Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Re: Disappointed in the lack of Sony product compatibility with the PS4

May 25, 2014
My Samsung galaxy s4 doesnt work with my Samsung refrigerator. So I know your pain TC.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 31 of 58 (240 Views)
Sackboy
533 posts

May 25, 2014

Sounds like someone really wants an Apple-like product world. I don't understand why people keep asking for more from a video game console. It can connect to, say, another Sony peripheral, the Vita. Is that not enough? It can also connect to your mobile device via the Playstation App. What? that's not enough connectivity? Well, you could always wait for Apple to join the console race and then every Apple product in the world will work with it, but until that day, you could always play games on your PS4.

Message 32 of 58 (235 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

May 25, 2014

What ive notticed over the past year from last years E3 to now was that it almost seems like there is a group of indviduals who think that playing games on the PS4 is secondary to everything else that the console should be able to do. Not sure why that is, I look forward to the games on the horizon that are coming out for the system, Watch Dogs, The order 1886, The Division, not what the next update will include and not when ( insert feature here ) will come to the PS4

Message 33 of 58 (229 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
614 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2014

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

What ive notticed over the past year from last years E3 to now was that it almost seems like there is a group of indviduals who think that playing games on the PS4 is secondary to everything else that the console should be able to do. Not sure why that is, I look forward to the games on the horizon that are coming out for the system, Watch Dogs, The order 1886, The Division, not what the next update will include and not when ( insert feature here ) will come to the PS4

I agree on the games, even though none of those are my type of game. Are there really this many people out there who think that MP3s are the most important thing in the world? Could they not be more concerned with playing games until those secondary features are rolled out?

But, I follow the updates closely and wish that they would be more frequent so that Sony can maintain their commanding lead in this generation. Things release when they're done, and that's fine, but they obviously need a bigger team working on these. Take the PlayStation App. Every other app on my phone, from Youtube to my Flashlight, has updated about 20 times between each PS App update -- and the frakking thing still just takes you to your phones' browser for half of its 'features'. There are literally 3 man design teams out there updating expontentially faster than Sony, and that's not good. The Xbox One sucks, but it's improving rapidly because Microsoft is putting in effort.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 34 of 58 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

May 29, 2014

seraphim_falconu wrote:

Perhaps instead of whinging about what a persecuted victim you are, you should read some of these comments and take them to heart. There's valid reasoning here, whether you want to hear it or not. Nobody is "shutting you up". We are calling you out for saying foolish things, and you obviously have the capability to defend yourself.

You're in the minority here.  As the guy said earlier, media capability is number one on a very long list of requests by consumers.  Check the official poll.

It is foolish to say that Sony should have stuck with PS3 forever. That is not how consumer electronics works. This is such a preposterous statement that it would seem only a troll would make it.
Foolish of you.  I never said Sony should have stuck with the PS3 forever.  My point was how the PS3 evolved into a perfect machine.  The PS3 is the console king for a reason and it isn't just the games.  The PS3 has something for everyone, it includes everyone.  By being for games only, the PS4 alienates much of the community. 

It is foolish to say that Sony is killing the PS3. Do you have any idea how long Sony tends to support their last generation of consoles? A long, long, long time. Production and games for the PS2 just recently ended. Last year, a week before the PS4 launch.You're contradicting yourself here. 
You're contradicting yourself here, talking about the PS3 lasting forever and getting phased out at the same time.  Which one is it?

It is foolish to think that the PS4 is not going to get updates. 

Only because people are unhappy and expect more.  If it's so perfect there would be no reason to update it.  And according to the likes of you, people like me aren't allowed to vocalize any potential improvements.  If you had your way, nothing would ever be updated.

It is foolish to think that yelling at PlayStation Community members about an overdone topic will make its way to Shuhei Yoshida himself.

Keep lying.  I never said that.

If you're truly not a troll, then you've just been very thoughtless and hypocritical. You can't say that you're open to correction, leave the discussion, and then come back and complain about being corrected.

I don't mind being corrected.  It's kinda hard when you keep lying about the things I've said.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 35 of 58 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

May 29, 2014

seraphim_falconu wrote:
I agree on the games, even though none of those are my type of game. Are there really this many people out there who think that MP3s are the most important thing in the world? Could they not be more concerned with playing games until those secondary features are rolled out?

