Splicer
47 posts

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:

g1i1ch wrote:

Agreed about the indie point. Sony just opened their Vita game SDK for free. Expect indie games to skyrocket on the Vita.

I don't count Indie games because they don't hold a candle against AAA games. There's no indie game like Persona 4: The Golden, SMTIV, Bravely Default, MH, Resident Evil, and so on and so forth. Furthermore, remember Sony's campaign for the PSV during 2k11's E3? A handheld to play AAA games. That's not something I hoped for, wished for, made up. It was their promise. A promise they have to deliver or else I'm afraid it'd qualify as false advertisement. You can't change the rules along the road just because things aren't working for you. Early adopters bought the PSV for that promise, and fun as they may be, Indie games aren't part of said promise~.

No offense, but people break promises, get over it

There are some great AAA titles such as Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Persona. i can gurantee that if every game that is currently in the Vita library, you still would have the same amount of games you currently have.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read in my life.

"Hey, everyone... let's not worry about false advertising or bait and switching." This is blind loyalty at its worst.

Message 31 of 128 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

May 25, 2013

Kittyhawk816 wrote:
I love my Vita, and if you think it is useless you are missing out. It is small, but with a decently sized screen for it's size (bigger than my phone for certain). I have downloaded games plus a few cartridges, so I can play as I like when I like. Plus when I showed my Vita to the game store people when discussing the PS3 their eyes lit up like Christmas trees as they started telling me everything that would cause me to love my Vita even more when the PS4 was released. I watch Netflix and YouTube regularly on it, love Treasure Park for all that it is a simple, cheap, basically throwaway game. I really can't explain well enough how amazing a handheld system it really is.

I never said that the machine was useless. I think the machine, itself, is great. However...the memory cards are about 4x too high, and the library -- outside of ps3 ports -- is practically, nothing.

Message 32 of 128 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

May 25, 2013

First off, that year and a half is 3 months away still.

Your trophy list I --did not look at. I wasn't asking about your trophies, I was asking about the games you bought. Trophy lists are not exactly the same as what games you buy.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Almost. We don't have all the games that you have. But we do have games that you don't have. I am guessing that Need for Speed Most Wanted isn't good enough, or LIttle Big Planet Vita, or LEGO LoTR Vita, or Little Deviants, or Unit 13.

Really none of the games are super as much as I would WANT them to be, the ones listed by me, or the ones in your pictures, we all have such high expectations. Have they been fun though, many of them, yes, yes, yes and the future will bring more. There are games coming in June and October for the PS Vita that I have been looking forward to. More will be announced at E3. All sorts of possibilities exist.

At any rate, I have a ton of games, between PS VIta cards, and downloads, and PS1 downloads and PSP downloads and minis and junk, some of it bought outright, some of it through PS+ free, but I have things on my PS Vita that are playable, replayable, and fun, play it once, finish it or not, but there are things I'd wish for and want but don't have and I am no authority over anyone about it and they aren't over me or anyone else either.

Basically you want MORE AAA made for PS Vita by big game houses. I want more fun, some shooters that are freaking great. I don't care who makes them, AAA or Indie.

I am more satified with my PS Vita after a full year+3 months with it, than you seem to be with yours. Opinions are personal, so it's precisely what this thread is about, Does Anyone Think The VIta Should be Let Go. Nope, we are happy with the PS Vita and great things are in the future for it. Right?

Message 33 of 128 (208 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28986 posts

May 25, 2013

I think Sony should do the opposite of what the gamer cognoscenti thinks.

Message 34 of 128 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

May 25, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Your trophy list I --did not look at. I wasn't asking about your trophies, I was asking about the games you bought. Trophy lists are not exactly the same as what games you buy.

Except a trophy list can tell you right away what a person owns, has played and how much they've played. For example, if you'd have checked my trophy list you'd have seen I own Unit 13. A trophy list is exactly the same as what games you buy and play~.

Message 35 of 128 (197 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

May 25, 2013

ArvindraHerod12 wrote:

the vita had so much potential

it still does, i think Sony just released it to early.

