First Son
16 posts

Re: Does anyone else think that no ps4s till ...

Sep 26, 2013

No not that i know of. My PS3 is first generation and still running strong. But i did read that the reason XBOX-One is so huge is because they made sure to add alot of ventilation this time to the console. So i wouldnt say that the RROD is something to worry about. Just my thoughts though. If you want XBOX then go for it. Its what you want.

Message 11 of 51 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 26, 2013

PhDChaos wrote:

I really want to preorder a PS4 but (coming from the 360...goodbye Xbox) am worried about potential issues with the console (like the YLOD or RROD).  I would like to just suck it up and preorder but had three 360's RROD on me.  Was the YLOD a big problem for PS3?

not as big of a issue as the 360's rrod but ylod has been an issue for many because of cheap lead free solder and cheap thermal compound..

i will void my warranty on day one and will be one of the first people around to take apart the ps4 and replace the thermal compound and see if there is anything else that can be done,because they still have to use lead free solder and i am sure it will most likely be the same crappy thermal compound used on the ps3..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 12 of 51 (198 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Sep 26, 2013

FLAW_88 wrote:

No not that i know of. My PS3 is first generation and still running strong. But i did read that the reason XBOX-One is so huge is because they made sure to add alot of ventilation this time to the console. So i wouldnt say that the RROD is something to worry about. Just my thoughts though. If you want XBOX then go for it. Its what you want.

Thanks for the encouragement, but I'm done with Microsoft and the Xbox.  IMO, the community is bad, the forums are hostile, and more importantly I want the PS exclusives not the Xbox exclusives.  Both consoles will be great I'm sure, but Naughty Dog games don't make their way over to Xbox.

Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 13 of 51 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Sep 26, 2013
I think the ps4 is going to be very hard to find. I believe there are some people that have pre orders on amazon who aren't guaranteed for launch day. There might be some on the shelves come Christmas time but they won't sit there long at all. But I can guarantee that on launch day there won't be a single ps4 on the shelf.
Message 14 of 51 (194 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Sep 26, 2013

waynefiend wrote:
I think the ps4 is going to be very hard to find. I believe there are some people that have pre orders on amazon who aren't guaranteed for launch day. There might be some on the shelves come Christmas time but they won't sit there long at all. But I can guarantee that on launch day there won't be a single ps4 on the shelf.

Thats discouraging. **bleep**.

Message 15 of 51 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Sep 27, 2013

After going through many console launches, I know for a fact it will be hard to find a PS4 the first few weeks after launch. There has already been wait lists started for those who didnt pre order, so they can get their name a a call list to be notified first if any are available. Of course the only consoles to be had on launch day are spoken for with pre orders, and after all pre oreders are met, idk, just have to keep your eye out for one.

Message 16 of 51 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Sep 27, 2013

I very much doubt that you won't be able to find one if you're determined enough.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 17 of 51 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 27, 2013

after a week or 2 you will be available to easily get one from craigslist at a discounted price..happens everytime the new consoles come come out.

I have been able to get some in the past just 2 weeks after launch for less than half price,throw in a couple Lortabs or Percocets and they will come running and be knocking on your door before you can hang up the phone talking to them..ha

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 18 of 51 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Sep 27, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

I very much doubt that you won't be able to find one if you're determined enough.

See, thats kinda what i'm thinking too. But i think i've been beaten by logic i guess you would say. I thought my opening post was logical, i guess not haha.

Message 19 of 51 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Well you might be able to find one but not @ a price you are willing to pay.
Message 20 of 51 (161 Views)
0 Likes