Dec 01 2012
By: abusaqr2009 First Son 9 posts

Do UK PS3 games work on a USA ps3 Super Slim?

7 replies 426 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

I'm thinking that will by great if I travel to USA in the holyday, And I'll buy some gifts to my friends, Some of it w'll be video games as assassin's creed3 & F1 2013 etc, so Do Uk PS3 games work on a USA ps3 Super Slim? 

Message 1 of 8 (426 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29426 posts

Re: Do UK PS3 games work on a USA ps3 Super Slim?

Dec 1, 2012

abusaqr2009 wrote:

I'm thinking that will by great if I travel to USA in the holyday, And I'll buy some gifts to my friends, Some of it w'll be video games as assassin's creed3 & F1 2013 etc, so Do Uk PS3 games work on a USA ps3 Super Slim? 

They will work, however there's something you should be aware of first; Downloadables from the US store will not work on UK games. UK is Region 2, and the US is Region 1. You would have to create a Region 2 account and then access the UK PSN Store. 

With that there's another problem; downloads are paid for in "local" funds. The UK purchases would be in GBP obviously, EU games would be in Euros, and US games are in US dollars. Banks will charge a 2-3% conversion fee, and you would have to make up for the exchange rates not being even. As of today the exchange rate stands like this;

£1 = $1.60 US. 

Meaning a £10 download is going to cost approxmately $16 US dollars. And that's only today, the rate could very well go up or down. Add in the coversion, and it starts to get expensive. 

Both Assassin's Creed 3 and F1 2013 are available in the US, so you might want to reconsider those as purchases for convenience sake. Anyway, enjoy your holiday. 

Message 2 of 8 (419 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Dec 1, 2012
CaptainAlbator Thanks a lot bro for the advice, but to make it clear that I'm thinking to get the games from AMAZON UK not to download it from Ps Network. As example the F1 will cost me 39$ but in USA I'll pay 59$.
what do u think about that
Message 3 of 8 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

abusaqr2009 wrote:
CaptainAlbator Thanks a lot bro for the advice, but to make it clear that I'm thinking to get the games from AMAZON UK not to download it from Ps Network. As example the F1 will cost me 39$ but in USA I'll pay 59$.
what do u think about that

Due to the exchange rate, you're going to pay more either way. When you make a purchase on import games, the currency exchange comes in effect. Most of that money goes to the company selling the game.
You'll also pay a large amount for shipping

The EU currency exchange favors the US Dollar, even when the US has sluggish economy.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 8 (412 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29426 posts

Dec 2, 2012

The downloads I was referring to was the downloadable content "add-ons" from the PSN Store, not the games themselves. Again, the games may be cheaper, but you'll still have to take into account that these are not indiginous to the U.S., and if you're giving these to your mates in the US, then any purchases as far as add-ons for these games will have to be made from a Region 2 UK account, and will have to be made in GBP, along with any conversion fees, which will surely be more expensive. 

Message 5 of 8 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Treasure Hunter: How? can u explain it form my mind which is not Parachute.
It's not economic since it's math. when u pay less you get more. I'm in UK so I'll pay £23=$37.
Message 6 of 8 (408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 2, 2012
CaptainAlbator: That's right, u make the other side for this very clear > thank u again
Message 7 of 8 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 2, 2012

abusaqr2009 wrote:
Treasure Hunter: How? can u explain it form my mind which is not Parachute.
It's not economic since it's math. when u pay less you get more. I'm in UK so I'll pay £23=$37.

My mistake.... I was thinking the exact opposite...

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 8 (398 Views)
0 Likes