May 24 2014
By: Punfisher Hekseville Citizen 310 posts

Disappointed in the lack of Sony product compatibility with the PS4

[ Edited ]
57 replies 641 views Edited May 24, 2014

I had been against the whole idea of the PS4 for a long time.  I felt like the PS3 was king and we haven't even began to tap into the PS3's potential.  But since then I had decided to go ahead and buy a PS4.  The games look great.  But I recently discovered that none of my Sony devices are even compatable with a PS4, devices like my digital camera and HD camcorder - both are Sony.  Heck, I can't even use my Sony bluetooth headset with a PS4.  It seems the only Sony device that's compatable with a PS4 is a TV.  And that's not all.  The PS4 won't play any video, music or photos....period.    For years now Playstation had been the center of my home.  I've built all of my electronic devices around it.  I even have a Sony projector with a 120" screen.  Everything Sony.  It aggrevates me to no end to see Sony cut off support for all of their products with their new Playstation.

I have not bought the new system yet.  I wanted to, but now I've decided not to.  If Sony changes course I will most likely get a new PS4, but definately not until then.  I just want them to know that there are people out there like me and maybe, for what it's worth, others will speak up and some changes will be made. 

If I'm wrong about any of this I will happily stand corrected.  Thanks to all who contribute.

Mod Edit: Updated title to be as descriptive as possible. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 1 of 58 (641 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Re: Disappointed in PS4

May 24, 2014

I've just found out that my 3D bluray collection is not compatable with the PS4 and they are also Sony products.

My external harddrive is not Sony, but it is not compatable either and should be.

I don't understand why Sony is going to kill off the PS3 in support of the PS4 when it can't do anything.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 2 of 58 (620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 24, 2014
I think Sony will eventually release an update for that sort of connectivity. I'm guessing Sony wanted to release the PS4 ASAP without concentrating on some of the small features that would have taken time and resources.

Didn't they just release some type of patch for USB?
Message 3 of 58 (613 Views)
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

May 24, 2014

Oh God,another one of these threads? Pointless and over rated.

Support will come when it comes. Until then, shut up and wait. Noone really cares, your are managing to leave a ps4 for someone who will buy it, appreciate it and refrain from complaing.

Now,if you wanna whine and complain, take it somewhere where people dont have to see the same threads repeatedly.

Message 4 of 58 (601 Views)
Gaming Beast
1886 posts

May 24, 2014

I don't see the point of wanting to store stuff on a GAMING CONSOLE except your games. Only valid complaint that I think is worthwhile is 3d movies which will come eventually. Which this is my personal opinion.

Message 5 of 58 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
415 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

Can I ask a question? In your post you state: 

"I had been against the whole idea of the PS4 for a long time.  I felt like the PS3 was king and we haven't even began to tap into the PS3's potential.  But since then I had decided to go ahead and buy a PS4. "

And then you go even further to say:

"I have not bought the new system yet.  I wanted to, but now I've decided not to. "

So which is it? Did you get the PlayStation 4 or not? And as your opinion of the console, well you are entitled to it. I personally love the PS4 and just like the PS3 will dcontinue to await new titles and updates. Things take time. The best course of action is to just sit back and enjoy what the PS4 can do not focus on what it can't. 

Message 6 of 58 (566 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

It still amazes me how self important some people think they are. They start a thread, in a playstaion forum nonetheless, proclaiming their displeasure with a product and then proceed to announce I WILL NOT BE BUYING ONE.

Guess what, for every person like yourself, there will be ten people lined up behind you buying  what you didn't. Withholding your purchase is meaningless to both Sony and the gaming community in general.

It's a gaming console, and it does a superb job of  just that. If you want it to wash your clothes and cook your dinner, then look into buying a washing machine and stove.

Guess what, I don't like Microsoft products and i use apple computers and will never buy an XBox. My choices are meaningless to Microsoft since a lot of people will buy their products, but I'm not naive enough to think that I'm going to somehow impact Microsoft and wave my flag around like some kind of hero.

Message 7 of 58 (535 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

May 24, 2014

Frog352000 wrote:

It still amazes me how self important some people think they are. They start a thread, in a playstaion forum nonetheless, proclaiming their displeasure with a product and then proceed to announce I WILL NOT BE BUYING ONE.

Guess what, for every person like yourself, there will be ten people lined up behind you buying  what you didn't. Withholding your purchase is meaningless to both Sony and the gaming community in general.

It's a gaming console, and it does a superb job of  just that. If you want it to wash your clothes and cook your dinner, then look into buying a washing machine and stove.

Guess what, I don't like Microsoft products and i use apple computers and will never buy an XBox. My choices are meaningless to Microsoft since a lot of people will buy their products, but I'm not naive enough to think that I'm going to somehow impact Microsoft and wave my flag around like some kind of hero.

I wouldn't say your choice is meaningless. it costs Microsoft money, sure they wont be crying over it anytime soon, But as a business it's their job to shift units to every potential customer, you are a potential customer.

Message 8 of 58 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4184 posts

May 24, 2014

One fish in a ocean of PS4 lovers. You voice is heard but fades away fast muffled by cheers. One cant help but to find humor in your cries. Now they only fade away you have revealed your lies.

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it!
The reason to buy a NEW console is to play NEW Games not old ones.
Message 9 of 58 (510 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

May 24, 2014

OH LOOK

Message 10 of 58 (506 Views)