Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Re: Digital Copies vs Physical Copies my own opinion

Nov 30, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

i prefer  Physical copies...

*the only 2 digital copies of ps3 games that i have are the two free games they gave away when PSN was hacked..

i dont' see the benefits of digital copies..  price? i can get physical copy at a cheaper price.

i took care of my games..

if there was a fire??

i have pictures of my game collection for insurance claiming purpose Smiley Happy

i'm just not a digital games collector....

i'm still wearing an analog watch in the digital age  Smiley Happy  LOL

Ya the best reasons are cost, free replacement(For the life of PSn at least), and as I said the ability to gameshare with yourself and play single player online coop games as local split screen.

If you only have 1 PS3, and can find these same games cheaper elsewhere, and dont care about replacing them when they break, then I cant really see much point buying digital.  

I guess availability?  Some games can only be found on PSN.    

Convienience?  No disc swapping.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 11 of 14 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:
If you only have 1 PS3, and can find these same games cheaper elsewhere, and dont care about replacing them when they break, then I cant really see much point buying digital.  

I guess availability?  Some games can only be found on PSN.    

Convienience?  No disc swapping.

there's a reason  why i don't sell my games to gamestop

since i took care of my games.. not a single scratch on them ..  never had a game break on me before..

and i don't mind getting up after 5-6 hours of game time to switch out the disc....it's no trouble

i'm not interested in PSN exclusive games.. since in my opinion they are over price

i'm a budget gamer so i'm always looking out for good deals.. and with only playstation store.. the price is fixed.. it's more expensive than a physical copy elsewehre...

i can get a physcial disc for a game (new/sealed) for $15 while the digital copy is still $30...  and i don't need to be a PS+ member either..

sony knows there's a resistance to the all digital movement... which is why they have both forms available..

but the bottom line.. .unless i can get digital copy cheaper thant he physical and being able to sell it back to another gamer.. i'm not interested..

digital games is the reason why i didn't buy that PSvita amazon bundle..  since 2 of the games i already have.. and if i can't sell those games to someone else.. there's no use of owning 3 copies of the same games.. it's a waste....

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Nov 30, 2013
Seriously, who actually had a disc break on them? The last disc that wouldn't work for me (CD, DVD, Blu-ray, & Games) was Gears of War 2, which was known to have faulty discs & I got full refund. If you don't have children in your house I can't imagine why you would be getting scratches or breaks on your discs.
Message 13 of 14 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Nov 30, 2013
My wide says I am a child... But I am also hell on discs.
Message 14 of 14 (88 Views)
0 Likes