Feb 28 2014
By: PeppeLePeu First Son 17 posts

Disenchanted with my Xbox One

[ Edited ]
62 replies 561 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

So i have to opportunity to trade my Xbox One in for a PS4 tomorrow and trying to gut check myself knowing this could be a mistake but i just cant seem to get past that Titanfall Beta was all but impressive. It could have been epic even with 12v12 but with the 6v6 it just was... meh... i spent more time killing bots and waiting behind walls tagging pickups then killing players and feel battlefield has way more teamwork and fun involved.

That said i also feel xbox has given up on anything but shooters. i love myself rpgs, plan on getting ESO, and love other games as well im just worried as i have always heard that the multiplayer community just isnt there on a psn. Will i be missing something as far as being a multiplayer mostly player switching or is the community and competition here great?

Also despite everyone here seeming to hate the kinect i think xbox fitness will be my most missed option since i use it 3-4 times a week with the other days devoted to weights.. will ps be getting a fitness program to go with the eye?

i know ill probably get a very biased for ps opinion here but you all have them and i dont want to ask a group of xbox only fanboys if i should leave.... lol

thanks

Edit: Updated Labels. Please check out Labels Best Practices in PS General!

Message 1 of 63 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Re: Disenchanted with my Xbox One

Feb 28, 2014

I'm probably one of the best people you could ask for.

Titanfall is in beta. It's 6vs6? Did they promise more for the final release?

Either way it's sounding like you bought the XBOX One for Titanfall. I'd say competition depends on your type of game. It exists.. The community here is like every community. It has it's ups and downs. The problem with multiplayer and PSN seems to only tie itself to the Playstation exclusives, no matter how hard we try we can't get Uncharted on to the same levels as Gears of War, Both are actually awesome and well suited to major competition.

But back on the thing, it really sounds like you wanted Titanfall, we have nothing like Titanfall for Playstation. Unless you are interested in other titles that are exclusive to Playstation you'd be better off sticking with your current XBOX One.

I do hate Kinect though.I equally hate the Playstation version of it. I couldn't answer anything on that.

Message 2 of 63 (552 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I didnt really get the Xbox for Titanfall to be honest. my cousin talked me out of the PS4 to play titanfall with him. since i rarely see him living in utah and him in texas it was worth it. and the kinect appealed to me for my wife to enjoy but she only cares about netflix, amazon and hulu so that didnt matter.

looking at SOE having DCUO and possibly EQN ported, ESO, as well as just all the indie games and what not spurs me to thinking id rather be on PSN but i do love being online. i really like big shooters but seeing as the best shooter out for me is BF4 and its on both it doesnt matter to me.

and my original reason for getting it kinda fell apart since since getting his xbox one we went from playing a few times a week to i havent seen him leave netflix in the last month.

Not to mention having had a xbox one the one exclusive i loved... fable... is getting turned into some monstrosity with the next release that i am not such a fan of.

Message 3 of 63 (545 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11160 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

I'm probably one of the best people you could ask for.

Titanfall is in beta. It's 6vs6? Did they promise more for the final release?

Either way it's sounding like you bought the XBOX One for Titanfall. I'd say competition depends on your type of game. It exists.. The community here is like every community. It has it's ups and downs. The problem with multiplayer and PSN seems to only tie itself to the Playstation exclusives, no matter how hard we try we can't get Uncharted on to the same levels as Gears of War, Both are actually awesome and well suited to major competition.

But back on the thing, it really sounds like you wanted Titanfall, we have nothing like Titanfall for Playstation. Unless you are interested in other titles that are exclusive to Playstation you'd be better off sticking with your current XBOX One.

I do hate Kinect though.I equally hate the Playstation version of it. I couldn't answer anything on that.

Nope.  It is 6v6 (players) with bots added to make things seem...  fuller.  Titanfall is basically a slightly better looking Starhawk-lite.

As for Kinect..  being forced on users is the biggest reason there will never be an XBox (or any other M$ product) in my house.

Message 4 of 63 (539 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Feb 28, 2014

PeppeLePeu wrote:

I didnt really get the Xbox for Titanfall to be honest. my cousin talked me out of the PS4 to play titanfall with him. since i rarely see him living in utah and him in texas it was worth it. and the kinect appealed to me for my wife to enjoy but she only cares about netflix, amazon and hulu so that didnt matter.

looking at SOE having DCUO and possibly EQN ported, ESO, as well as just all the indie games and what not spurs me to thinking id rather be on PSN but i do love being online. i really like big shooters but seeing as the best shooter out for me is BF4 and its on both it doesnt matter to me.

and my original reason for getting it kinda fell apart since since getting his xbox one we went from playing a few times a week to i havent seen him leave netflix in the last month.

