Apr 08 2014
By: Proyecto_Tejon Hekseville Citizen 248 posts

Do you recommend playing Dead Space 1 and 2 after playing DS3?

[ Edited ]
6 replies 621 views Edited Apr 8, 2014

I just ended dead space 3 and i like it, do you recommed playing the past games after i beat the thirt one? or will it feel like a downgrade on gameplay, mechanics and enjoyment over all?... From what i have read, the previous DS are way better.. but.. 

I would like to know your opinion

Mod Edit: Fixed grammar in title, removed Games and Platforms label and added Ask the Community and Debate and Opinion. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TheTwistedCanuck

Message 1 of 7 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Re: Do you recommend playing Dead Space 1 and 2 after playing DS3?

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

Dead Space 1 and 2 feel noticeably different from 3. There are a lot of supplies and weapons in 3...... but these are very limited in 1 and 2. This is so that the suspension can keep flowing in and to give it a "survival" aspect to it. I didn't really like Dead Space 3's snowy environments. The first 2 had a lot of terrifying moments and a LOT of extremely dark moments. In 3, although it was somewhat scary, it completely lacks the amount of horror impacts that the first two had.

So the bottom-line- If you enjoyed Dead Space 3 because of some of the horror aspects, then you'll absolutely have a blast with the first 2. However, if you liked 3 because of the amount of action...... then the first 2 might not be for you.

Me personally, I was very disappointed with 3 but I loved the first 2. Besides, they are really cheap to buy...... so I'd say go ahead and give it a go  

young beard signature
Message 2 of 7 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6455 posts

Apr 8, 2014

I haven't played Dead Space 3 yet. I have however played Dead Space 1 and 2 and loved them!!! Such an awesome story and gameplay is great! Sound design is awesome too if you have surround sound, it really immerses you into the game. I'd definitely recommend playing Dead Space 1 and 2 if you get the chance.

Google+Google+Google+Google+Google+
Message 3 of 7 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Thanks... I really enjoy the horror side of the game.. so i guess i will be playing the first and second one... i only hope that knowing the end of the thirt game doesnt ruin the experience of the other two

Message 4 of 7 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 8, 2014

I'd say absolutely, the only good things of the third installment of the series are simply: the customizable weapons, the co-op and the amount of suits to wear that is all, open spaces don't really fit with this trilogy. The previous games are far better and with an intense claustrophobic atmosphere, do it without regrets.

Message 5 of 7 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Proyecto_Tejon wrote:

I just ended dead space 3 and i like it, do you recommed playing the past games after i beat the thirt one? or will it feel like a downgrade on gameplay, mechanics and enjoyment over all?... From what i have read, the previous DS are way better.. but.. 

I would like to know your opinion

Mod Edit: Fixed grammar in title, removed Games and Platforms label and added Ask the Community and Debate and Opinion. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TheTwistedCanuck

Buy the both. They are great and awesome. I had a great time with them one summer.  The best one of all Dead Space is Dead Space 2.  That game was the best for me and the HardCore playt is awesome. It makes you feel so human because you can die very quickly but is so so SO great and satisfying when you beat it. Pretty much like playing Dark Souls. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 6 of 7 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7120 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Agreed buy both. I found that DS3 was the low point for the series, so if you enjoyed it you should love the first two.

Message 7 of 7 (536 Views)
0 Likes