Jul 19 2013
By: bigA7268 First Son 1 posts

Discounts on PSN for already owned games

6 replies 149 views Edited Jul 19, 2013

I've always been a gamer that likes to have the actual copy of a game (call me crazy). However, i've lately taken advantage of downloading games off of the PSN network. It occurred to me that, a lot of the games i wanted, i already had. I want to play a lot of the older playstation 1 and 2 games for the original systems on my PSP. I think it'd be nice to be able to put in some sort of identification code for your copy of the game into PSN and get the downloadable version for free (doesnt seem to make sense to pay for what you already have). However, I think i'd happily settle for a discount of some sort. Any ideas on getting this going?

Message 1 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5153 posts

Re: Discounts on PSN for already owned games

Jul 19, 2013

No.

The only way to do this is if you send them your physical copy, and they'd apply a digital copy to your account. This method would cost money, and possibly be more expensive than buying the digital copy.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 2 of 7 (137 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14041 posts

Jul 19, 2013

bigA7268 wrote:

>snip<

Any ideas on getting this going?

Yes, my idea is the usual one.  Post here: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 7 (134 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Another thing they should do, is simply start shipping downloadable codes to stores rather than exclusively discs.
Message 4 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Why ship download codes if you have to come back to XBL anyways in input the code? Seems like another step, rather than just downloading from the PS store directly, but I guess if you can't download the game from PS store on release day a code purchased at a retail store might make sense.
Message 5 of 7 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Some people want to buy digitally but might find it easier to purchase in store. Like a kid buying minecraft which can be done with a digital card. I also love collecting physical copies but I see why this is an option.
Message 6 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Jul 19, 2013
If you have the code that comes with the disc, don't you think some people would take advantage and use the code and resell the disc?
Message 7 of 7 (72 Views)
0 Likes