Not to mention having had a xbox one the one exclusive i loved... fable... is getting turned into some monstrosity with the next release that i am not such a fan of.

You would probably be okay with the PS4 then. The only issue considering then would be the controller.

It's totally different to the XBOX One controller, also I'm not entirely sure if you can play CD's and your own personal music on the XBOX One, but if you want to do that it's currently unavailable on PS4.

If none of that matters though I can't see any reason why the PS4 would be a bad option considering it has the games you want.

But before making that call maybe it's best if you look through all the exclusive titles coming for each console and work out if any of them sway you more to that console before making a decision you may regret down the line.

Message 5 of 63 (536 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

The kinect i actually dont mind. voice commands dont ever work. i spend more time yelling at the thing then having it work and i only can use the hand motions 50% of the time but i guess kinect fitness works.... but for all that i can just go to the gym...

I guess what i really want to know is if theres enough players to play with and like socialize with in competitive games. having never ever owned a ps since ps1.... i hate solo dull experiences unless theres a compelling story (looks at witcher 3!)

hmmm

and titanfalls 6v6 is... yeah... ugh

Message 6 of 63 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

Obviously, everyone here is gonna tell you to ditch the Xbox. lol. If you're an Xbox guy at heart and really dig the exclusives, then maybe you should stick with it. Make sure you're aware of the pros and cons of each console too before you make your decision. Xbox has a more dynamic interface with better media features and the Kinect. PS4 is the more powerful console so its games will look better and have more potential overall. Also, Sony doesn't nickel and dime you the way Microsoft does. You don't have to buy PS+ to watch Netflix or Hulu. It's crazy that Microsoft can get away with that; I mean, you've already paid for your Netflix membership seperately... anyway.

The thing about Playstation having a crappy online community is a myth. For one, you can't measure how 'good' a community is. It's totally subjective. That was just the 360 fanboy's response whenever a PS3 fanboy bragged about not having to pay for Online. But, for the sake of argument... If Xbox had the better online community, it was probably because they had the larger community. Between Playstation and Xbox, the latter won out in the console-wars last gen. More people gamed on Xbox. But that's not the case for One vs. PS4. PS4 is outselling Xbox 2-to-1. When the One sees a price drop, so will the PS4. Playstation will likely hold a $100 price advantage over the Xbox for some time, and more people will continue to go with PS4. Also, since Playstation is now charging for Online, more money will be invested in the network to make it better. And now PSN has pretty much all the same features as Live, which wasn't the case last-generation when Playstation didn't have controller logins or cross-game chat. So if any console is going to have the "better" online community this gen then, then it will be Playstation. The difference in service quality between Xbox and Playstation is negligible this-gen, even more so than it was last-gen.

There are some legit reasons why you might choose One over PS4, but frankly Online isn't one of them. Since you've said that you really don't care for Xbox's exclusives, then maybe PS4 is the way to go.

Message 7 of 63 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

PeppeLePeu wrote:

So i have to opportunity to trade my Xbox One in for a PS4 tomorrow and trying to gut check myself knowing this could be a mistake but i just cant seem to get past that Titanfall Beta was all but impressive. It could have been epic even with 12v12 but with the 6v6 it just was... meh... i spent more time killing bots and waiting behind walls tagging pickups then killing players and feel battlefield has way more teamwork and fun involved.

That said i also feel xbox has given up on anything but shooters. i love myself rpgs, plan on getting ESO, and love other games as well im just worried as i have always heard that the multiplayer community just isnt there on a psn. Will i be missing something as far as being a multiplayer mostly player switching or is the community and competition here great?

Also despite everyone here seeming to hate the kinect i think xbox fitness will be my most missed option since i use it 3-4 times a week with the other days devoted to weights.. will ps be getting a fitness program to go with the eye?

i know ill probably get a very biased for ps opinion here but you all have them and i dont want to ask a group of xbox only fanboys if i should leave.... lol

thanks

This is not a surprise and I know that a lot of people I know think the same.  

What I can tell you is that with PS4 you will have much more fun ( I already know people that have X1 or Xbox 360).  Another thing to keep in mind and its a FACT not opinion by me is that PS has better exclusive games like God of War, UNCharted, among others that many people like AND PS Vita which is a great partner for the PS4.  I welcome you to our community and would like you to stay. 

P.S.  We have PS+ and its worth it? YES. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 8 of 63 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 28, 2014

i can only play xbox music streamed over the net on my xbox one at the moment... cant even plug my zune in and play the stuff on there and thats a dang microsoft product.

Ill double check exclusives but eh

the controller i am worried about since i havent touched a ps controller since ps1 but its just something that takes time to adjust to i bet...

Message 9 of 63 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2565 posts

Feb 28, 2014
^ what they still make zunes?
Message 10 of 63 (509 Views)
0 Likes