Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2153 posts

Re: Does Playstation Plus work with Sub-Account user?

Feb 7, 2012

Ok, here's the deal (as Ross Perot used to say).  Yes, I can verify it because I have a sub account, you can use plus with a sub account.  With that said there is a catch to it.  Your master account and your sub account has to be registered to the same person, address etc.  So if your master account holder is John Doe at 123 Smith Lane and your sub account is exactly the same then yes it will work just fine.  Back at launch I made a psn account with a name I decided i did not like.  So a few months with it I changed it to another one.  Back then they didn't warn you that you were making a sub account but thats exactly what I made.  And as I have been using that name ever since as my main account I wanted to use Plus with it.  And it works just fine.  Hope this helps. 

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (3,589 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 6, 2012

"Your master account and your sub account has to be registered to the same person, address etc.  So if your master account holder is John Doe at 123 Smith Lane and your sub account is exactly the same then yes it will work just fine."

I've tryied the same thing and do not work for me...

I have a master acount and another two sub accounts, one has exactly the same information like you say and the other has not, neither has the plus access.

I only wanted that the two sub account can access the online storage to store the saves of each one... (i already lost two times the saves from them, and my are ok because i have the plus and the online storage save all of them)

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (3,547 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28644 posts

Sep 7, 2012

SACLUCSE wrote:

"Your master account and your sub account has to be registered to the same person, address etc.  So if your master account holder is John Doe at 123 Smith Lane and your sub account is exactly the same then yes it will work just fine."

I've tryied the same thing and do not work for me...

I have a master acount and another two sub accounts, one has exactly the same information like you say and the other has not, neither has the plus access.

I only wanted that the two sub account can access the online storage to store the saves of each one... (i already lost two times the saves from them, and my are ok because i have the plus and the online storage save all of them)

Thanks

I could be wrong, & someone please feel free to correct me, but I was under the impression that the online storage was only available to the "main" account. not the sub-accounts.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (3,544 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Sep 7, 2012
I added funds to my main account and bought my Plus subscription on my sub account. I have access to all the features and all, cloud storage, etc.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (3,540 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 7, 2012
How many plus subscriptions do you have?
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (3,530 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28644 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

BoobooJones wrote:
I added funds to my main account and bought my Plus subscription on my sub account. I have access to all the features and all, cloud storage, etc.

Taken from this website:

NOTE:

The PlayStation Plus subscription will renew automatically. Every time you or one of your associated Sub Accounts purchases any kind of subscription, the automatic funding feature in the Master Account is set automatically to “ON.” Note that some subscriptions, for example PlayStation®Plus, are not available to Sub Accounts nor to users under 18. If, on the renewal date, Automatic Funding is set to “On”, your payment method is registered with us and your wallet does not have enough funds to cover the subscription charge, your wallet will be funded automatically from your registered payment method with the greater of the minimum top-up amount or the renewal cost. Funds added to the wallet are non-refundable. The Master Account holder may change this automatic funding setting to “OFF” at any time. However, the setting will return to “ON” upon subsequent purchase of any subscription, so setting your automatic funding feature to “OFF” may not effectively cancel your subscription. In order to stop receiving a subscription and avoid being charged, you must cancel your subscription in the Account Management area. If the credit card is not registered, the wallet does not have enough funds or [Automatic Funding] has been turned off, your PlayStation®Plus subscription may not be able to be renewed.

Unlkess Booboo is mistaken or their wording is wrong & they did indeed subscribe to this using a sub-account as indicated then the rules must have changed?!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (3,527 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

There is so much mis-information in this thread.. :smileysad: I've had PS+ since day one and my son has been a sub-account. So I know this first hand.

If a master account has PS+, the sub account can use everything except Avatars, Cloud, and Auto-Sync. There was one Beta that was locked to the master account also, but I can't remember which one it was.

I wanted my son's sub-account to have PS+ because I wanted him to get the avatars as there were LBP ones at the beginning (This was before the cloud stuff). But, I read the same thing others mentioned here, that he wasn't allowed to have it, so I never tried.

Then the PSN hack happened and EVERYONE was given free PS+ for a short time. So, I've been renewing my son's sub-account ever since.

I have PS+ on my master account and my son has PS+ on his sub-account. We have two PS3's.. So he is setup to auto-sync everything on one PS3 and I am setup to auto-sync on the other PS3. He has gotten EVERYTHING that I have as a sub-account PS+ user so far.

Instead of asking here, just log into the sub-account and purchase it. Can't hurt to try.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (3,515 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Sep 9, 2012

Great post.  I remember posting some similar in another (or multiple) threads.  I'm setup similar to you, with a PS3 in the boys room, and mine in the living room.  I have the PS+ master account.  The boys get to play everything I download via PS+ ... I just have to download it for them under my account on their PS3.

The only thing they don't get are things locked to the account - avatars and I remember some of the original GT5 DLC received a PS+ discount, which was locked to the purchasing account.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (3,488 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Themes and avatarS can't be used on sub accounts I literally just tried to do that right now..
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (2,676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 24, 2013
I'm getting the playstation 4 therefore I need playstation plus to play online but will I be able to play online on my other accounts on the same system I need to know ASAP
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (1,434 Views)
0 Likes