Highlighted
Jun 07 2011
By: kelson11 Sackboy 612 posts

Do you have to add funds to make a purchase?

3 replies 2030 views Edited Jun 7, 2011

I have $0.15 on my account and I want to buy an avatar, but in order for me to buy it, it says i have to add funds to my account, the lowest is $5, which I don't want to do. Is there anyway I can just buy the avatar w/o adding funds?? So the difference just comes right out of my card??

Message 1 of 4 (2,030 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Re: Do you have to add funds to make a purchase?

Jun 7, 2011

You can only add funds in amounts of $5 ($5, $10, $15, $20, so forth). So, in order to buy something that cost more than you have in your wallet, you need to add at least $5, yes.

It sucks, I know, but that's the way Sony runs the wallet stuff. I recomend just going out and buying a #10 PSN card personaly.

Hope that helps you out

"Sometimes to understand your present, you have to go back to your past.
And this time, things will be different."~ Lara Croft

Message 2 of 4 (2,030 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 7, 2011

yes u can . only if u got a credit/debit card . dont go to the "add fund" option , pick what ever you want from the playstation store click and buy it .

ThE ArT 0f FigHtiNg WiTh0ut FigHtiNg
Message 3 of 4 (2,030 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jun 8, 2011

SMM0KKEY wrote:

yes u can . only if u got a credit/debit card . dont go to the "add fund" option , pick what ever you want from the playstation store click and buy it .

Correct, up to a point.  In order to use a credit or debit card the transaction must be at least $5. In the OP's case, his card will be charged $5, that money will be added to his wallet, then the $.49 for the avatar will be debited.

If you are charging your card for more than $5 then your card will be charged for the total price of the purchase, minus any credit left in your account, leaving $0 in your wallet after the transaction is complete.

Message 4 of 4 (2,030 Views)
0 Likes