Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 27, 2013
i would love an infamous with cole, gow, GRAN TURISMO!, nfs, and okami games for my vita, but i will wait patiently and hope they are slowly made or ported to the vita (in okami, GT, or nfs's case).

Those are the games everybodys waiting for, but all of sonys devs are working on its main cash cow right now, and so these games won't see the light of day for another couple years or so. (if bend is really working on ps4 and not vita, some games will take even longer)
Message 91 of 128 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

May 27, 2013

I have a Playstation Vita, and I dropped the first one and bought another, some games do need to be added to the library but I find that 8 gigs is prefectly fine. People keep talking about how Sony should just drop the Vita and how Nintendo is this huge portable gaming juggernaut, but the thing is Nintendo's 3DS is what comes out after a hefty meal of the Playstation Vita, the thing is unless your 6 or just enjoy the endless selection of essentially the same mario title over and over, or you like frying your eyes more than usual with the no glasses 3D gimmick, the 3DS is probrably not for you either. Nintendo is just spitting out game after game for the Vita and it just seems to me like Sony has the 3DS' number the Vita is already outselling the 3DS in Japan, and Sony doens't have 4 of one game series on the Vita. I'm not gonna lie, I was about to get a 3DS but then I saw that in the end the Vita has more of a verity of games, as opposed to releasing a mario game every couple months. I will probrably get a 3DS eventually, but only for Super Smash Bros. because its just classic like that, but if Sony stops making games for the Vita before it has a real chance to get through to all the people Nintendo has brainwashed I will truly be sad.

Message 92 of 128 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

May 27, 2013
Are you out of your mind? The PSV is nowhere near outselling the old version of the 3DS. Let alone the 3DS and 3DS XL combined. The PSV has sold like 5M while the 3DS has sold 30M. How do you ever figure that the 3DS is inferior~?
Message 93 of 128 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

May 27, 2013

1. I said it started outselling in JAPAN, try reading before calling me crazy, and 2. alot of the games on the 3DS appeal to mostly 6 year olds (the 4 or 5 games that are Mario, Mario themed, Mario related) I'm not saying mario isn't fun, but pretty much the same thing again and again doesn't appeal to me a whole lot. And the 3DS has sold 30M because all the spoiled 6 year olds that have their parents buy them a 3DS, and why they got a 3DS is because it was almost a 100 cheaper. I can honestly say I know (and have seen) maybe 3 people over 9 playing a 3DS. The Vita games are better, actually have a veriety, and Sony doesn't recycle basically the same thing but with different level builds (most of the time) 

Message 94 of 128 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

May 27, 2013

Either way, when it comes to Portable Gaming Sony is beating Nintedo at the moment. Nintendo seems to forget that a lot of people need to actaully be able to put their Portable Gaming in their pocket, it seems as if both sides have forgotten but Nintendo more so. Nintedo comes out with an XL version of every console making it impossible to put it in your pocket, not just hard to get it to fit.

Message 95 of 128 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

May 27, 2013
That simply isn't true. Both versions of the 3DS are the best selling systems in Japan and have been for the past few months. The PS Vita manage to outsell it for 3 weeks during its price drop.
Message 96 of 128 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

RifleNinja49 wrote:

1. I said it started outselling in JAPAN, try reading before calling me crazy, and 2. alot of the games on the 3DS appeal to mostly 6 year olds (the 4 or 5 games that are Mario, Mario themed, Mario related) I'm not saying mario isn't fun, but pretty much the same thing again and again doesn't appeal to me a whole lot. And the 3DS has sold 30M because all the spoiled 6 year olds that have their parents buy them a 3DS, and why they got a 3DS is because it was almost a 100 cheaper. I can honestly say I know (and have seen) maybe 3 people over 9 playing a 3DS. The Vita games are better, actually have a veriety, and Sony doesn't recycle basically the same thing but with different level builds (most of the time) 

Hello!!! 

I don't know where you live, but I live in a planet called Earth , and where I live the 3DS is killing the vita , and you can see that by the selling numbers and the games library , even the DS games library, you can play all of the DS games on your 3DS , while for the Vita you can't play all the PSP games , even if you have physical copies of your old PSP games , you have to re buy them again and for a price that cost you more mony than buying a physical copy for the same game. and another problem is not all of the PSP games available in the psn store, so if u missed some psp games like Crisis Core and other good games like that you have to buy a psp to play them.  for me I didn't have a DS before but I don't feel I missed any good RPGs , because I can buy them or borrow them from my friends and play them. while for the PSP there was few games I missed and there is noway to play them on my vita, and that alone is a good reason to make some people buy the 3DS over the Vita. (don't call me 3DS or nintendo fan , I only say what I see with my own eyes)

alot of the games on the 3DS appeal to mostly 6 year olds, if this is true then I don't think Capcom would bother to make games like Resident Evil for the 3DS because I don't think there are any parents want to buy games like that for their spoiled kids , (and there are rumors about Capcom planning to make a new RE for the 3DS in the future) , and TBH , all the people I work with they all have 3DS , even when I go to the gym near my house , when I take my 3DS with me I  get like 20-30 streetpass inside the gym when I keep it on in my sport bag , and I don't see any kids at the gym .

not only that but because the 3DS getting more games all of my friends sold their vitas to buy 3DS, not only my friends but the people around my house , when I first bought my vita, when I used to open near, I used to see alot of my neighbors playing the vita , and they are adults. while now I don't even use near because it's dead , everyone had vita sold it or traded it for 3DS .

