Survivor
2547 posts

Re: Do trophies create Elitism?

Aug 7, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Yes. I only talk to people who have Ultra Rare Platinum's. Not like ones among Toy Story and etc'.

You have the Spare Parts plat though. .Smiley Wink

I know I know I don't even have it.

@OP

While it's not at that point yet, I think it's getting there

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 11 of 39 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Artfuldead wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:
I believe the gaming population that doesn't care for trophies is bigger than trophy hunters. And even inside the trophy hunter comunity (I count myself as one) whe don't care too much if you don't have that many, as long as I have a number I'm confortable with, I don't care what others have.

But do you feel like a better gamer because you are a trophy hunter?

Not at all, I have always being a completionist when gaming, tropphy lists are just a checklist that the developers made for me to complete, so I don't have to do one anymore. For me it's not about being better thant others, thats what multiplayer is for lol; it's about enjoying everything the game has to offer.

Message 12 of 39 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Aug 7, 2013

You know what the trophies do for me is give me a reason to continue playing some games until I have 100% the game trophy completion...unless the game has zero replay value(RE6[sorry]), but i have heard people argue, on call of duty  no less about trophy progression and bein a weenah about it. For some it allows us to comee back to a game we once loved and thought was awesome, and for others it allows a way to show that their time playing was worth at least something especially with the trophy promo Playstation's running. It turns very few into braggarts and even less into elitists'.  So for the the most part its just a way to feel accomplished by addind a perverbial replay value.

I would love to work for any gaming company but I believe that I lack the necessary requirements for hire. Well **** that im gonna buy everything I need to make a videogame myself. It may take me years but I will become a top industry game dev.
Message 13 of 39 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I am a huge trophy and achievement hunter.I am already a level 10 and only have had my ps3 since xmas 2012. But im far from and elitist. I never look down upon someone becuase they have a lower rank or less trophies than me. and I dont even brag about them. 

trophies and achievements for me are just somethign else to gte in the game, they have become a reason to deviate from the main story. I wouldnt say it has made me a better gamer but it defianently has gotten me to do more with a game. prior to trophies I never would have gone out of my way to do collections, or try to get a certain area or side mission completed. 

Message 14 of 39 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Not really. Most trophy hunters try to get trophies from every single game out there and you can't be
"Elite" if you obtained trophies from easy games.

Plus it never really sticks cause after you gain a certain amount of trophies peoples thoughts of you change.

When I had like around 4000-5000 trophies My friends list at the time was like oh wow cool! you got so many!

Yet it seems the more I get the less it seems to be cool and how people just think you cheat cause you have a high count.

:/ first day I hit 10k and I was happy only to be crushed by someone pointing and saying things about ya..

Bleh.. So it doesn't create Elitism to me. Just shows me how much I like to game.

Message 15 of 39 (148 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Aug 7, 2013

i have zero plats lol

KZMProductionsGT
Message 16 of 39 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I'm thinking the "Bid for Greatness" auction is maybe a one-time event, or one that we won't see too frequently along the way. Sony really needs to fix it though so more people can become eligible for the bidding wars. The majority of PlayStation customers I see have maybe somewhere between 20 or 50 or maybe even a couple hundred gold trophies (depending on how long and how many games you've been playing for the past five years).

Does it matter how many trophies someone has in general though? No, it doesn't. Trophy hunting should just be something you do for yourself. It can be fun at times unlocking every trophy in a game, but it can also be very tough or very irritating if the game in question isn't all that enjoyable to start with. There's loads of games I've gotten my fair share of trophies from but never bothered with the Platinum. You shouldn't need to elevate yourself to someone else's standards just to be able to have a civil discussion with them. As long as you're a gamer, I'm sure most gamers would understand that like them you enjoy positioning yourself behind the controller.

Message 17 of 39 (137 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 7, 2013

If i format my ps3 and delete all the info off my system do I lose trophies with loss of the game information?

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 18 of 39 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Aug 7, 2013

@peckdogg68

No you dont lose it if you sync'd your trophy info with the servers.

Message 19 of 39 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Aug 7, 2013
I never look down on players with a low trophy level. trophies to me and to every gamer out there it just proves your point that you did complete that challenge requirement for the specific trophy. trophies also makes players play that specific new game mode that those gamers don't wanna play. I love gaming and im a die hard loyal sony player. this word of elitism... is total nonsense. I don't see trophies going anywhere.

† Stand Up And Be Counted †
Message 20 of 39 (137 Views)
0 Likes