Message 36 of 128 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4084 posts

May 25, 2013

Indie market hyped up?

Well, Sony is opening up the gaming market letting people make games and actually publish them. Helping them. People make games. Just because it's Indie doesn't make it non good, and just because it's AAA doesn't mean it's really that kind of a quality game. It might, but lets put it this way, many Indie games are NOT phone games, and just because a game is on a phone doesn't mean it's not a good game either.

Everyone starts some place. An Indie developer will make the next AAA someday.

Message 37 of 128 (192 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

May 25, 2013

g1i1ch wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote

Indie games shouldn't not count either. Some are made just for the PS Vita, not AAA, but good solid fun games. There is a market for such games on the Vita, and it's just one of those benefical layers. Something for everyone, and more to come ... like true Remote Play from the PS4.

Agreed about the indie point. Sony just opened their Vita game SDK for free. Expect indie games to skyrocket on the Vita.

in my work , with my friends , everywhere, I see people don't buy PS Vita because it have alot of indie games, because PSV get alot of indies while we have to wait for long time to get real vita games , I see people buy 3DS instead of PS Vita because of that reason alone.

Message 38 of 128 (188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

Kittyhawk816 wrote:
I love my Vita, and if you think it is useless you are missing out. It is small, but with a decently sized screen for it's size (bigger than my phone for certain). I have downloaded games plus a few cartridges, so I can play as I like when I like. Plus when I showed my Vita to the game store people when discussing the PS3 their eyes lit up like Christmas trees as they started telling me everything that would cause me to love my Vita even more when the PS4 was released. I watch Netflix and YouTube regularly on it, love Treasure Park for all that it is a simple, cheap, basically throwaway game. I really can't explain well enough how amazing a handheld system it really is.

I never said that the machine was useless. I think the machine, itself, is great. However...the memory cards are about 4x too high, and the library -- outside of ps3 ports -- is practically, nothing.

I love the games that I have. Granted there are no other games released at the moment that I actually want to buy, but then again that also leave me free to feel like I can actually take the time to play the games I currently own for it. I also have several older ports that I have bought to play with for when I'm out and about and don't have the free attention to actually pay attention to the game. I even bought a couple of movies (!) for my system, for long trips or other times when I'm basically trapped in a situation, but can't actually play. The game itself is of course not useless. There are several games available that I'm happy with, if you don't want any of the games release I'm sorry, feel free not to buy it. There are a ton of extra bells and whistles available that I did not even expect when I bought the system. It is larger and more convenient than an iPod, smaller and therefore easier to bring out at odd times than my iPad (plus I'll be honest, true games are awkward as heck to play on the Pad), though of course movies are kinda nice on the Pad due to it's larger screen. But then again I don't really like buying from iTunes, but thats a personal issue. Music is a bit more convienient on the Pods or my phone, but I have to say that really that is about all I can say that is more convienient on another device than on my Vita. Well, maybe phone calls, but since that isn't a Vita option I can't even say that for certain. I dunno, I just really think that you haven't given it some real, unbiased thought. But then again I'm completely biased based on my actual purchase and subsequent action of actually using my Vita just about everywhere.

Message 39 of 128 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

May 25, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:

No offense, but people break promises, get over it. 

There are some great AAA titles such as Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Persona. i can gurantee that if every game that is currently in the Vita library, you still would have the same amount of games you currently have.

People is one thing; companies are a very different thing. If after you buy your PS4 you find out that you have to check online once a day in order to play on your system, what are you going to say? "People break promises, I'll get over it" or "Well, crap, this isn't what I was sold on"? Go ahead, tell me~.

Uncharted is a launch title, Gravity Rush is not that far off, nor is Persona (which is a port). The underlined part I can't answer to because that sentence just makes no sense to me. What I can guarantee you, is that I own more PSV games than you do, and thus I am entitled to my educated opinion~.

agree with Juan here, I bought my PSV because sony gave me a big promise about I will play AAA games on my vita, I didn't buy it because people promised me , I bought it because of sony's promise.

Message 40 of 128 (182 Views)
0 Likes