Agree with you on mario part , the 3DS is getting too many of mario and zelda games (I hate mario lol and I don't like to play zelda games Smiley Tongue) but even with that, I still find alot of games I want to play and games that will be out in next 2 months I want , while on my Vita , the only game I'm waiting for is KZ and there is a very long waiting for that , and I don't know about any good Vita game after KZ , the only thing I know is the vita getting alot of indie games and ports , and TBH I didn't waste 300$ to play indie games or ports , or to use it as an accessory for the PS4, and for that reason , I see people go with the 3DS.

and why they got a 3DS is because it was almost a 100 cheaper, believe it or not but that is true some stores selling the Vita for 250$ and without a memory card , and a 8G memory isn't good if you want to have some games that only available as digital only so you need to waste 50$-100$ to get a good memory card, that is like 300-350$ that will only get you the system without any games , while for the 3DS you can get the system for like 170-200$ and it does come with memory or you can buy a bigger memory for like 10-20$ only so that will make you end up with 100-150$ to buy few games , I took my friend to buy PS Vita long time ago but he ended up getting 3DS because he was going to spend his money to get a Vita and 1-2 games but he found that for the same price he can end up with 3DS XL system plus 6-7 games, I wasn't happy at that time because he got 3DS and not a vita but now I don't blame him at all.

The Vita games are better, well it had some better games I agree , but don't forget the 3DS have some  games that are better then the vita games too and we wish they can come to the Vita like MH and now the 3DS getting more good games, while we are waiting for 1 game that will come in few months >.< which is Kill Zone M.

I can honestly say I know (and have seen) maybe 3 people over 9 playing a 3DS, now I wish I can see that ,I used to see alot of people with PS Vita before but sadly not anymore,  where I live everyone use smartphones or 3DS for games, even few of the GameStops near my house don't display anything about the PS Vita, when I need something for my Vita , I make them call other stores to ship the things I need for my PS Vita to my local GameStop.

I love my Vita and I love my 3DS ( I wish I bought 3DS sooner than now) , and I wish to keep boths systems as I'm a big handheld systems fan , but I just can't see any reason to keep my Vita as it get 1 real game every 5-6 months , and we don't know anything about any PS Vita games other than KZ and very few games, E3 is my last hope for my Vita .

Message 97 of 128 (381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 28, 2013

I love my vita, It has so much potential. Automatically saying it should be put down even though its only 1 year old is out of the question. Sure its a slow start but PS3 was in a similar situation and look where it is now. Give the Vita the time and love it deserves meaning give it the chance to allow developers to put games on the console. So far the Indie market is getting its hand on this marvelous device you've got the episodic walking dead game coming and even limbo is coming on to the vita. But thats just the start, we have super awesome games coming such as Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, Another Assassin's Creed (unknown if its Rising Phoenix), Jak and Daxter HD collection, and soon the Sly Cooper Collection. These are all amazing to me how many games are coming onto this device. Sure its not your mainstream mario which is like expected on every nintendo console but its a start. Gradually, this will eventually expand and the vita will be high in sales. It just takes time. Think of it as a flower, you can wait for it to fully bloom and become something beautiful, or you can just cut it off before showing its true potential.

The vita is a great leap from the PSP, spec wise and aestheticness is remarkable in my opinion. Plus its second analog stick shows that the vita is capable of handling AAA games. On the contrary, many consumers believe the vita can handle games on an equal scale as the PS3/360. Its not exactly the same but is on par, remember it is a handheld and has limits. Like a bite sized version of AAA content is what it aims for and not to be EXACTLY like AAA games. I'm very satisfied with what they've done with the vita games so far and I hope to see them continue with these excellent games Smiley Happy

Message 98 of 128 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

May 28, 2013

Giving up on the Vita? That's the dumbest thing to do. 

You don't give up on your consumers' investments. And most importantly, the Vita is Sony's investment. They can't afford to give up on it.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 99 of 128 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

May 28, 2013

Zack2091, I agree with you that the 3DS has better games some of the time (Monster Hunter, Super Smash Bros. 4 hopefully) and I do think its stupid that the Vita doesn't have alot of the PSP games on the store, because some of the PSP games that I liked the most aren't on the store (MGS Portable Ops Plus, Gran Tourismo Etc.) But I was planning to get a 3DS, even before the price drop, I even almost bought one recently. When I started looking at the games I would most likely get are games that I could most likely get a better experiance on an alternative console just with 3D slapped on the packaging. I'm not saying that 3D isn't cool and stuff but alot of the games that I personally would get are just ports or something like that, I know that there are a lot of people that own 3DS' that are older than 9 but I haven't really seen any, nor have I seen people playing a Vita in public, what I'm trying to say is that everybody talks about how Nintendo is this huge Juggernaut in portable gaming when it seems alot like they have Mario, Monster Hunter, Link, and a bunch of ports with 3D added to them and thats pretty much it. I can't say I'm not tetering on buying a 3DS but I can honestly tell you that alot of the time it will be gathering dust most likely.

Message 100 of 128 (112 Views)
0 Likes