Uncharted Territory
1741 posts

Re: Do you think it's FAIR that you CAN'T RE-DOWNLOAD purchased movies ?

Jun 2, 2009

Spiky1228-TW wrote:

I brought like 10-15 movies. they were purchased and not rent. I just upgraded my hard drive to 500GB so I had to redownload. So I called Sony and they told me I can;t redownload it. I told them if there is a one time courtesy and they told me they don't have it anymore and hsow me a link of the terms.

I don't blame Sony since the term were there and I should have read it with a magnifying glass. However, I just lost all my movies that was purchased for $9.99-$14.99 and multiply that by 10-15. The repon the phoen spent like 10-20 mintues on how they were loosing money if they let me redownload since they get charged.

I think Sony needs to change the download thing and offer ATLEAST one time courtesy download.

Anyone think its fair that you can only download once...?

Why would anyone want to purchase movies from the PSN store anyways? The movies are unreasonibly priced considering you get no surround sound, no subtitles, no special features, no menus, and hardly any of them are HD. You're better off getting a retail DVD or Blu Ray on sale. Or Just go to TPB.org

celesterralockesabin
Message 11 of 24 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3919 posts

Jun 2, 2009

downPlayDemon wrote:
i dont see what stops you from gettin a PHYSICAL COPY from the store or amazon. You should have known something like this could happen

How about torrents?

sniper4ever76
Message 12 of 24 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Spiky1228-TW wrote:

I brought like 10-15 movies. they were purchased and not rent. I just upgraded my hard drive to 500GB so I had to redownload. So I called Sony and they told me I can;t redownload it. I told them if there is a one time courtesy and they told me they don't have it anymore and hsow me a link of the terms.

I don't blame Sony since the term were there and I should have read it with a magnifying glass. However, I just lost all my movies that was purchased for $9.99-$14.99 and multiply that by 10-15. The repon the phoen spent like 10-20 mintues on how they were loosing money if they let me redownload since they get charged.

I think Sony needs to change the download thing and offer ATLEAST one time courtesy download.

And stories like this are exactly why I will likely never purchase content from the PSN Video Store. That and the prices for purchases and rentals are too high.  
For my money I'd rather own a physical copy of a movie and use it on my terms, not Sony's or anyone elses.  

Message 13 of 24 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8233 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Dont like it? Dont use it, i think its awesome.

My first ps3 YLOD and i thought i was DONE. I puchased a new ps3 and all my movies were GONE. I called up sony with my reciept, faxed it over, they disabled my old ps3 and enabled my new ps3 in under 48 hours. Now im a happy camper.

Just backup your stuff and you will be fine.

And yes, i think its fair, if they didnt do this, everyone would be movie sharing just like they do now with games

To the guy above, if you story is true and all you did was replace the harddrive, then pop the old one back in, backup the movies, put your new harddrive in, and restore, the movies are linked to your name so you wont get an error!

I bought a high def movie for 12 bucks, at the store it costs, 24.99, i think the ps store is a deal, plus i could stay on my couch while doing it.
Message Edited by Recon-X on 06-02-2009 10:32 AM
Message 14 of 24 (17 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5988 posts

Jun 2, 2009
Main reason I will never buy (and have not) any movies through PSN. 
Games PS1 (100+), PS2 (140+), PS3 (100+), PSP (34+)
My PS3 Website - http://sites.google.com/site/etempestps3/
Message 15 of 24 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 2, 2009
Its too bad that you didnt know that you can backup your PSN purchased movies and restore them without ill effects.
Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 24 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4369 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Spiky1228-TW wrote:

I agree with you. unfortunately i didnt loss the amount of downloads that you did, i only lost two episodes of Southpark but still lost out none the less.

One thing i will do in the future is to transfer those purchases to an external drive for safe keeping. 

Photobucket
Message 17 of 24 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 16, 2010
I've had this happen to me on my PSP, but fortunately, they did restore them this time.  What I don't understand is why you can re-download games but not videos?  I won't be buying any more videos until their policy changes, because even though you can back them up, what happens if it messes up and you can't even do that...?
Message 18 of 24 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5069 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Thirif wrote:
I've had this happen to me on my PSP, but fortunately, they did restore them this time.  What I don't understand is why you can re-download games but not videos?  I won't be buying any more videos until their policy changes, because even though you can back them up, what happens if it messes up and you can't even do that...?

You can probably thank the MPAA for that.

Message Edited by DaletonaDave on 02-16-2010 06:14 PM
Message 19 of 24 (17 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40614 posts

Feb 17, 2010
It sucks, I'd be pissed too, I feel for ya, I really do, its a shame they don't have a separate place where 'special' circumstances can be looked at & the rules bent a little to assist those people who are genuinely in trouble.
CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 20 of 24 (17 Views)
0 Likes