Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

Re: Disenchanted with my Xbox One

Feb 28, 2014

Pinktoe_ wrote:
^ what they still make zunes?

Zunes were great so much better than iPods. 

Message 11 of 63 (226 Views)
MVP Support
8299 posts

Feb 28, 2014

PeppeLePeu wrote:

i can only play xbox music streamed over the net on my xbox one at the moment... cant even plug my zune in and play the stuff on there and thats a dang microsoft product.

Ill double check exclusives but eh

the controller i am worried about since i havent touched a ps controller since ps1 but its just something that takes time to adjust to i bet...

The PS4 controller is a quite different feeling from even the PS3 controller.  It is slightly larger and more comfortable in larger hands.

Message 12 of 63 (226 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13452 posts

Feb 28, 2014

PeppeLePeu wrote:

The kinect i actually dont mind. voice commands dont ever work. i spend more time yelling at the thing then having it work and i only can use the hand motions 50% of the time but i guess kinect fitness works.... but for all that i can just go to the gym...

I guess what i really want to know is if theres enough players to play with and like socialize with in competitive games. having never ever owned a ps since ps1.... i hate solo dull experiences unless theres a compelling story (looks at witcher 3!)

hmmm

and titanfalls 6v6 is... yeah... ugh

There is enough people, If you are searching through gameplay on your own though you'd probably run into non English speaking people at some point and wouldn't end up very co-operative.

There are quite a lot of Battlefield players around here. Quite a lot in game online too from what I've been told, no actual personal experience though since I don't even own it.

Rest assured the Battlefield player count is strong.

If you do decide to pick up a PS4 theres a thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/The-One-and-Only-quot-Looking-For-Friends...

There. Where people kind of add each other and stuff to get you started.

Message 13 of 63 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

No i still have my Zune HD with Zune Pass so i still get my grandfathered free 10 songs to keep + unlimited downloads. ill keep that service till my poor zune dies. its the main reason i have a windows phone too... stupid microsoft canceling zunes...

Message 14 of 63 (215 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

The Playstation Camera is pretty legit. It costs $40 less than the Kinect and brings many of the same features to the table, including: voice navigation of the UI, mic for game-chat, face recognition login, video recording, and gestures (as opposed to PS Move controllers). You can't navigate the UI with gestures though, and there aren't quite as many voice commands. You can't turn on your Playstation by telling it to do so. Also we don't get Skype on Playstation since Microsoft bought it. I bet Sony will partner up with some company or make their own Skype-like app before long though.

Whether the Playstation Camera is worth buying depends entirely on how much Sony supports it, frankly.  PS4 comes with a really neat tech-demo for the Camera that involves virtual pong and playing with robots, and you can currently get Just Dance 2014 to play with it. They added some PS Camera voice commands to Tomb Raider Definitive Edition too. Sony doesn't have a great track record with supporting their new hardware over the long-term. They let Playstation Move fall to the wayside and they're letting the Vita sell poorly while hardly bothering to promote it. One good thing about Microsoft forcing the Kinect on everyone is that it's streamlined and devs will have more incentive to do stuff with it. Microsoft is also more serious about supporting the Kinect. Kinect has a more secure future than the PS Camera and you can do more with it. On the bright side; however, the Playstation Camera is selling unexpectedly well. As a matter of fact, they're almost as hard to find in stores right now as the PS4 itself. If it keeps selling well then the PS Camera might actually have a bright future.

I wouldn't worry too much about an excercise app/or game if I were you. No there isn't one yet, but games like that are almost a garuantee with motion gaming platforms. We'll probably see a generic (yet fun) game just like the one you've described for Playstation in the near future. lol.

As for music--while PS4 currently doesn't support MP3 or DLNA, Sony actually promised to include that in an update in the near-future after public backlash. So if that's a matter of concern then you shouldn't worry about it in the long term.

Message 15 of 63 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Feb 28, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

PeppeLePeu wrote:

i can only play xbox music streamed over the net on my xbox one at the moment... cant even plug my zune in and play the stuff on there and thats a dang microsoft product.

Ill double check exclusives but eh

the controller i am worried about since i havent touched a ps controller since ps1 but its just something that takes time to adjust to i bet...

The PS4 controller is a quite different feeling from even the PS3 controller.  It is slightly larger and more comfortable in larger hands.

Out of the consoles i have played (Dreamcast , Xbox 1, Xbox 360 , Xbox one , PS2,ps3, and PS4) i like the controllers in this order: Xbox one/360/xbox 1 s controller (Tied basically ) , Ps4, Dreamcast , and the ps2/ps3 controllers ( pretty much the same controller). I hated the Dualshock 2 and 3 controllers with a passion but i actually do love the Dualshock 4 almost as much as the xbox controllers. It feel much more comfortable in my hands and while I thought the touchpad is a gimmick when i heard about it i find it useful so far in the 1 game i played with it which was Killzone.

Message 16 of 63 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 28, 2014

darkforcegod wrote:

This is not a surprise and I know that a lot of people I know think the same.  

What I can tell you is that with PS4 you will have much more fun ( I already know people that have X1 or Xbox 360).  Another thing to keep in mind and its a FACT not opinion by me is that PS has better exclusive games like God of War, UNCharted

So, how can you have more fun with one console?

And how is it a fact, not an opinion that that PS has better games?

Message 17 of 63 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I am really hoping the eye picks up a bit. especially if xbox's mandatory kinect starts pushing optional eye usage to x-platform games. but in all honesty the only reasons the connect appealed to me was fitness (i think i am a minority but i really do love actual fitness games.... wii fit was kinda a joke imo) should playstation pick up something though using the eye that is similar its all gravy. i can tell you right now if the voice commands actually work more then 50% of the time on the ps4 eye then im sold. in fifa they never ever ever work and i think i spend 90 percent of the time almost yelling xbox turn off, xbox on, etc if i cant find my controller or if im dazily trying to go to bed after a show.

the only person i have ever skyped is my wife on buisness trips and in that case its via my laptop. so i guess the more i talk about it the more comfortable i am with moving over to ps4. So far you all have been amazing in responses and what not so thats a great sign in my opinion for things to come. guess as of tommorrow i will be out and xbox and moving into a ps4

Message 18 of 63 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

BTW i am still holding out hope they remake my favorite ps1 game legend of dragoons... (think thats what it was called) i miss that old rpg....

Message 19 of 63 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I still own my Xbox one and use a lot... If money isnt an issue i would just keep it as well because you can play the exclusives still on both consoles

Message 20 of 63 (175 Views)
0 Likes