First Son
17 posts

Re: Disenchanted with my Xbox One

Feb 28, 2014
You all are assuming I bought my xbone for full price... I paid 420 for it, taxes and all...
Message 51 of 63 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Feb 28, 2014

darkforcegod wrote:

Mr_Sludge_Pants wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

This is not a surprise and I know that a lot of people I know think the same.  

What I can tell you is that with PS4 you will have much more fun ( I already know people that have X1 or Xbox 360).  Another thing to keep in mind and its a FACT not opinion by me is that PS has better exclusive games like God of War, UNCharted

So, how can you have more fun with one console?

And how is it a fact, not an opinion that that PS has better games?

Because most people think so.  I am not the one that is saying it.  PS has always been better on exclusives than Xbox.  Its not an opinion made by me.  If most people say that it is then it most be for a reason.  My opinion is that IT IS TRUE but I am not saying this because what I think. Im just saying what I have seen on the internet and on my daily life outside of the PS forums.  If you can get both consoles then okay but if not then I would have to recommend PS4, PS3 and Vita above all other consoles etc etc. My 2 cents. 

I do have both, and I enjoy both consoles equally.

The Order was one of the only reasons I bought a PS4, and was kind of dissapointed when the news of single player only broke. I like a good story, but it's not something I usually pay full price for. Killzone has been a big dissapointment to me as well. I can't wait for the next Uncharted though.

And like socom said, it's not fact, it's popular opinion. There are more games i'm looking forward to on Xbox One than PS4, but it's only my opinion.

Message 52 of 63 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Buying a system for one game is a fools errand..in 1-2 months titanfall will be forgotten about the next big thing will be hyped (Desty, watcdogs). Ps4 is a better system unless a couple games are enough for you to stick with a weaker, gimmicky filled system where everything is behind a paywall.

Message 53 of 63 (78 Views)
Sackboy
544 posts

Feb 28, 2014

As someone who owns both a ps4 and xbox one since day, id go ps4 all day long. I too am a little disappointed in the titanfall beta. The mp community is there, the ghosts players on ps4 are nearly double sometimes than on xbox one. The multiplat games look better too. The only thing xbox one does better is the whole sharing and recording aspect with upload studio, also the voice chat is a bit better (though ive only played ghosts on both systems) its always. Good to have both systems, but id take the ps4 if I could only have one.

Message 54 of 63 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Am I the only one that doesn't get this whole stupid paywall argument?

If you're buying an Xbox One just to use the apps, you're just a stupid consumer that should have money stolen from you. Most avid gamers buy Live for gaming and everything is part of that. If you can afford an Xbox One to use just the apps, you also have the money to buy one of the many cheaper devices that runs almost all of the apps Xbox has, i.e. the Roku streaming device.

I guess i'm just not a fanboy, anything can be used.

Message 55 of 63 (67 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

PeppeLePeu wrote:

Well it's not exactly an I can't afford both systems as much as my wife saying you only get one. So yeah... but if it was up to me is have both... Maybe I can get a vita out of the switch though somehow lol... although with my luck if I get a vita shell balance it out with a weekend shopping trip downtown where I have to come lol

Heh, my BF knows a couple where instead of trying to tell the other what they can't get, they say if one spends money on something they want, the other gets to spend the same amount of money on what they want. This of course only works cause they both are decent about worrying about budgets Smiley Wink (and they will count in that whatever they buy will take double out of their account).

And if she's smart, she'll just take the shopping trip without taking you. It's no fun shopping with some one who is bored to death (at least I hate going to the game store with my BF because he could care less about it so I feel guilty as he sits around being bored waiting for me to be done). Of course, I'd be set if I had the same arrangement with my BF as he owns a plane (imagine how much games and game systems I could buy with that. Hell, I think I'd be buying a used Porsche too). Of course, he makes a helluva lot more money than I do (I'm poor).

Message 56 of 63 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Feb 28, 2014

socom69 wrote:

And why is framerate and resolution suddenly being used as a reason to smear xbone? Did everyone get amnesia and forget that 360 multiplats ran better than ps3 multiplats at the beginning of last generation? I swear ps fans are the saddest bunch and it makes me so upset that I have to be associated with yous.

Yeah cause the xbox one and PS4 are the same consoles as PS3 and xbox 360. Just because xbox 360 got the better versions last time doesn't mean it will be the same this time. Especially when you consider that PS4 has most of the same advantages/reasons why 360 got the better games (and more as it is definitely more powerful but also easier to develop for and already showing dominance in the market so more market for it) and 360 has the same weaknesses that caused PS3 to get worse (harder to develop for and not as big a market. And add in weaker than the PS4. AT least with 360 and PS3 it was arguable which was more powerful).

Message 57 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

Mr_Sludge_Pants wrote:

If you're buying an Xbox One just to use the apps, you're just a stupid consumer that should have money stolen from you. Most avid gamers buy Live for gaming and everything is part of that. If you can afford an Xbox One to use just the apps, you also have the money to buy one of the many cheaper devices that runs almost all of the apps Xbox has, i.e. the Roku streaming device.

I wish this forum would let me multiquote people in the same post.

