Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
609 posts

Re: Disenchanted with my Xbox One

Feb 28, 2014

EVILEMPIRE951 wrote:

you rage on a controller so much But you love buying batteries for your xbox controller dont u :]

Changing batteries or re-charging the battery pack is moot. The 360 did have the better controller, it felt good in the hand. While the DS3 was alright, the L2 and R2 triggers were awful. The DS4 is great though, I have yet to really use a One controller, so I can't comment on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 63 (134 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

Mr_Sludge_Pants wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

This is not a surprise and I know that a lot of people I know think the same.  

What I can tell you is that with PS4 you will have much more fun ( I already know people that have X1 or Xbox 360).  Another thing to keep in mind and its a FACT not opinion by me is that PS has better exclusive games like God of War, UNCharted

So, how can you have more fun with one console?

And how is it a fact, not an opinion that that PS has better games?

Because most people think so.  I am not the one that is saying it.  PS has always been better on exclusives than Xbox.  Its not an opinion made by me.  If most people say that it is then it most be for a reason.  My opinion is that IT IS TRUE but I am not saying this because what I think. Im just saying what I have seen on the internet and on my daily life outside of the PS forums.  If you can get both consoles then okay but if not then I would have to recommend PS4, PS3 and Vita above all other consoles etc etc. My 2 cents. 

Need a Hand? Contact Me.

Proud Member Of The PlayStation LifeStyle Ambassador Program.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 63 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Feb 28, 2014

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

EVILEMPIRE951 wrote:

you rage on a controller so much But you love buying batteries for your xbox controller dont u :]

Changing batteries or re-charging the battery pack is moot. The 360 did have the better controller, it felt good in the hand. While the DS3 was alright, the L2 and R2 triggers were awful. The DS4 is great though, I have yet to really use a One controller, so I can't comment on it.

I grew up with NES, then SNES and so on so to me the basic design that sony uses for PS controllers seems like the natural evolution of gaming controllers. One of the top reasons I've never owned an Xbox system is because of their big, clumsy and ugly controllers. Ick.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 63 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
609 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

EVILEMPIRE951 wrote:

I grew up with NES, then SNES and so on so to me the basic design that sony uses for PS controllers seems like the natural evolution of gaming controllers. One of the top reasons I've never owned an Xbox system is because of their big, clumsy and ugly controllers. Ick.

My first controller was the atari 2600, the dreamcast has my favorite controller, the 360 controller reminds me of it. I also like the material compared to the DS3.

If the bottom triggers on the DS3 weren't so bad for fighting games or quick hits, I'd probably have no issue with it. I ended up buying a wired 360 style controller for my PS3 that has a rubberized texture. It's not bad.

I think my least favorite controller in existence is probably the original N64 controller that had the red reset button on the bottom, or the original Xbox controller, both were awfully designed.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 63 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Feb 28, 2014

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

EVILEMPIRE951 wrote:

My first controller was the atari 2600, the dreamcast has my favorite controller, the 360 controller reminds me of it. I also like the material compared to the DS3.

If the bottom triggers on the DS3 weren't so bad for fighting games or quick hits, I'd probably have no issue with it. I ended up buying a wired 360 style controller for my PS3 that has a rubberized texture. It's not bad.

I think my least favorite controller in existence is probably the original N64 controller that had the red reset button on the bottom, or the original Xbox controller, both were awfully designed.

Y

Yeah, N64 controller was so weird it was actually kind of funny. 

To be fair, IMO all standard controllers are pretty crappy for playing fighting games, especially 2D fighting games. Gotta get one of those joystick pads.

I never had or even really played a Dreamcast, I gave up on Sega after getting burned buying Sega CD, then 32X then Satun.

I hear people say crap about DS3 for use in FPS games, something with the sticks. IDK, never had problems myself.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 63 (117 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
609 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

EVILEMPIRE951 wrote:

Y

To be fair, IMO all standard controllers are pretty crappy for playing fighting games, especially 2D fighting games. Gotta get one of those joystick pads.

I never had or even really played a Dreamcast, I gave up on Sega after getting burned buying Sega CD, then 32X then Satun.

I hear people say crap about DS3 for use in FPS games, something with the sticks. IDK, never had problems myself.

I use a fightstick, it depends. I don't carry it around, so controller it is sometimes. This is my go to one, I also have the vanilla edition,  and the injustice fightstick.
Dreamcast is my favorite system, has some of the best fighter ports after the Sega Saturn.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 63 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1352 posts

Feb 28, 2014

1. Sell, give away, trade, or destroy Xbox One

2. Get Ps4

3. ???

4. Have fun

Problem solved

/thread

THIS IS WHERE THE CARS LIVE! GITCHUONE!

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 63 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Feb 28, 2014

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

EVILEMPIRE951 wrote:

Y

I use a fightstick, it depends. I don't carry it around, so controller it is sometimes. This is my go to one, I also have the vanilla edition,  and the injustice fightstick.
Dreamcast is my favorite system, has some of the best fighter ports after the Sega Saturn.

I had one of those Street Fighter ones when I first got back into gaming when I got a PS3. I just can't do 2D fighters anymore, it's too stressful and I'm not OCD enough for it. It seemed like to use anyone who wasn't a shoto (Ryu, Ken..etc) you had to put in far more effort than your opponent, and also having to learn all the frame rates, what counters exactly waht and so on was a head ache. Most of all it seemed like the extreme amount of precision you had to perform with non-shotos in SF4 was next to impossible for doing proper combos due to lag (at least for me. I'd pull the combos off in training, but not in fights). I miss just the arcades and couch fighting for those kinda games.

Long story short, I'm now more of a Tekken player when it come to online fighters.

Side tracked the convo I guess. Anyway. It's all about personal taste when it come to controllers. In the end Mouse+keyboard is best for FPS, Joystick pads for fighters and N64 controllers are weird.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 63 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7920 posts

Feb 28, 2014

DaBird-Is-DaWord wrote:

Not trying to defend Xbox here but the consensus seems to be that One will run games at 1080p 60 fps a little ways down the line, especially its big-name exclusives. So that shouldn't be a permanent disadvantage of the One, and in a few years no one will even remember these launch games anyway. (which are mostly PS3/360 ports like Madden, Assassins Creed, and Call of Duty anyway)

This is whats being said not proven. Many game companies said Yes 1080P 60 FPS no problem. Now that the hard ware is out and designed. These same compaies are saying this may not me quite so possible.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 63 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1587 posts

Feb 28, 2014

darkforcegod wrote:

Mr_Sludge_Pants wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

This is not a surprise and I know that a lot of people I know think the same.  

What I can tell you is that with PS4 you will have much more fun ( I already know people that have X1 or Xbox 360).  Another thing to keep in mind and its a FACT not opinion by me is that PS has better exclusive games like God of War, UNCharted

So, how can you have more fun with one console?

And how is it a fact, not an opinion that that PS has better games?

Because most people think so.  I am not the one that is saying it.  PS has always been better on exclusives than Xbox.  Its not an opinion made by me.  If most people say that it is then it most be for a reason.  My opinion is that IT IS TRUE but I am not saying this because what I think. Im just saying what I have seen on the internet and on my daily life outside of the PS forums.  If you can get both consoles then okay but if not then I would have to recommend PS4, PS3 and Vita above all other consoles etc etc. My 2 cents. 

*facepalm* It's called a "popular opinion".

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 63 (65 Views)
0 Likes