May 25 2013
By: KillaCam7I3 Splicer 47 posts

Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

127 replies 829 views Edited May 25, 2013

Let's face it, hardly anyone wants to buy a $250 system, with $80 32gb memory cards that has no games. I think it'd be better to focus on making the slow transition from ps3 to ps4, than to have the Vita serving as a distraction.

And, by 'slow transition,' I mean slowing down the PS3 releases. This year we have The Last of Us, Beyond, and GT6. They should support those games with DLC and patches (obviously), then call it a generation.

I really don't see the Vita taking off.

Message 1 of 128 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

I will get one eventually when the free PS+ games build up.

Message 2 of 128 (824 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

May 25, 2013

Yes can it, vita is a lost cause. All the phones, ipads, DS etc. have the mobile game market locked up. Focus on PS4.

Message 3 of 128 (823 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

May 25, 2013
I think that the Vita still has a small chance with this year's E3. It is going to be very hard with all the phones/tablets and the handheld king that is Nintendo, but if the PS4 can pull a miracle with the Vita interoperability there is a small chance that it might survive. It looks grim with all the competition, but maybe the PS4 will help it out.

I'm not a handheld gamer, but I would like to see the Vita be able to really stand against the DS. It just has over 2 decades of ground to make up, and is so far behind in terms of fanbase.

Nintendo has been building their handheld fanbase in the US since July of 1989. This makes it so that the Vita has to convince people that have been playing Nintendo handhelds for their entire lives that the Vita is a superior system. It is no easy feat by any means, but I give credit where credit is due, and Nintendo has done an amazing job in the handheld market.
My PSN
Message 4 of 128 (820 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

Let's face it, hardly anyone wants to buy a $250 system, with $80 32gb memory cards that has no games. I think it'd be better to focus on making the slow transition from ps3 to ps4, than to have the Vita serving as a distraction.

And, by 'slow transition,' I mean slowing down the PS3 releases. This year we have The Last of Us, Beyond, and GT6. They should support those games with DLC and patches (obviously), then call it a generation.

I really don't see the Vita taking off.

That's too bad. Lots of people HAVE bought a PS Vita and Sony has plans for making the PS Vita and the PS4 go very well together regardless of what you might want to see.

E3 is right around the corner and more of their plans will undoubtedly be revealed then. There are many factors that could shift the marketplace, even your own good opinion might change.

Message 5 of 128 (816 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

May 25, 2013
Considering I am one of the people who are a day 1 adopter, no I don't think the PSV has to be terminated. It just needs support. Nintendo isn't owning just because, it's ow ing because they have the games. The PSV, after a year and a half, has only a handful (not counting ports and indies)~.
Message 6 of 128 (814 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

May 25, 2013
I think I would wait a good 5-6 years before deciding. Consoles, unlike crappy smartphone and tablet games, focus on long term. But no one thinks long term anymore unfortunately.
Message 7 of 128 (805 Views)
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

May 25, 2013

Long term is me having to wait until E3 to see some new game trailers. Sheez thats like 10 days away, dang. 

Message 8 of 128 (801 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

May 25, 2013
no, my vita is awesome, and you dont NEED a 32gb memory card. you can buy physical games, and some digital games are small. Seriously, just because you don't have one, don't assume their **bleep** and should be discontinued. Vita's are amazing devices that a failing because of **bleep** like you who won't even give it a chance.
Message 9 of 128 (800 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

May 25, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Considering I am one of the people who are a day 1 adopter, no I don't think the PSV has to be terminated. It just needs support. Nintendo isn't owning just because, it's ow ing because they have the games. The PSV, after a year and a half, has only a handful (not counting ports and indies)~.

I'm an early adopter. 1st edition bundle. Sure there are many good games for the PS Vita. Most people will quibble over which games are good or bad, some say only a couple of good games, others say there are more.

There are more than a hanful of good games. Yes, games I don't even like, but you can't say someone doesn't, so they count as "PS Vita Good Games"

The backwards PS1 and PSP digital catalog is  a major plus for the PS Vita too. Plus PS+ being added to the PS Vita is beneficial, whether or not everyone is PS+. 

Indie games shouldn't not count either. Some are made just for the PS Vita, not AAA, but good solid fun games. There is a market for such games on the Vita, and it's just one of those benefical layers. Something for everyone, and more to come ... like true Remote Play from the PS4.

Message 10 of 128 (799 Views)