Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
6 posts

Re: PS3/PSN Games with Custom Soundtracks

Jan 6, 2013

I Purchased 10 Movies in the month of december. These are movies to own from the ps3 store. Digital copies. In the game area if you download a game you can redownload it at a later time. However after having a technical issue following my downloads I restored the ps3 system but it wiped out the harddrive. I was able to get my games back however the movies lost. When I contacted sony In november they told me they put a claim in and I would be notified within 7-10 days. I called today January the 5th and the rep told me sony denied my claim. This is pretty fraudelent since #1 I paid for something I dont own, cant copy nor watched. And if there was an ability to copy the movie then what would be the big deal to redownload it. I spent 200 on a system I give plenty of money too to be treated this way. I have purchased 3 ps3 already and ps2 and ps1 in the past. I have given them years of subscription money for ffx1, dc universe, playstation plus and music unlimited. I have purchased over 50 games from the ps3 store. I guess they take what they want and dont care about thier consumers. Well all bets are off and I will make sure I enlighten all the people on sony forums and ps3 freinds that they should really own a hard copy because they work too hard for their money. And the perk is you dont have to download it. I will also enlighten them on fees they shouldnt be paying per month. I was loyal customer but that is now over They should be indicted for stealing.

Message 22 of 25 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

MY MOVIES ARE GONE!!

Nov 27, 2012

A few weeks ago I reformatted my PS3 and when I went to PSN none of my movies where there just the add-ons. What do I do?? 

Please help.

Message 11 of 25 (302 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17773 posts

Re: MY MOVIES ARE GONE!!

Nov 27, 2012

Movies are a one time download. You can contact customer service and plead your case. I've heard rumor of them being merciful but it's unlikely. 1-800-345-7669

Message 12 of 25 (298 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11177 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Movies downloaded off the PlayStation Store will no longer appear on your PlayStation 3 harddrive after the system has been reformatted. There's a note prior to the reformatting I believe that says something to the extent that all items on your harddrive will be removed. Since movies or TV shows are not attached to your account in the store, the unfortunate fact is they get lost. The only thing you can do (aside from buying the movies again) is contact Sony's customer support about this and see if they can help you retrieve your paid items.

Message 13 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Highly doubt you'd get them back. Downloads, redeemables are gone once you reformat/change PSN acct. And with redeemables, you can never get those back. Customer Support told me that themselves. With downloads? I don't know, maybe you can get extremely lucky and get 'em back.
Message 14 of 25 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6101 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

Movies are a one time download. You can contact customer service and plead your case. I've heard rumor of them being merciful but it's unlikely. 1-800-345-7669

And that is just one of the reasons why I would never "Buy" a movie from the Playstation Store. If your PS3 dies, all your Playstation Store movies die with it. I only buy movies on DVD or wait for the movies to come on cable TV.

money-money-money.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 15 of 25 (279 Views)
MVP Support
17773 posts

Nov 27, 2012

jamesdiaz313 wrote:
Highly doubt you'd get them back. Downloads, redeemables are gone once you reformat/change PSN acct. And with redeemables, you can never get those back. Customer Support told me that themselves. With downloads? I don't know, maybe you can get extremely lucky and get 'em back.

You can get any download you paid for except movies back by simply redownloading them. Of course you need to be signed in to the same account that originally downloaded them.

Message 16 of 25 (278 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17773 posts

Nov 27, 2012

bronxsushi wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

And that is just one of the reasons why I would never "Buy" a movie from the Playstation Store. If your PS3 dies, all your Playstation Store movies die with it. I only buy movies on DVD or wait for the movies to come on cable TV.money-money-money.gif

Couldn't agree more.

Message 17 of 25 (276 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4692 posts

Nov 29, 2012

bronxsushi wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

And that is just one of the reasons why I would never "Buy" a movie from the Playstation Store. If your PS3 dies, all your Playstation Store movies die with it. I only buy movies on DVD or wait for the movies to come on cable TV.

I mostly agree, but I have seen some good deals.  The only things I've purchased are Star Wars and DC Robot Chicken episodes.  The Star Wars ones were $2 but in stores on DVD they were going for $10-15.  If you have a PSP or Vita, you can use those to copy movies to, SD ones anyway.  The latest Vita firmware is supposed to support HD videos also.  Not very convenient if your PS3 dies on you of course, but I replaced my PS3 and was able to save all my SD videos this way.  I had to give up Batman: Year One which I got  from Arkham City GOTY in HD, so I couldn't back it up.  Generally speaking though, I agree it's not a good idea to purchase videos from the PS store.

Message 18 of 25 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Wait, what's this talk about DVD's on a Blu Ray playing PS3.
Message 19 of 25 (246 Views)
0 Likes