Jun 02 2009
By: Spiky1228-TW Hekseville Citizen 334 posts

Do you think it's FAIR that you CAN'T RE-DOWNLOAD purchased movies ?

23 replies 119 views Edited Jun 2, 2009

I brought like 10-15 movies. they were purchased and not rent. I just upgraded my hard drive to 500GB so I had to redownload. So I called Sony and they told me I can;t redownload it. I told them if there is a one time courtesy and they told me they don't have it anymore and hsow me a link of the terms.

I don't blame Sony since the term were there and I should have read it with a magnifying glass. However, I just lost all my movies that was purchased for $9.99-$14.99 and multiply that by 10-15. The repon the phoen spent like 10-20 mintues on how they were loosing money if they let me redownload since they get charged.

I think Sony needs to change the download thing and offer ATLEAST one time courtesy download.

Anyone think its fair that you can only download once...?

Message 1 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Re: Do you think it's FAIR that you CAN'T RE-DOWNLOAD purchased movies ?

Jun 2, 2009

It's fair, but it's stupid... 

They have to do that because if not, people would be "re-downloading" to their friend's PS3... and their friend's PS3s and so on...

iTunes is the same way with music so if my computer crashes ALL the music I've downloaded and not backed up is gone...

It sucks, but it's the only way these companies can be sure people aren't getting all their content for free.. 

Message 2 of 24 (119 Views)
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Spiky1228-TW wrote:

I brought like 10-15 movies. they were purchased and not rent. I just upgraded my hard drive to 500GB so I had to redownload. So I called Sony and they told me I can;t redownload it. I told them if there is a one time courtesy and they told me they don't have it anymore and hsow me a link of the terms.

I don't blame Sony since the term were there and I should have read it with a magnifying glass. However, I just lost all my movies that was purchased for $9.99-$14.99 and multiply that by 10-15. The repon the phoen spent like 10-20 mintues on how they were loosing money if they let me redownload since they get charged.

I think Sony needs to change the download thing and offer ATLEAST one time courtesy download.

I believe they got rid of their "one time courtesy" download because we now have the option to backup the movies and restore them.  So, you should have had to back up and restore.

Do you still have your original HDD?  You should put that back in and backup your movies, and then restore them to the new HDD.

Message 3 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Jun 2, 2009

bucherman7 wrote:

It's fair, but it's stupid... 

They have to do that because if not, people would be "re-downloading" to their friend's PS3... and their friend's PS3s and so on...

iTunes is the same way with music so if my computer crashes ALL the music I've downloaded and not backed up is gone...

It sucks, but it's the only way these companies can be sure people aren't getting all their content for free.. 

I notice that you can;t access the movies if you do not have the PSN ID setup on your PS3. So I think just by check the PSN ID would eliminate the redownaloding issue since my PSN has all my info and I am the only one with access. Logically, you wouldn't trust your friend with your person and cc info if your PSN ID is attached to it. To purchase, you need CC info on your PSN account.

Anyways, it just suckedthat I lost all my movies. I thought the PSN Video store is awsome and the selection are good. Too bad.....

Message 4 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Solar_Difusion wrote:

Spiky1228-TW wrote:

I believe they got rid of their "one time courtesy" download because we now have the option to backup the movies and restore them.  So, you should have had to back up and restore.

Do you still have your original HDD?  You should put that back in and backup your movies, and then restore them to the new HDD.

No.... I format it since I sold the PS3 along with the hard drive. It was on my 40GB version upgraded to 320GB. Yes they change their policy in Februray 09. They sent me a link. I didn't think twice about backing it up since I had the previlege of redownloading it before so I thought they would do it this time.

Message 5 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Ahh, that sucks.  We've never had the priviledge of re-downloading movies, it was simply a courtesy that some reps would offer in case your HDD crashed or something.

And you said you redownloaded movies before?  Heheh, that kind of takes care of your one time courtesy.

Message 6 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Solar_Difusion wrote:

Ahh, that sucks.  We've never had the priviledge of re-downloading movies, it was simply a courtesy that some reps would offer in case your HDD crashed or something.

And you said you redownloaded movies before?  Heheh, that kind of takes care of your one time courtesy.

LOL not really, it was on my old PSN ID. I got a new PSN ID so i thought the one time thing shouldn't apply. I purchase it under my new PSN ID.

Message 7 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 2, 2009
Ahh, I see.  heheh, sucks though still.
Message 8 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Solar_Difusion wrote:
Ahh, I see.  heheh, sucks though still.

Yup, I can;t watch Matrix 2 and 3 before I go to sleep anymore.
Message 9 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4902 posts

Jun 2, 2009
i dont see what stops you from gettin a PHYSICAL COPY from the store or amazon. You should have known something like this could happen
Message 10 of 24 (119 Views)