I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

the vita had so much potential

Message 11 of 128 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

May 25, 2013

ArvindraHerod12 wrote:

the vita had so much potential

*has

Message 12 of 128 (354 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7413 posts

May 25, 2013

Well considering the fact that i mostly use my vita to game and not my ps3 ( i got bored of my ps3 already ) so no i dont think the vita should be terminated, heck as a matter of fact im expecting the system to have a very good E3, sony needs to put small first party teams to work on the vita just like Guerrilla Games and Media Molecule are doing right now, they need Sucker Punch, Santa Monica, London Studio, Evolution Studios, sony Japan, Naughty Dog, PD and others to follow GG and Mm and start supporting the system as well.

Sony needs to work a deal with Insomniac Games to release a new Resistance game ( i would be very happy with Resistance Fall of Man 2) and a full fledge Ratchet and Clank game developed by them and not some third party incompetent studio. 

Price drop, memory card price drops, more apps, more functionalities and the system will be just fine.

Message 13 of 128 (349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2015

Message 14 of 128 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

i just recently became a Vita owner. So my opinion is NO. Smiley Tongue

It was on sale from Frys for $199, plus it was my Wife's anniversary gift to me.

I don't think the PSV has hit it's full potential yet.

But, I expect it will be to the PS4 what the PSP was to the PS3.

Plus, with Sony announcing the Vita will be able to remote play all PS4 games (!), I'm very happy to be PSV owner.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 15 of 128 (342 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote

Indie games shouldn't not count either. Some are made just for the PS Vita, not AAA, but good solid fun games. There is a market for such games on the Vita, and it's just one of those benefical layers. Something for everyone, and more to come ... like true Remote Play from the PS4.

Agreed about the indie point. Sony just opened their Vita game SDK for free. Expect indie games to skyrocket on the Vita.

Message 16 of 128 (340 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

May 25, 2013

gamevader28 wrote:

I will get one eventually when the free PS+ games build up.

PS+ Vita free games build up? They don't. It's something that does if you subscribe though. If you don't subscribe, eventually Gravity Rush won't be free for you if you LATER subscribe. For example.

You have to be a member of PS+ and manually select each "free" PS+ game to "buy" as part of the program. Then, while you are PS+ it's in your personal catalog of games. If you stop paying for PS+ you can't play those games any more, but you can later re-PS+ and then you can play those games again, but anytime there are games in the PS+ system that you haven't "bought" as PS+ --- when they aren't PS+ anymore, you won't have the opportunity to get them.

Stuff goes into PS+ and comes out. You lose privelage of it if you didn't act on it when it was PS+'d.

Message 17 of 128 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

May 25, 2013

g1i1ch wrote:

Agreed about the indie point. Sony just opened their Vita game SDK for free. Expect indie games to skyrocket on the Vita.

I don't count Indie games because they don't hold a candle against AAA games. There's no indie game like Persona 4: The Golden, SMTIV, Bravely Default, MH, Resident Evil, and so on and so forth. Furthermore, remember Sony's campaign for the PSV during 2k11's E3? A handheld to play AAA games. That's not something I hoped for, wished for, made up. It was their promise. A promise they have to deliver or else I'm afraid it'd qualify as false advertisement. You can't change the rules along the road just because things aren't working for you. Early adopters bought the PSV for that promise, and fun as they may be, Indie games aren't part of said promise~.

Message 18 of 128 (319 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

g1i1ch wrote:

I don't count Indie games because they don't hold a candle against AAA games. There's no indie game like Persona 4: The Golden, SMTIV, Bravely Default, MH, Resident Evil, and so on and so forth. Furthermore, remember Sony's campaign for the PSV during 2k11's E3? A handheld to play AAA games. That's not something I hoped for, wished for, made up. It was their promise. A promise they have to deliver or else I'm afraid it'd qualify as false advertisement. You can't change the rules along the road just because things aren't working for you. Early adopters bought the PSV for that promise, and fun as they may be, Indie games aren't part of said promise~.

No offense, but people break promises, get over it. 

There are some great AAA titles such as Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Persona. i can gurantee that if every game that is currently in the Vita library, you still would have the same amount of games you currently have.

Message 19 of 128 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

May 25, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

No offense, but people break promises, get over it. 

There are some great AAA titles such as Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Persona. i can gurantee that if every game that is currently in the Vita library, you still would have the same amount of games you currently have.

People is one thing; companies are a very different thing. If after you buy your PS4 you find out that you have to check online once a day in order to play on your system, what are you going to say? "People break promises, I'll get over it" or "Well, crap, this isn't what I was sold on"? Go ahead, tell me~.

Uncharted is a launch title, Gravity Rush is not that far off, nor is Persona (which is a port). The underlined part I can't answer to because that sentence just makes no sense to me. What I can guarantee you, is that I own more PSV games than you do, and thus I am entitled to my educated opinion~.

Message 20 of 128 (306 Views)