Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Re: Disenchanted with my Xbox One

Feb 28, 2014

far-zan wrote:

Pinktoe_ wrote:
^ what they still make zunes?

Zunes were great so much better than iPods. 

Yes, I love my Zune HD and still use it every day.

Message 21 of 63 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Well it's not exactly an I can't afford both systems as much as my wife saying you only get one. So yeah... but if it was up to me is have both... Maybe I can get a vita out of the switch though somehow lol... although with my luck if I get a vita shell balance it out with a weekend shopping trip downtown where I have to come lol

Message 22 of 63 (189 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Sony has always been better at RPGS, Nintendo is a close second. I bought my original 360 thinking there were going to be more games like Lost Oddyssey and Infinite Undiscovery, and there wern't. I literally own those two games and Fable II and III. 

I don't see MS not catering to the shooting crowd any time in the future and outside of a couple of western rpg games like ESO and whatever the new Fallout is, it'll be a barren wasteland again like the 360 was.

In terms of JRPG, the Vita and the 3DS are kings of that hill, and this year has some amazing titles for both that the consoles won't have. 

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 23 of 63 (179 Views)
Sackboy
527 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

Sony has always been better at RPGS, Nintendo is a close second. I bought my original 360 thinking there were going to be more games like Lost Oddyssey and Infinite Undiscovery, and there wern't. I literally own those two games and Fable II and III. 

I don't see MS not catering to the shooting crowd any time in the future and outside of a couple of western rpg games like ESO and whatever the new Fallout is, it'll be a barren wasteland again like the 360 was.

In terms of JRPG, the Vita and the 3DS are kings of that hill, and this year has some amazing titles for both that the consoles won't have. 

This is practically the reason why I chose to get a ps4 as well. I love MS and their products Generally speaking. I like Windows 8 and like xbox 360 and the xbox one but for RPG's it is lacking. It also lacks a good baseball game But 2k is to blame since they prevented EA from making a baseball game

Message 24 of 63 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2275 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

dude ditch that xbox 720p now ghost runs on 1080p 60fps and its beeeasssssssssttttttttttttt bro :] also whatever game is coming out on the one or 720p damm sure windows will have it :] and cheaper

Won the ps4 From taco bell!
eGe EV][L GA/\/\][NG E/\/\P][RE
Message 25 of 63 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

Not trying to defend Xbox here but the consensus seems to be that One will run games at 1080p 60 fps a little ways down the line, especially its big-name exclusives. So that shouldn't be a permanent disadvantage of the One, and in a few years no one will even remember these launch games anyway. (which are mostly PS3/360 ports like Madden, Assassins Creed, and Call of Duty anyway)

Message 26 of 63 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2275 posts

Feb 28, 2014

okay well how come it didn't run ghost on 60fps? the developers said on the ps4 runs 60fps and higher fps so imagine how much can it really run? and this is a early game for the ps4 just imagine give it a little more time how much of a distance it will have remmember ddr3 vs gddr5 big diffrence i wouldn't spend 100$ more on a far less powerfull console thats like saying a apple is far superio to a alienware laptop only fanboys would buy a xbox im just saying most of the games xbox one can play pc can play so i myself own a pc/ps4 and im fine with that i dont know why you defend it so much bro if u have it keep it if u want to sell it make up your mind already.

Message 27 of 63 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Feb 28, 2014

PeppeLePeu wrote:

So i have to opportunity to trade my Xbox One in for a PS4 tomorrow and trying to gut check myself knowing this could be a mistake but i just cant seem to get past that Titanfall Beta was all but impressive. It could have been epic even with 12v12 but with the 6v6 it just was... meh... i spent more time killing bots and waiting behind walls tagging pickups then killing players and feel battlefield has way more teamwork and fun involved.

That said i also feel xbox has given up on anything but shooters. i love myself rpgs, plan on getting ESO, and love other games as well im just worried as i have always heard that the multiplayer community just isnt there on a psn. Will i be missing something as far as being a multiplayer mostly player switching or is the community and competition here great?

Also despite everyone here seeming to hate the kinect i think xbox fitness will be my most missed option since i use it 3-4 times a week with the other days devoted to weights.. will ps be getting a fitness program to go with the eye?

i know ill probably get a very biased for ps opinion here but you all have them and i dont want to ask a group of xbox only fanboys if i should leave.... lol

thanks

Edit: Updated Labels. Please check out Labels Best Practices in PS General!

I was an xbox 360 gamer most of last generation until I realized that with bioware no longer exclusive to microsoft basically all they had were shooters.theres no legit jrpgs because the system dosent sell in japan.the library just dosent compare to what playstation has.xbox does have a vastly better controller with analog sticks that dont wear out in 3 weeks , a useless speaker , ridiculous unused touchpad and a stupid lightbar that you cant turn off.

Message 28 of 63 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2275 posts

Feb 28, 2014

you rage on a controller so much But you love buying batteries for your xbox controller dont u :]

Message 29 of 63 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Feb 28, 2014

DaBird-Is-DaWord wrote:

Not trying to defend Xbox here but the consensus seems to be that One will run games at 1080p 60 fps a little ways down the line, especially its big-name exclusives. So that shouldn't be a permanent disadvantage of the One, and in a few years no one will even remember these launch games anyway. (which are mostly PS3/360 ports like Madden, Assassins Creed, and Call of Duty anyway)

You have NO IDEA how much I love this argument... Yeah XBOX one might run games at 1080p and 60 FPS in the future... What about the PS4? It's just going to make no progress in optimizations while the Xbox one passes it by? I lol so hard to this argument because as one system improves in optimizations, the other will also surely improve just as much in optimization.

If the Xbox One is struggling to run 1080p and 60fps with even exclusive games, how will it match up against games in the future that demand more graphics and resource intensive crap?

The facts stand that the PS4 has more power and there's only so much optimization can do...

Not trying to defend PS4 but the Xbox One is making the same dumb arguments Sony did with the PS3 (Oh the future will bring better running games, oh optimizations, oh power of the cell (Replace cell with cloud), etc). Look at the games on PS3 and Xbox 360, they did become visually better in the future but did they run any better? No... You slowly saw games shift from 720p 60 fps to 720p 30 fps and then later 720p 15-25 fps.

Message 30 of 63 (133 Views)
0 Likes