Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Re: Do the Crash Bandicoot games work in the U.S.?

Sep 22, 2012
I bought crash bandicoot 1 and 3 along time ago im just waiting to be able to download them on my psvita and when that happens i might get the second one too.!!!! Recently theyve been bringing back all the old games and remaking them to be better it would be cool to see an all new crash bandicoot story on the psvita
Message 11 of 19 (1,486 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
571 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Crash Bandicoot Vita! I would buy the buhgeezes outta that!

But Sony doesn't own Crash Bandicoot or Spyro anymore, so it would be up to Activision to make that happen.
Message 12 of 19 (1,481 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4329 posts

Sep 23, 2012

all PS1 classics work on the Vita thru Remote Play I believe but its just better to have the games on the Vita itself

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 13 of 19 (1,471 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
571 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

Yeah, they are. But that doesn't help me when my brother is on my ps3 alllll the **bleep** time.

I want Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3 reaaallly bad but I won'tt buy them until i can have them on my VIta.

Message 14 of 19 (1,453 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Come on Sony USA, hurry up and get Crash working for your loyal Vita owners!  Like everybody else, I purchased the original recently, only to find all the Youtube vids to be wrong.  This marks at least the THIRD time I've officially purchased this title.  Other countries can play it on their portable, why can't we??  Also Activision.. make us a fresh game using all the Vita's cool features, you know you'd make a bajillion doll hairs off it, so long as ya put a little effort into it!!!  I really have no clue why Sony didn't snap him up as a mascott back in the day?!  Even as a little kid, I remember being sad that they didn't!

EDIT - I love Crash soo much, I think I might make my own fatty, case skin of sorts! Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 19 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5412 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

I cry about this series not buyable or playable on the Vita for the US (Spyro too) but Europe has them for some odd reason (my guessing is that Europe gets the shaft on many things and Sony Europe decided to just give the Crash series to make due?) 

The only reason i can think why the Crash Bandicoot series is what it is right now is that Activision (who own Spyro and Crash, something I'm sure Sony wishes they didn't sell off to) signed a deal with Sony that only four types of devices were allowed to get the Crash Bandicoot (and spyro) series. The Playstation 3, the PSP, Sony Paystation Certified Tablets, and Sony Playstation certified phones - the Vita was not part of the deal. So with Europe releasing the Crash Series on Vita without a new contract, Activision probably is upset over not having a new contract written up to add the Vita to the original contract and are currently losing a fee with every bought Crash Bandicoot game on the Vita in Europe currently. So with Sony approaching Activision over the Crash Bandicoot game, Activision is now not only asking for a new contract to allow the Vita for download and purchases but are also asking for a hefty sum/fee for the loss of sales due to the Europe release of the games (aka Activision is getting greedy again and are now playing hardball with Sony over a forsight).

This is of course speculation but I wouldn't be surprised this is what is happening right now and Sony and Activision are fighting over what I talked about above...

Message 16 of 19 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Nov 11, 2012

I still they're saving them for a slow week on the Vita's store. Last three weeks have been a bit busy for vita (well, maye not last week), and next week we're getting BLOPS, and after that, P4G and PSASBR. After that there's nothing, which could be a good week to have another "big PSOne Classics update" with 35 games or so. I mean, why would they still leave games that are working perfectly like the Konami games, some sony games (Um Jammer Lammy, Legend of Dragoon etc.) and others out of the store? I think they're planning another big update. 

Message 17 of 19 (1,342 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Both very plausible.. all's I know is I WANT SOME OLED CRATE SMASHING TOM-FOOLERY GOING ON @ MY FINGERTIPS AND PRONTO!!!!  For one reason or another, Crash was always a title I played lots of during Christmas vacations back in the day, so I'm really crossing my fingers they get their acts together by the time I take my Vita on her maiden airport voyage! 

My apologies for going off-topic, but I also wanna see the original, (read: BESTEST ever), Need For Speed on my Vita ASAP as well..  The first time I saw or played it was on its mother system, the 3DO, and again.. on a Christmas break while visiting the same family I will be soon. (my coolio uncle had snagged one of the original systems/pre-PC or Sony ports & I've been praying for a truly worthy sequel ever since!) 

Ook, my deep nostalgia moment's passed, for now - HURRY UP SCEA/Activision!!!! (and anybody else holding up the classics we all love & cherrish soo much!!)  As previously noted, I don't really even mind re-purchasing games I've got box-copies of hanging on my wall, so long as they can be played where & when I want to!

Message 18 of 19 (1,337 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Nov 11, 2012

they are just waiting to use it as a filler for those who want them. there is no other reason for them no to release them.

pretty crappy tactic if you ask me, but thats how they want to work it

Message 19 of 19 (1,322 Views)
0 Likes