Feb 26 2013
By: crispybaconslice First Son 1 posts

Dislikes in the manufacturing of playstation vita and limited software support.

4 replies 196 views Edited Feb 26, 2013

I have been a loyal Sony playstation customer for quite some time now and I have never had any dislikes with your products till now. My system has been refusing to start in standby mode and been increasingly glitchy. I have never felt the need to voice my concerns or even post to the playstation blog until today when my service request to fix my PSVita was denied because I had lost some of the serial number sticker that is on the underside of all systems, however the magnetic layer of the sticker was still there that contains the information. I preordered the system from my local gamestop and received it the day it came out. I have traveled over 10,000 miles with the system either in my pocket or in a cradle in my car and somewhere in between the sticker had come off. I still have all my receipt, box, and every email that Playstation has sent me, I registered the system the day I got it and kept everything up to date. I've reset, restored, and backed up the system to no effect. What bothers me is that sony has made a portable device that has no other means of identification other than a sticker on the system. Do they really expect a sticker to stand up to the punishment that a portable device takes on a daily basis for years till it inevitably breaks. Apples Iphone has multiple serial numbers on and embedded into it. Its not just the stickers that bothers me, its the extrusion of the trigger guards is too much and the triggers themselves are too fragile. The silver plastic lining around the corner of the system is not durable enough and needs to be aluminum. The touchpad grips on the back are too small, need to be half an inch bigger and the battery life stinks, no thought to the power hungry processors the Vita contains. Hardware is only limited by software, and vice-vera. The lack of support that Sony Playstation has for the vita is ridiculous. Only a month ago could I finally use this device to wake me up in the morning, only if the battery didn't die first, with Wakeup Call. The fact that you can't play online using 3G is stupid, Nat type 2, and integration with the PS3 is pitiful at best. To sum it up ive had the PSVita for over a year and im still happy with it, even with it being broken somewhat, but it really shows a couple things about what Playstation was/is thinking/doing. One is that they are too focused on being creative and they arnt really getting at what gamers and everyone really wants, witch is seamless integration, durable portability, and great games to play on it. There's really not much of any of those in this system. I hope the developers at Playstation are going to read this and hear my concern about this device. Please get rid of the stickers and physically imprint the bar code and serial number into your products.

Message 1 of 5 (196 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Re: Dislikes in the manufacturing of playstation vita and limited software support.

Feb 26, 2013

Well maybe if you just took better care of your system, you wouldn't have to worry about all that now would you?

My Vita, besides the fingerprint smudges, looks exactly like it did when I first opened the system.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (175 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Re: Dislikes in the manufacturing of playstation vita and limited software support.

Feb 26, 2013

i would of done the same thing if i got your call. it's not sonys fault that you didn't take care of your system better. i carry mine around with my literally everywhere. it comes to work (which helps with trouble shooting your vitas when you guys call in lol), to dinner, when i hang out with friends. hell i would even bring it to a party. it's always in my pocket or in my backpack in my pdp case and it still looks near mint with the barcode number intact. you should of had something to cover the barcode number. i dont know what else to tell you except that you're going to either have to find out what exactly what is going on with it and replace those parts, or pay the 129 plus any taxes which include shipping

Message 3 of 5 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Feb 28, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Well maybe if you just took better care of your system, you wouldn't have to worry about all that now would you?

My Vita, besides the fingerprint smudges, looks exactly like it did when I first opened the system.

No, the error he is talking about is a glitch in the 3G Vita's, I had to get four of them replaced before they got it right.

It's also very difficult not to keep the serial code perfectly intact unless you use a trigger grip that keeps your hands off the Serial Number   You would think that the Vita would've had it embadded in the system somewhere in the settings, your only other means of identification is the IMAC adress.

I personally would've made them figure it out themselves, chances are they wouldn't of even looked.   Of the four replacement Vita's I received, only ONE was a repair.   All four of them looked brand new.

And if you got a First Edition Bundle, that should be enough sympathy to just fix your system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 4 of 5 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

the serial number and bar code number on my vita still look brand new and before i got my case a week ago i always carried it around with nothing protecting those labels. you really have to try hard to get those labels to wear out. just so you dont say i dont play my vita enough to have that problem i play it a few hours at least every day

Message 5 of 5 (86 Views)
0 Likes