Mar 17 2012
By: ItaliaPrincessLC First Son 1 posts

Do PS + Games Expire After Becoming a Member?

3 replies 77 views Edited Mar 17, 2012

I just purchased a full year ps+ membership like a month ago, and I downloaded final fantasy V for free. And today I was playing and left the game on because I wasn't near a save point. I'm about 30 hours into it, and when I came home and continued playing a little box popped up saying my content was to expire in 15 minutes... than 5 minutes... and then the game completely shut down... When I reloaded it from where I saved (which thankfully wasn't very far), It still shut the game down 5 minutes after loading it. Do the free games have like a trial, or what? I'm really confused and now I can't finish the game I thought was for free...

Anyone else run into this problem?

thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39410 posts

Re: Do PS + Games Expire After Becoming a Member?

Mar 17, 2012

Welcome to the Playstation Community.

No, "free" PS Plus games remain available for you to play so long as you remain a subscriber, anything you paid for is yours to play forever.

Assuming one is available, I'm going to assume you downloaded a trial of the game & not the full version, hence no-longer being able to play.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Mar 17, 2012

For whatever reason, there are strange events with PS+ expiration dates.  While you should not have to do this, you may want to log into the store, and re-download the game.  Hopefully it shows with a shopping cart indicating that you have previously "purchased" this PSOne Classic for "free."

Not to contradict my friend Brit, but PSOne Classics do not have trials, so if you really did download this one as part of your PS+ subscription, and it is now showing as expired or not available to download for free, you need to call Sony customer service.

PS - Welcome to the PS Community! 

Message 3 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
39410 posts

Mar 18, 2012

jcalvert wrote:

For whatever reason, there are strange events with PS+ expiration dates.  While you should not have to do this, you may want to log into the store, and re-download the game.  Hopefully it shows with a shopping cart indicating that you have previously "purchased" this PSOne Classic for "free."

Not to contradict my friend Brit, but PSOne Classics do not have trials, so if you really did download this one as part of your PS+ subscription, and it is now showing as expired or not available to download for free, you need to call Sony customer service.

PS - Welcome to the PS Community! 

My bad .

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes