Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 07 2013
By: Artfuldead Uncharted Territory 1396 posts

Do trophies create Elitism?

38 replies 308 views Edited Aug 7, 2013

Was just thinking this while reading some post. Has trophy hunting become so imperative to modern day gaming because you want to enhance your experience in the game? Or is there a socialite standing in having more of this one thing? I've never really noticed trophies and have never plat anything and it's never even crossed my mind while playing. But w/ the bid for greatness and ppl starting to get rewards for their hard work, is this going to affect us?

Should have gone with the Wii U
Message 1 of 39 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10088 posts

Re: Do trophies create Elitism?

Aug 7, 2013

Artfuldead wrote:

Has trophy hunting become so imperative to modern day gaming because you want to enhance your experience in the game? 

this isnt new. there were many that played Mario 64 to collect all the 120 or so stars in the game.

The only difference now is you would get a badge

Message 2 of 39 (305 Views)
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Artfuldead wrote:

Was just thinking this while reading some post. Has trophy hunting become so imperative to modern day gaming because you want to enhance your experience in the game? Or is there a socialite standing in having more of this one thing? I've never really noticed trophies and have never plat anything and it's never even crossed my mind while playing. But w/ the bid for greatness and ppl starting to get rewards for their hard work, is this going to affect us?

im sorry i can not talk to you, you have far to little trophies... :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 39 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Aug 7, 2013

jon1234 wrote:

Artfuldead wrote:

im sorry i can not talk to you, you have far to little trophies... :smileyhappy:

Lol I'm almost positive no one in this forum is going to be an elitist XD, I was just saying in a kind of general way. Take the prestige thing in CoD (and I apologize if I get this wrong for I have never played Cod) it makes (from what I hear) ppl jerks XD

Message 4 of 39 (288 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8546 posts

Aug 7, 2013

jon1234 wrote:

I can't talk to you...  you have too few Platinums...  :smileytongue:

Message 5 of 39 (285 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Aug 7, 2013
I believe the gaming population that doesn't care for trophies is bigger than trophy hunters. And even inside the trophy hunter comunity (I count myself as one) whe don't care too much if you don't have that many, as long as I have a number I'm confortable with, I don't care what others have.
Message 6 of 39 (281 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:
I believe the gaming population that doesn't care for trophies is bigger than trophy hunters. And even inside the trophy hunter comunity (I count myself as one) whe don't care too much if you don't have that many, as long as I have a number I'm confortable with, I don't care what others have.

But do you feel like a better gamer because you are a trophy hunter?

Message 7 of 39 (278 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
923 posts

Aug 7, 2013
I never realy thought abt trophies,i do look through mine from timetotime but realy to me they arent that signifigant.
.................!!!
Message 8 of 39 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4468 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Yes. I only talk to people who have Ultra Rare Platinum's. Not like ones among Toy Story and etc'.

YB

Message 9 of 39 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6376 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Pfft. I can't talk to any of you. -scoff-

I honestly haven't seen too much elitism when it comes to trophies. It's hard to get all high and mighty over something that has no real value.
Message 10 of 39 (180 Views)
0 Likes