Last Guardian
11822 posts

Re: Does anyone bother buying/renting movies on PSN?

last month

I've mainly purchased videos on the PlayStation Network in the past. At the time the video players was far better compared to what it is now. On PlayStation 4 the videos are no longer downloaded to your system; instead you'll require an Internet connection in order to stream the video for playback. I prefer the streaming player capabilities used on Netflix compared to the one that Sony authorizes.

Every once in a rare while I do pay to rent videos. I'll rent over buying because I'd rather view an unseen movie than pay for something I've already watched. Even if I haven't experienced the movie before, it's riskier actually paying for a film that I may or may not care for. In the past couple of years I took a chance buying Boyhood off the PlayStation Network (when buying the movie was the only option given out). The movie was not to my liking, even though acclaim and nominations brought the movie. undeserved recognition.

Message 11 of 40 (245 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4591 posts

last month

Nope I do Netflix and watch TV series I have missed at dinner time. That 47min. is about the total of my TV time. I buy most movies I want to see. maybe 2-5 a year. I did want a 3D movie for my PSVR I just bought Spiderman 2 in 3D! for $10 on Amazon . The 3D was Amazing on PSVR just like Spiderman.

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it! Elite Dangerous is coming soon to PS4
Message 12 of 40 (242 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5732 posts

last month

GuitarGuru2012 wrote:

they were the only place I could find a good copy of the X-Files movies...so yea...when the shoe fits....I wear it.

Funny you mentioned that @GuitarGuru2012, those were 2 of my rentals haha.

SUPPORT: DATABASE | LIVE CHAT | SYSTEM UPDATES | REPAIRS

CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-800-345-7669 (Mon - Fri, 8am - 8pm PST)

Message 13 of 40 (238 Views)
Last Guardian
9435 posts

last month

I used to on PS3, then found it ridiculous that digital content was bumped in price (TV shows in particular). I also hated that I had to pay more for HD, as if there's some massive disparity in cost to them for me watching a download/stream. Now I'll do it maybe once a year if I'm ultra bored.

photo Qull-1-1.jpg
Message 14 of 40 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3644 posts

last month

I used to when I first bought my PS3. I bought many... Then I realized a few things... 

One I could not share my bought videos with my Daughters on their PS3s... I bought them Disney videos and tv shows to own yet now only one system can hold them. I am not sure if this happend after the April fools update or not... Yet if I have 2-5 ps3s on my account all of them should be able to watch the videos I paid for esspecially seeing that my children can not have thier own account yet and their PS3s are all owned by me... Our house hold owns 3 ps3 and a 4th one now at their fathers house. 

I also noticed that many of the TV series I was buying were not complete... I got threw about half of the Anime version of Romeo and Juliet only to realize I had to buy a disk copy from another company to finish watching the complete story...

THe other major issue I see is that it is much cheaper to purchase movies and videos from Vudu and Amazon, plus Amazon Prime and Netflix are much more affordable compaired to Sonys pricing... 

The most important issue I see is that I can not use my debi/credit card on Playstation... 

photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 15 of 40 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2051 posts

last month

ZombiehLife wrote:

Dead-Sync wrote:

On a side note, I actually liked the PS Originals show Powers. It was slow to start but by the end it wasn't half bad. Unfortunately, it wasn't renewed for a 3rd season.

@Dead-Sync  I actually like it too lol I wanted a 3rd season :/  I like it for the craziness lol A lot of cussing and some good bloody/gorey scenes xD

I have a couple of free episodes of some shows on PSN. I love Outcast Smiley Happy

I might get Scott Pilgrim vs The World but not right now.

Yeah, it is what a super hero show should be like. I wish more like these are done to show HOLLYWOOD that it can be done. Netflix has Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and soon will add The Punisher. Have you checked these out?

Message 16 of 40 (204 Views)
Wastelander
571 posts

last month

Res-R-Rex wrote:

Yeah, it is what a super hero show should be like. I wish more like these are done to show HOLLYWOOD that it can be done. Netflix has Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and soon will add The Punisher. Have you checked these out?

@Res-R-Rex  You are so right Smiley Happy I hope more shows like these come out.

Yesh! I've only seen Daredevil (loves it) I haven't seen Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones but I am looking forward to The Punisher Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 40 (202 Views)
Survivor
2051 posts

last month

ZombiehLife wrote:

Res-R-Rex wrote:

@Res-R-Rex  You are so right Smiley Happy I hope more shows like these come out.

Yesh! I've only seen Daredevil (loves it) I haven't seen Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones but I am looking forward to The Punisher Smiley Happy

After Iron Fist and possibly before The Punisher they are making The Defenders, Use wiki to look up The Defenders. It should be good though.

Message 18 of 40 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
826 posts

last month

I only buy Movies and TV Series on PlayStation Video. Currently have over 300 Movies and 100 TV Series. I have not bought a physical Movie, TV, Music, or Game disc since 2009.

The only thing I want them to do right now, is bring the 4K HDR content over to PS4 Pro. Otherwise, I can't see any reason to go elsewhere. I would rather give my movie money to Sony to help strengthen PSN, than to Amazon or Walmart which offer me nothing in return.

PlayStation = Innovation
Proud to live in the future with the best electronics on the planet.
Message 19 of 40 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

last month

I bought Kingsglaive on it when I got FFXV. Other than that, no.

Message 20 of 40 (184 Views)
0 Likes