Apr 05 2014
By: Cbrotherhood First Son 1 posts

Does PS Plus time stack and will I lose my download history if I renew early?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 1671 views Edited Apr 11, 2014

Hi guys!

I'm pretty new to the playstation , and since my game collection was pretty limited I decided to subscribe to PS+ for a year (PS+ Card 1 Year membership ).
It's been awesome so far, I get to download pretty good games and since I play like 2 times a week,  I haven't finished a single game but it's good to know that you'll have something to play once you finish the game your currently playing.

I found a post on another forum where the guy who decided to renew his membership, lost all games from the download history. That post was created on 2010 / 11. He had problems because Even though he was able to play the games he had previously installed on his HDD, all the games from his download history disappeared and he checked the PS store and all games were not avaible for free.

So after reading this, I wonder, Suppose my subscription ends on december 1st, if a renew my subscription on november using a PS+ Card 1 year membership :
1) will I  to keep my free games on the download history?
2) Will the reamaining time from the old subscription add up to the new subscription time?

Thank you very much for your answer.

And please excuse my poor english.

Greetings.

Mod Edit: Updated title to be as descriptive as possible. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

Message 1 of 3 (1,671 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Re: PS Plus Download History

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2014

Cbrotherhood wrote:

Hi guys!

I'm pretty new to the playstation , and since my game collection was pretty limited I decided to subscribe to PS+ for a year (PS+ Card 1 Year membership ).
It's been awesome so far, I get to download pretty good games and since I play like 2 times a week,  I haven't finished a single game but it's good to know that you'll have something to play once you finish the game your currently playing.

I found a post on another forum where the guy who decided to renew his membership, lost all games from the download history. That post was created on 2010 / 11. He had problems because Even though he was able to play the games he had previously installed on his HDD, all the games from his download history disappeared and he checked the PS store and all games were not avaible for free.

So after reading this, I wonder, Suppose my subscription ends on december 1st, if a renew my subscription on november using a PS+ Card 1 year membership :

If it ends in December and you renew in November a month before yes you will be fine. I renewwed mine till April 2016 and all of my previous downloads are still on my list.

2) Will the reamaining time from the old subscription add up to the new subscription time?

Yes it will. If you ren new  in Nov 2014 and its so pose to end in Dec 2014. A year card  will now end  in Dec 2015. You wont loose that month. I added 2 more years mid cyctle and  have all the time i paid for the 2 years plus the 6 months already paid for.

Greetings.

Message 2 of 3 (1,656 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: PS Plus Download History

Apr 5, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

Cbrotherhood wrote:

Hi guys!

If it ends in December and you renew in November a month before yes you will be fine. I renewwed mine till April 2016 and all of my previous downloads are still on my list.

Yes it will. If you ren new  in Nov 2014 and its so pose to end in Dec 2014. A year card  will now end  in Dec 2015. You wont loose that month. I added 2 more years mid cyctle and  have all the time i paid for the 2 years plus the 6 months already paid for.

Greetings.

Fixed.

Message 3 of 3 (1,646 Views)
0 Likes