Sep 29 2013
By: tross88 Fender Bender 3979 posts

Do you ever wonder what's next?

5 replies 187 views Edited Sep 29, 2013
I finished Mass Effect 3 today. I'm kind of late to the ME party, since I only checked out the series a couple months ago when I decided to check out the collection on a whim. I'm glad I did, because I couldn't put it down until I finished it. After over 140 hours, I finally did it. However, I'm not sure how I feel about that. Usually, after playing a long game, I'm ready to set out on a long adventure, but I'm not so sure I am this time. Sure, it is my charge as a gamer to set out on adventure after adventure, and save countless towns, worlds or universes in need, and I accepted it a long time ago, but I should choose my battles when the time is right, and right now, I'm unsure where I should go next. I suppose a commander deserves some shore leave every once in a while, but as a gamer, I don't think I could opt to just take a break from games. I'm sure my backlog has just the game I'm looking for to continue my crusade in style, but only I can decide whether I should jump into another game that requires many hours of dedication, or opt for something more simple. In the meantime, I think it's a good topic of discussion, which I will now turn over to you. Do you ever get to the end of a long game and wonder what's next for you?
Message 1 of 6 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Re: Do you ever wonder what's next?

Sep 29, 2013
Really depends.
Most of the games that I play for a long time are games that don't necessarily have an end, and by the time that I am all done with it I'm simply ready to move on to the next big adventure.
As for games that I finish that have a clear cut end, I tend to either move towards that backlog of games I've intended to play but didn't or simply get an indie that looks interesting or go for something I wouldn't normally pick up.
Can't believe how much fun Rayman Origins was after Gravity Rush.
Message 2 of 6 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Yup. 100%ed Assassin's Creed 3 and the King Washington DLC last month, and now I feel empty and somewhat lost. I've moved onto Heavy Rain, but as good as it is, I'm looking more forward to my next open-world game (Prototype 2) or AC4 more than anything else.

Message 3 of 6 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Here's my current order of gameplay: Zombie game, Space Sci-fi game and then Adventure game. I don't play online (have not since Feb 2011 but may in the future).

This is like Resident Evil/Walking Dead then Dead Space/Bioshock then Uncharted/Tomb Raider. Currently stuck on RE5 (just can't seem to play it). This keeps things pretty fresh for me. Maybe a good tower defense game or something different in there once in a while.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Message 4 of 6 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Sep 29, 2013
If I play a really good long involving game it is sometimes hard to start up a new game but usually after I get a bit into my next game I'm fine and able to put the previous game in the back of my mind
Message 5 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Sep 29, 2013
When playing a huge open world game like skyrim and fallout, after I beat them, I know there is lots more stuff to do. But, I feel like I waist my whole day and am missing out on other games I still have to play when I walk around ipthe huge world. The bigger the game the less I play. I love playing a straight up story like the last of us, then put it down and move to the next game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 6 (115 Views)
0 Likes