Highlighted
Jun 07 2011
By: RcBlaze Lombax Warrior 217 posts

Does Vita Do Remote Play

4 replies 80 views Edited Jun 7, 2011

Will Vita support remote play for PS3 titles and PS2 or PS1. Will any remote play be supported?

Message 1 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Re: Does Vita Do Remote Play

Jun 7, 2011

I was hoping they'd show off the remote play capabilities since no one really knows anything about it yet, but maybe in the next few days!

Sign the petition for Modnation Racers 2 on PS4:
http://bit.ly/1wSwKKr
Message 2 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 7, 2011

Remote play? As in using the PSV as a controller for the PS3?

That won't be practical with most games considering the PSV only has no L/R 2-3...you're missing two buttons and two triggers.

Keep in mind, however, that certain titles -will- make use of PSN Cloud, such as Ruin. Save, exit, move, enter, load. Congratulations, you're now playing Ruin on the big screen!

...Or on that absolutely amazing dual-3D twenty-something inch PlayStation flatscreen...

...$500...

...GIMME!!!

Message 3 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Jun 7, 2011

I'm pretty sure someone who demoed the unit a few months ago said there was L3/R3 (I forget where I read it, sorry).

I wasn't meaning using the Vita as a controller (although the OP may have?) for PS3, but just to see how they can work together. In January Kazou Hirai and Hideo Kojima both spoke of the relationship the Vita and PS3 would have and how they'd show it at E3, but nothing really was shown/talked about, except "transfarring", which we've known about since January.

Sign the petition for Modnation Racers 2 on PS4:
http://bit.ly/1wSwKKr
Message 4 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jun 9, 2011

Yes it does Remote play and its upgraded (Resolution and quality) Also look for Cross Play, which is Playing PSV and PS3 together in multiplayer

Message 5 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes