Splicer
47 posts

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 26, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

ACE_GROOOVY wrote:

Long term is me having to wait until E3 to see some new game trailers. Sheez thats like 10 days away, dang. 

When I buy a game system, I put a lot of thought into it. Not only I look into what games there are right now, but what games could potentially be there in months or even years down the road. And, at least with me, it works! I bought the PS3 back when the "PS3-has-no-games" BS was popular, yet 4 years of service later the same PS3 has run for a few thousand hours and with plenty of great games down it's belt and it has definitely outlasted many more "otherboxes." Same happened with the PSP, where I lost two years worth of breaktime on the DMP games.

Now, when I bought the Vita, I expect the same. I will be getting good games over the course of the few years, and I will play the said games when I get around to them

See that? Now that's thinking long term.

But... No one thinks like that anymore, right? Everyone has short attention spans, spoiled by the amount of low-quality flash and smartphone/tablet games that provide instant gratification, and everyone is thinking what is better to have NOW rather than thinking what would be better years down the line.

And, in my opinion, that's the Vita's biggest problem.

Right, because the last playstation portable was dominant, right? The market that the Vita and PS3 faces are basically the same, right? The Vita can easily overturn the DS and all of those smartphones...in a market that no-longer calls for dedicated handhelds, right? Some people have serious mental deficiencies. The denial is strong.

Message 81 of 128 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

May 26, 2013

It may seem perfect now, but they can always make little improvements. I tried it out, and I didn't like how puny the buttons were. Maybe they could make them a tad bigger.

photo 2224291_zps9f29b322.jpg
This is mah signature. It is a noice signature.
Message 82 of 128 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

marc2henri wrote:

i guess nintendo should let the Wii U go too. i havent played my vita for 3 weeks thats because i already played and beaten all my games. there are many games coming and PS4 is probably gonna  bundle wth vita. if they unleash full remote play. VITA will dominate this year.

No EA support, no GTA V, 3rd parties not enthusiastic about making ports for it.... hmm....  you know what? There's nothing wrong with it. Hell, I can't understand why Sega gave up on the Dreamcast. They had a great chance, too.

/sarcasm

Message 83 of 128 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 27, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:
... The back touch panel is the most useless thing ever too~.

Adding to the list ... Little Deviants. Yes, it's NOT a bad game. It shows off what you can do with all the gimmicky features, but it's not just that, it's a fun game. I've seen others review it like it fully a gimmick and that's all. I haven't played through the whole thing, I have been busy with other things, but one day I'll pick it up again and it'll be a ton of fun again. It's great for challenging friends too.

Treasures of Montezum Blitz. A free to play game, you can spend money on it, but you don't have to. Back touch adds to it when kickout mode is on. This is a game that has other versions out there on the pc & mobile marketplaces. TOM Blitz is the slickest version I've seen, it's pretty, fast, rewarding, and limiting if you don't spend money on it (which is a good thing to ride it free and not waste so much time and money)

I agree with both. I'm actually rather surprised Little Deviants hasn't been added as a PS+ IGC offering - it only received mediocre scores, so I think many people are hesitant, but it does a great job showing off all the Vita's features.

And I love Blitz, though I admittedly haven't played in awhile ever since I got every achievement other than the "play 100 hours" one. I don't think the rear touch is the reason why it's such a fun, addicting game, but it was certainly integrated well.

Message 84 of 128 (172 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 27, 2013

No, I think Sony should keep supporting the Vita! It's a very cool handheld.  I think it has so much potential and with the upcoming PS4 I think the Vita will become even cooler. The Vita needs a price drop and the memory cards needs a price drop and it needs some more games and it's good to go, it's not too late for the Vita!!! 

I love my PlayStation Vita! 

Message 85 of 128 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 27, 2013
Why let it go? Sony already invested millions into production.
Message 86 of 128 (160 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

May 27, 2013
I don't know. I hear the whole PS4--vita intergration. But $200-$250 peripheral? That's 3 or 4 games. Cool idea but I don't think it makes much cents
Message 87 of 128 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

May 27, 2013
Well SCE expects to ship 5 million PSP and PSV systems this year. Safe to say over a million will be PSPs. That said it'll be a very niche, loyal community and I think that's what Sony is going for. No need to drop it. Just set your expectations accordingly.
Message 88 of 128 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

May 27, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:
... The back touch panel is the most useless thing ever too~.

Adding to the list ... Little Deviants. Yes, it's NOT a bad game. It shows off what you can do with all the gimmicky features, but it's not just that, it's a fun game. I've seen others review it like it fully a gimmick and that's all. I haven't played through the whole thing, I have been busy with other things, but one day I'll pick it up again and it'll be a ton of fun again. It's great for challenging friends too.

Treasures of Montezum Blitz. A free to play game, you can spend money on it, but you don't have to. Back touch adds to it when kickout mode is on. This is a game that has other versions out there on the pc & mobile marketplaces. TOM Blitz is the slickest version I've seen, it's pretty, fast, rewarding, and limiting if you don't spend money on it (which is a good thing to ride it free and not waste so much time and money)

I agree with both. I'm actually rather surprised Little Deviants hasn't been added as a PS+ IGC offering - it only received mediocre scores, so I think many people are hesitant, but it does a great job showing off all the Vita's features.

And I love Blitz, though I admittedly haven't played in awhile ever since I got every achievement other than the "play 100 hours" one. I don't think the rear touch is the reason why it's such a fun, addicting game, but it was certainly integrated well.

I'm plugging away at TOM Blitz for that last trophy too. Yeah, the back touch isn't the draw, it's just an added bonus sometimes, integrated very well. I have had times when I haven't played, so I try not to be upset when my Red Ziggeraut number increases ... since I'm playing straight out, using no gems, just trying to build up time. 

Message 89 of 128 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

May 27, 2013

jjjkuk wrote:

It's a great little piece of tech. They really should support it more. At least come out with a new model so I can get it Smiley Happy

There is no point in making new model, as some people said , nothing wrong with the model that is out in the stores.

I only wish sony start to give it a real support, I wish sony give me a good reason to keep my vita and not only remote play thing.

Message 90 of 128 (123 Views)
0 Likes