Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: Do we have to update the vita?

Jan 20, 2012

Why would anyone pay for 3G when you can just tether it to you're jailbroken/hacked phone??  I assume most of us on here being the techie's we are, pretty much know/have the ability to do so without paying the monthly fee.  I for one would not pay for 3G primarily because I don't game on my PSP more than a few hours a month anyway....some of you probably take the Tube/train everyday, then I could see the need for 3G.  But again, why pay??

Message 11 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jan 20, 2012

I believe when will need to install an update when you power on the Vita for the first time. You had to download it for the 3DS even.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 12 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8196 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Eventually, you'll need to update the firmware, so the answer to your question is Yes.

Message 13 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jan 25, 2012

No.  you don't need to update, but if you use any PSN features, it will force you to update or you can't get into PSN messenging, PSN Store, and other PSN stuff.  You can still play PSVita games if you don't update.  If they check the internet (you have it on) before playing, they may tell you to upgrade, but you can't always turn off the networking features to bypass the check.

Message 14 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes