First Son
4 posts

Re: Disappointed in the lack of Sony product compatibility with the PS4

May 24, 2014

I believe many of people including me are with you on this one.

Sony should have started the media update already.

If phones are just for making phone calls and game consoles are just for playing games the we all will still use monochrome display phone.

Please vote from this page (click)

As you can see the media feature is top of the list.

Untitled.jpg

Message 21 of 58 (248 Views)
Wastelander
614 posts

Re: Disappointed in PS4

May 24, 2014

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

well if you've seen this thread too many times maybe a)you need to get more sun and offline and/or b)its a big problem for millions of people and a few thousand of them come on from time to time to complain about not having all the features they've grown to love/use carry over.  For alot of these people this is the place to vent...and is the first time they've been on in a while to post...they dont live on here and see this thread alot is what i'm getting at Smiley Wink 

"u r on internet 2 much" -- The lamest, and one of the oldest fallacious arguments on the internet. I don't come on here very often and I still see a bunch of threads by one-post-wonders who just want everyone to know that Sony isn't enabling their music piracy in a timely fashion. They have a right to say it, and we have a right to point out how tiresome and dull it is.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 22 of 58 (240 Views)
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

May 24, 2014

That is what I have been saying. In most other electronics in seven months they are already coming up with the next version that does more and better then the last one. 

In gaming it takes seven months just to think about it. I heard all this when the vita come out and it is still not there.

This is what gamers have excepted and bought into so it will not change. Sad that we as paying coustomers in gaming have made it this way and given up the power to change it.

If phones, tablets, and computors had done it this way I wonder how far behind they would be compaired to what they are now??

There would probably still be dial up.

Message 23 of 58 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

May 25, 2014

Just checking in on my thread and it's pretty sad how hateful and rude most of you are.  Was I not respectful by thanking everyone in advance and willing to admit I may be wrong and open to being corrected?

You guys can critisize me all you want.  If the PS3 only played games and nothing else it would have tanked and the Xbox 360 would be king today.  But the PS3 didn't just play games, did it?  The PS3 did just about everything and almost every single one of you guys boasted Sony's superiority from the rooftops.  I shouldn't have to appologize for the pride in Sony that I personally have had for almost a decade and I expect their standard to continue, not disolve. 

As far as standards.....there wouldn't be any if everyone just kept their oppinions to themselves and accepted everything. 

And what right do you have to come on these forums, trying to shut people up and denying Sony the valuable feedback they need to be more succesful? 

And finally, yes.  If Sony continues their standard of excellence, I will buy a PS4.  I don't care how many people buy one in my place, that was dumb for you guys to think I'd be troubled by that.  I want everyone to buy the PS4.  The more diverse the community is, the more versatile the PS4 will become.  The end.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 24 of 58 (206 Views)
Wastelander
614 posts

May 25, 2014

Punfisher wrote:

Just checking in on my thread and it's pretty sad how hateful and rude most of you are.  Was I not respectful by thanking everyone in advance and willing to admit I may be wrong and open to being corrected?

You guys can critisize me all you want.  If the PS3 only played games and nothing else it would have tanked and the Xbox 360 would be king today.  But the PS3 didn't just play games, did it?  The PS3 did just about everything and almost every single one of you guys boasted Sony's superiority from the rooftops.  I shouldn't have to appologize for the pride in Sony that I personally have had for almost a decade and I expect their standard to continue, not disolve. 

As far as standards.....there wouldn't be any if everyone just kept their oppinions to themselves and accepted everything. 

And what right do you have to come on these forums, trying to shut people up and denying Sony the valuable feedback they need to be more succesful? 

And finally, yes.  If Sony continues their standard of excellence, I will buy a PS4.  I don't care how many people buy one in my place, that was dumb for you guys to think I'd be troubled by that.  I want everyone to buy the PS4.  The more diverse the community is, the more versatile the PS4 will become.  The end.

Perhaps instead of whinging about what a persecuted victim you are, you should read some of these comments and take them to heart. There's valid reasoning here, whether you want to hear it or not. Nobody is "shutting you up". We are calling you out for saying foolish things, and you obviously have the capability to defend yourself.

It is foolish to say that Sony should have stuck with PS3 forever. That is not how consumer electronics works. This is such a preposterous statement that it would seem only a troll would make it.

It is foolish to say that Sony is killing the PS3. Do you have any idea how long Sony tends to support their last generation of consoles? A long, long, long time. Production and games for the PS2 just recently ended. Last year, a week before the PS4 launch.

It is foolish to think that the PS4 is not going to get updates.

It is foolish to think that yelling at PlayStation Community members about an overdone topic will make its way to Shuhei Yoshida himself.

If you're truly not a troll, then you've just been very thoughtless and hypocritical. You can't say that you're open to correction, leave the discussion, and then come back and complain about being corrected.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 25 of 58 (188 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

May 25, 2014

Punfisher wrote:

If you knew anythign about the PS3 when it released. you know out of the box. None of these extra features happend over night. It was done with years of updates to make the PS3 what it is today.

Message 26 of 58 (177 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2014

This is why my PS3 sits beside my PS4. Not b/c I need all of the features on the PS3 to be on the PS4 but b/c I'll keep these consoles for as long as I see fit, which might be forever. 

There are tons of things that the PS4 does out of the box that the PS3 did not do out of the box and still does not do now. Let me know the last time you did video capture with your PS3 (w/ out an external device used to do so like an elgato video capture), the last time you took and saved photo's and posted them to your facebook with the PS3 exc exc... People are very quick to jump on the PS4 for what it CANT do and not what it DOES do. In time the PS4 will be everything and much more then the PS3 ever thought of being. It just takes exactly that.... time. The PS3 was a shell of what it is today and after 7 years of updates and upgrades we have the awesome system that we have today. In just a few years the PS4 will be nothing like how it was out of the box 7 months ago. This system is very early in its life and to expect anything mor e out of it then playing games 7 months into it is being a big pre judgemental about the system its self. I bought the PS4 for one main reason..... to play games at 1080p on my 1080p TV and it does exactly that. All of these other things that people want out of the PS4 will come in time, but it is not essensial to what the system was actually designed to do and that is to be a game console. I'm not saying none of these other features that consoles can do are not important, just that it is not the most important b/c there are other devices that probably most of us have ( like a PC / Laptop ) that can do it as well

Message 27 of 58 (172 Views)
MVP Support
11355 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2014

Punfisher wrote:

The PS3 did not LAUNCH with over half of what it currently has.  Media support was not added until 2008 (2 YEARS after launch).  3D BD support was not added until 2010 (4 years after launch).  As for "missing Flash support in the PS4", Adobe discontinued Flash support for consoles in 2011; the PS4 launched in 2013 (2 years after Adobe killed console Flash).

The PS4 is barely SIX MONTHS OLD.  It is new hardware.  A new media player needs to be created that supports the new hardware, and then tested, tweaked and retested.  A media player intended to run on the Cell processor and PowerPC architecture WILL SIMPLY NOT operate on x86 hardware.  It is the exact same reasons that PS3 games do not run on the PS4.  Different architecture requires different programming.  

Patience is a virtue, young grasshopper.  Sony has repeatedly stated that they are 'looking into media support and other requested features'.  You can't just pull the tires off a Mustang and pop them on a Pinto to make it a Mustang.

Message 28 of 58 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

May 25, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

Punfisher wrote:

The PS3 did not LAUNCH with over half of what it currently has.  Media support was not added until 2008 (2 YEARS after launch).  3D BD support was not added until 2010 (4 years after launch).  As for "missing Flash support in the PS4", Adobe discontinued Flash support for consoles in 2011; the PS4 launched in 2013 (2 years after Adobe killed console Flash).

The PS4 is barely SIX MONTHS OLD.  It is new hardware.  A new media player needs to be created that supports the new hardware, and then tested, tweaked and retested.  A media player intended to run on the Cell processor and PowerPC architecture WILL SIMPLY NOT operate on x86 hardware.  It is the exact same reasons that PS3 games do not run on the PS4.  Different architecture requires different programming.  

Patience is a virtue, young grasshopper.  Sony has repeatedly stated that they are 'looking into media support and other requested features'.  You can't just pull the tires off a Mustang and pop them on a Pinto to make it a Mustang.

Agree 100% b/c that is actually how all of this works, And props for the Mustang reference lol

Message 29 of 58 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1778 posts

May 25, 2014

Punfisher wrote:

And why exactly do you think Sony will come to this forum? This Forum is ran, maintained, and monitored by us, the community, NOT Sony. If, and that's a big if, they came here, why would they listen to the complainers? They would probably listen to the users who enjoy their consoles and ask their opinions on what they would like to see, not to a bunch of whinners who complain about everything. Lastly, it's a GAME CONSOLE, IT PLAYS GAMES!!!!  That's what it's supposed to do first and foremost. 

Message 30 of 58 (156 Views)