Oct 27 2012
By: EzraMajor Uncharted Territory 1368 posts
Accepted Solution

Digital Download Prices..?

2 replies 73 views Edited Oct 27, 2012
Why are full games still the same $60 on Day 1 Digital? You would think that with the absence of manufacturing, packaging and shipping costs that the games would be at least a few dollars less.. I don't see any benefit to buying them on psn, it takes up more HDD space and can only be played on two consoles, also no resale value if it sucks (so far that hasn't been an issue, not big on selling games)
I'm just curious why there isn't some sort of discount for the consumer because the seller is definitely saving some cash on digital sales.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 1 of 3 (73 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14032 posts

Re: Digital Download Prices..?

Oct 27, 2012

Why is the price the same?

Because the publishers can get away with charging the same.  People will still buy, so why give up free cash?

I don't agree with it, but am not surprised.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 3 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: Digital Download Prices..?

Oct 27, 2012
That's just how the market works. As we move toward more indie titles, and more digital content being pushed, you'll see game prices drastically drop, and developers make more money. The digital market is still in its infancy, give it a few more years, when the next gen Xbox and PS come out, to get what you're looking for.
Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)
0 Likes