Nov 29 2013
By: ChangeDaBullets PlayStation MVP 4989 posts

Digital Copies vs Physical Copies my own opinion

13 replies 161 views Edited Nov 29, 2013

I personally think that the digital copies of playstation should be stored in your PSN and not the hard drive because what if your PS4 or PS3 breaks? That's why I like physical copies easier to keep and not worried about spending another $59.99

photo jogo-watch-dogs-signature-edition-ps3-1_zps43a78ce3.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: Digital Copies vs Physical Copies my own opinion

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

It is stored in both places one for playing and one for a rainy day.

If your console burst into flames today you can re download all of your purchases on a new console once you have it attached to your PSN account.

Indefinately IIRC. 

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Nov 29, 2013
IMO, now since you are REQ. to install the full game to play it, digital is a lot better. Plus it doesn't charge tax, saves 5$ for me.
Physical would be good if you intend on selling it or have a fetish about removing and inserting... if you know what I mean... disks.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (155 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Nov 30, 2013

I like digital because you buy once and can play on two consoles at the same time, its like buying two copies of the game!

If the game dont have online, its not worth it to me.

I speak of PS3, and dont yet own a PS4 to be clear.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

:smileysad: :smileyhappy:

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4989 posts

Nov 30, 2013

Ohhh I see.. So is the digital automatically saved to your PSN account so if your PS4 / PS3 breaks you can just buy a new console and re install it from your PSN ? If so hmm I may do that then..

photo jogo-watch-dogs-signature-edition-ps3-1_zps43a78ce3.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Nov 30, 2013

Yep

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Nov 30, 2013
Personally I prefer physical copy. I like to trade/sell my games or at least have that opportunity, especially for single player games or titles that release yearly. That being said, if the deal is good enough I'll buy digital without hesitation.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Nov 30, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Ohhh I see.. So is the digital automatically saved to your PSN account so if your PS4 / PS3 breaks you can just buy a new console and re install it from your PSN ? If so hmm I may do that then..

Just be aware you can not do this with movies you may have purchased.

You can also lose your game saves for many games, but if you have plus you can also upload those saves to remote servers!

Cheers.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

:smileysad: :smileyhappy:

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13417 posts

Nov 30, 2013

i prefer  Physical copies...

*the only 2 digital copies of ps3 games that i have are the two free games they gave away when PSN was hacked..

i dont' see the benefits of digital copies..  price? i can get physical copy at a cheaper price.

i took care of my games..

if there was a fire??

i have pictures of my game collection for insurance claiming purpose :smileyhappy:

i'm just not a digital games collector....

i'm still wearing an analog watch in the digital age  :smileyhappy:  LOL

use "QUOTE" when replying to another user .TOP RIGHT of the reply box
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PS3 and PSP owner.. yes. i still play the LAST gen systems.
DO NOT WANT YOUR PS4??? I'LL PAY YOU $50 FOR IT..
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Nov 30, 2013

I've always been a physical disc guy, movies, games, and even music I still rather buy the disc and wait a few days.  But with the PS4 and remote play, I'm rethinking it.   I have my PS4s in the basement.  So if I'm upstairs waiting for a signature delivery, would be nice just turning on the Vita, remote play and not having to go to the basement to switch the disc for whatever game.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (106 Views)
0 Likes