Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Re: Do you have to have a parent with you when you buy an M rated game or just an adult?

Nov 13, 2012
Please keep your thoughts to yourself. Just cause some one buys an M rated game doesn't make them a serial killer. I'm 15 and my friends are 15. We're mature enough not to take real guns and shoot the house up.
Message 11 of 14 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Re: Do you have to have a parent with you when you buy an M rated game or just an adult?

Nov 13, 2012
Bronxsushi, have you been in the same scenario that I have been in?
Message 12 of 14 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4413 posts

Nov 13, 2012

CovertClay wrote:
Please keep your thoughts to yourself. Just cause some one buys an M rated game doesn't make them a serial killer. I'm 15 and my friends are 15. We're mature enough not to take real guns and shoot the house up.

My thoughts are my own, and by that they are merely my opinions.  You missed my point, however.  I am sure you are all well adjusted young people, I did not question that.

My beef is with parents, who buy games for their children, and quickly blame the game when their children act out. My parents would have bought the game for me as well, without hesitation.  They were cool like that, although there were no ratings when I was that young.  

For that matter, the games were not that violent either, unless you consider Bad Dues, or Contra to be overtly violent.  My thoughts were not a judgment of; you, your friends or your parents.  

I only point to the responsibilities applied to store clerks, and the perceived adherence to regulations.  It is on them, to decide whether the parents of a young person whose actual parent or guardian is not present, will approve or disapprove.

I have been in a store when a parent is blasting a clerk for allowing their child to buy a game they did not approve of.  It wasn't pretty.

Just some thoughts laddy.

Moble 

Message 13 of 14 (45 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Nov 13, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

CovertClay wrote:

My thoughts are my own, and by that they are merely my opinions.  You missed my point, however.  I am sure you are all well adjusted young people, I did not question that.

My beef is with parents, who buy games for their children, and quickly blame the game when their children act out. My parents would have bought the game for me as well, without hesitation.  They were cool like that, although there were no ratings when I was that young.  

For that matter, the games were not that violent either, unless you consider Bad Dues, or Contra to be overtly violent.  My thoughts were not a judgment of; you, your friends or your parents.  

I only point to the responsibilities applied to store clerks, and the perceived adherence to regulations.  It is on them, to decide whether the parents of a young person whose actual parent or guardian is not present, will approve or disapprove.

I have been in a store when a parent is blasting a clerk for allowing their child to buy a game they did not approve of.  It wasn't pretty.

Just some thoughts laddy.

Moble 

I'm with you in that one, is like buying a beer, if you are underage, get an adult to buy it for you (joking). But the idea is the same, you shouldn't sell M-rated videogames to kids, that way if the kid does turn into a serial killer, the parents are to blame.

I do consider some parents take it to the xtreme, some kids are more mature than others and maybe they should be allowed some degree of violence, they are going to face it sooner or later.

Message 14 of 14 (32 Views)