Millions of people are still holding out and if Sony wants to rake them in they will have to roll out those secondary features.  If everyone bought a PS4 there would be no desire amongst Sony to update anything.  You guys misunderstand.  With the PS3, Sony had something for everyone.  That is the key to dominating an industry.  You can't alienate people.  And that is exactly what the PS4 is doing right now, it's dividing the community.  The number one request on Sony's official poll is to get back videos, photos and music capability.  That's number one above every single request out there.  And rightfully so.  The PS3 was a perfect media hub and the PS4 should be the same.  Media is everything. Games, movies, music, photos, etc.  It did it all and the PS4 should do it all as well. 

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 36 of 58 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

May 29, 2014

Punfisher wrote:

seraphim_falconu wrote:

Perhaps instead of whinging about what a persecuted victim you are, you should read some of these comments and take them to heart. There's valid reasoning here, whether you want to hear it or not. Nobody is "shutting you up". We are calling you out for saying foolish things, and you obviously have the capability to defend yourself.

You're in the minority here.  As the guy said earlier, media capability is number one on a very long list of requests by consumers.  Check the official poll.

It is foolish to say that Sony should have stuck with PS3 forever. That is not how consumer electronics works. This is such a preposterous statement that it would seem only a troll would make it.
Foolish of you.  I never said Sony should have stuck with the PS3 forever.  My point was how the PS3 evolved into a perfect machine.  The PS3 is the console king for a reason and it isn't just the games.  The PS3 has something for everyone, it includes everyone.  By being for games only, the PS4 alienates much of the community. 

Then give Sony time to let the PS4 evolve into a great machine. You knew the PS3 took time and shuold expect Same frm PS4. Instead you demand features right now.

It is foolish to say that Sony is killing the PS3. Do you have any idea how long Sony tends to support their last generation of consoles? A long, long, long time. Production and games for the PS2 just recently ended. Last year, a week before the PS4 launch.You're contradicting yourself here. 
You're contradicting yourself here, talking about the PS3 lasting forever and getting phased out at the same time.  Which one is it?

It is foolish to think that the PS4 is not going to get updates. 

Only because people are unhappy and expect more.  If it's so perfect there would be no reason to update it.  And according to the likes of you, people like me aren't allowed to vocalize any potential improvements.  If you had your way, nothing would ever be updated.

It is foolish to think that yelling at PlayStation Community members about an overdone topic will make its way to Shuhei Yoshida himself.

Keep lying.  I never said that.

If you're truly not a troll, then you've just been very thoughtless and hypocritical. You can't say that you're open to correction, leave the discussion, and then come back and complain about being corrected.

I don't mind being corrected.  It's kinda hard when you keep lying about the things I've said.

Message 37 of 58 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

May 29, 2014

Patience these days, no one wants to give Sony time to work  on these features to ensure that they will work perfectly on the ps4. Everyone expects it to do everything right out of the box, as the sad truth everything takes time and this stuff will come down the road. 

Message 38 of 58 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

May 29, 2014

Imagine if car manufacturers decided we no longer needed power windows, air conditioning, stereos, etc.  All those things that have become standard in automobiles.  The basic function of a car is to drive it, right?  So who needs air conditioning or power windows?  Who needs a stereo or radio?  I don't know about you, but I'm not buying a new 2014 car that doesn't have air conditioning, power windows, stereo and what have you.  Can you imagine a car salesman, "quit crying about the features it doesn't have.  If you want all those features, you can buy this car and still drive your old one."  Not much of a sales pitch, is it?  Well it's exactly how many of you guys sound. 

The features of the PS3 have become standard.  They were standard then and they were still standard when the PS4 was being designed.  These standard innovations should have been included when the PS4 shipped.  I find it hard to believe Sony had absolutely no clue what was important to us when they designed the PS4.  Some of you only care about games.  That's fine.  But millions of people care about all types of media, not just games.  Sony found a solution that included all types of people, it worked than and it still works today.  Why mess that up?  I don't get it.

Yeah, I know at some point the PS4 will be updated and it will carry the torch for being the ultimate media hub.  And on that day I will buy one.  But Sony has known for a long time what is standard these days.  The PS4 should have been ready to go right out of the box.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 39 of 58 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2014

Comparing cars with a gaming console? That is the dumbest comparison I've seen and given the fact that ps4 sales are going strong without these features means not everybody thinks those features are major needs. So my advice is just be patient as these features will come.

Message 40 of 58 (141 Views)