I don't care if the reason to buy Gold is for MP. It's offensive MS thinks that those who are uninterested in MP should have their console gimped because MS can't find a real incentive to get them to buy Gold. For that reason alone, the principle of the matter, MS won't get a dime for me for Gold until they remove that ridiculous paywall. On top of that, MS is behind the times now. Only ignorant people pay for Gold to use their xbox for Netflix and such because you can buy a cheap device cheaper than Gold costs to do that. So the only reason MS has to even try to use that as a way of pushing people is taking advantage of ignorant people who don't realize there are cheap devices to do the same thing (That you don't have to keep paying to get them to do it). It's a money grab hoping those who don't play MP are stupid enough to fall for it. Also, they are charging those people full price for a device they claim to do all these things and then telling them, "Nope, you gotta pay more". It's why I value their xbox a lot less than what they claim, cause it's not worth as much as they claim. It doesn't do everything they advertise for that price.

Even if they offer me something I want, MS can stuff it until their ridiculous restrictions are lifted (and if they did start offering decent games for gold, I could have been persuaded to get Gold for that.. and it seems they are moving in that direction).

It's called voting with your money and not putting it towards company actions that you find offensive.

Message 58 of 63 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

Tigress666777 wrote:

Mr_Sludge_Pants wrote:

I wish this forum would let me multiquote people in the same post.

I don't care if the reason to buy Gold is for MP. It's offensive MS thinks that those who are uninterested in MP should have their console gimped because MS can't find a real incentive to get them to buy Gold. For that reason alone, the principle of the matter, MS won't get a dime for me for Gold until they remove that ridiculous paywall. On top of that, MS is behind the times now. Only ignorant people pay for Gold to use their xbox for Netflix and such because you can buy a cheap device cheaper than Gold costs to do that. So the only reason MS has to even try to use that as a way of pushing people is taking advantage of ignorant people who don't realize there are cheap devices to do the same thing (That you don't have to keep paying to get them to do it). It's a money grab hoping those who don't play MP are stupid enough to fall for it. Also, they are charging those people full price for a device they claim to do all these things and then telling them, "Nope, you gotta pay more". It's why I value their xbox a lot less than what they claim, cause it's not worth as much as they claim. It doesn't do everything they advertise for that price.

Even if they offer me something I want, MS can stuff it until their ridiculous restrictions are lifted (and if they did start offering decent games for gold, I could have been persuaded to get Gold for that.. and it seems they are moving in that direction).

It's called voting with your money and not putting it towards company actions that you find offensive.

I'm fine with that. I stick with Xbox because I know i'm taking advantage of everything the system has to offer. I game online a lot and use a variety of the apps. Yes, I understand it's a money grab, but it also falls on the consumer that doesn't take advantage of the system like most avid games/entertainment buffs do.

People have tools for research in front of them everyday, and still fall for things like this. I don't feel bad for casuals that don't research, or even read the outside of the box. If MS uses that money to better Xbox Live and the Xbox division as a whole, i'm for it.

I think they are learning from their mistakes and making the division better. Don Mattrick was a full blown idiot, and I don't think any MS fan misses him.

Message 59 of 63 (45 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Haha yeah me and my wife have it worked out where basically if one of us spends the other can... IE she spends money on nails and hair i get games and subscriptions. and it works since we are both paranoid about using our credit card for anything but emergency (i could lose my job as a mortgage officer if i got in financial misfortune)

And i really believe she makes me go shopping with her as her revenge motive for her seeing me play games. Although she doesnt complain (at least not since i have given up most PC gaming) because now she can watch her shows while i hold her while playing games she still thinks its dull when i do play. haha which is fine because to be honest i hate shopping, trying on clothes, etc.

But back on topic I get why people like the Xbox. i have liked them since the original Xbox but this time around i just cant get past the issues im having with my xbox. the "quirks" work as often as they don't (kinect, voice commands), the "exclusives" arent really that great. I mean i have never been a halo fan, fable is being turned into like arcade like rpg, and titanfall just failed. If i wanted to kill bots i would just play a single player campaign. While at the same time looking at things like 1886, dcuo, diablo 3, uncharted (havent played but i have heard the series is great), as well as having a higher graphical plateau and having the ability to switch out hard drives... i am having a hard time wanting to stay xbox.

as i have said as sad as it is the only quirk that i dont regret from my xbox was xbox fitness exclusievly because MOSSA workouts were actually incredibly fun although weak it was a great way to get 30 mins of cardio before jumping into bowflex for 30. But that said i guess i can fish out my insansity or t25 workouts just as easy as anything else. I know many seem to think the kinect was useless but i guess for myself i love having a recorded performance of myself to compete with to see if i can up the score each time. it made fitness less of a thing i have to do and more of a game that challenged me to beat myself.

So i guess tonight i will make the plunge and switch to PS4 for the first time since my grey original PS1 that i still play from time to time and pray im not just being to critical of the xbox and it was worth it. as i said i paid 420 for my console as is so even switching doesnt cost me anything. Just will have to start from the ground up with finding a core group to play with and what not.

Is there any must haves though for the PS4 to buy? (headsets, charge stations, games, etc?)

Message 60 of 63 (40 Views)
0 Likes