Highlighted
Sep 03 2012
By: PapaWarlock Last Guardian 11299 posts

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

4 replies 99 views Edited Sep 3, 2012

I've been debating this game for several months. Not really sure I want to spend $40 on the game but I played the first one on the PSP and enjoyed it.

To anyone that's played the Vita version of Disgaea 3, how'd you like it? Any real pros or cons to the game?

Message 1 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Re: Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Sep 3, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

I've been debating this game for several months. Not really sure I want to spend $40 on the game but I played the first one on the PSP and enjoyed it.

To anyone that's played the Vita version of Disgaea 3, how'd you like it? Any real pros or cons to the game?

I will help you out

Pros:

It's a fun game to play

The story is good

It's has all of the DLC, worth 15$, that the PS3 version has

It's can kill a lot of time, MAXIMUM level is 9999

Cons:

It's a turnbase game

It's a GRIND FEST, most of the time, you will be re-doing stages to level up and farm for gear, because of the nature of the game, it's took a long time.

So there you have it, I also suggest take a look at Turmoil Review in my review thread about this game

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 2 of 5 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Sep 3, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

I will help you out

Pros:

It's a fun game to play

The story is good

It's has all of the DLC, worth 15$, that the PS3 version has

It's can kill a lot of time, MAXIMUM level is 9999

Cons:

It's a turnbase game

It's a GRIND FEST, most of the time, you will be re-doing stages to level up and farm for gear, because of the nature of the game, it's took a long time.

So there you have it, I also suggest take a look at Turmoil Review in my review thread about this game

For me a turn based game is a pro Smiley Very Happy I do like both action and turn based RPGs.

Message 3 of 5 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Sep 3, 2012

It's a really fun game, the story is pure comedy. However, like they mentioned, it's a lot of grindfest. So much that you lose touch with the story, if you care more about gameplay than plot, Disgaea 3 is a great choice. Otherwise, I'd sugest you give a try to Gungnir now that it's available on the PSV PSN store, it's a SRPG made by sting but it's much more focused on plot / gameplay and allows no grinding to get in the way~.

Message 4 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Sep 4, 2012

CONS

being turn based?

don't agree with you......

it a great game....get it if you've got spare money

Message 5 of 5 (46 Views)
0 Likes