Sep 27 2012
By: zackk44 First Son 4 posts

Diesel truck pulling game!!!!

[ Edited ]
22 replies 5918 views Edited Jun 11, 2014

We need a truck/ tractor sled pulling game! I'm serious I'm a diesel fan I love them I own diesels. I'm not just saying this cuz I want the game theirs millions of people out there that are dieing for a sled pulling game. There will be ppl. That will go out and buy a ps3 just for that game.

added label feedback/opinion to learn more about labels please see here. Thanks! GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 23 (5,918 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: Diesel truck pulling game!!!!

Sep 27, 2012

This is one of those games that people will think they're just throwing darts at a massive dart board to get ideas for a new game....

This is an economy where it takes MILLIONS to create a decent game that HOPES to break even on.

A game that covers such a niche market would not to well..... look at what happened to the IHRA and NHRA drag racing games on the PS2 and PC.... never sold well and were tossed together..... the individual settings for each car never affected anything

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 23 (5,914 Views)
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote: look at what happened to the IHRA and NHRA drag racing games on the PS2 and PC.... never sold well and were tossed together..... the individual settings for each car never affected anything

well he didnt say the truck pull game HAD to suck did he?

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 3 of 23 (5,909 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Cascadien wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote: look at what happened to the IHRA and NHRA drag racing games on the PS2 and PC.... never sold well and were tossed together..... the individual settings for each car never affected anything

well he didnt say the truck pull game HAD to suck did he?

Looking at the history of stand alone motorsports games..... its very likely any game even for the current generation is going to suck.

The games that are successful in such a genre have been those that offer more than one aspect of racing

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 23 (5,885 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Sep 27, 2012

As long as it is titled:

The Red Man Chewing Tobacco Tractor Pull and Monster Truck Extravaganza,

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY,

Kids Under 13 GET IN FREE,

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW,

ITS AWESOMMMMMMME!!!

Yeah, I'm THERE!

Moble

Message 5 of 23 (5,881 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Sep 27, 2012
If ps takes the time to make the game good and real with setups and being able to build the truck it be a hit I live in the country and all us kids 12-28 age all have ps3 and we all go to truck pulls. And if you watch tv once and awhile you can find on fuel tv speed tv and a few randoms you'll see truck and tractor pulls. And this is a town off I'd say 150000 plus kids at least. And we're a small town I can be done ps should take it into consideration at how big the diesel trucks are now. Even gas pulling trucks. Its. Already layed out you have you stock. Stock mod. 2.8. 3.0 class ect. All the rankings are layed out. The trucks are already made the preformance parts are already out there. They just need to throw it together and work the ps magic.
Message 6 of 23 (5,875 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28827 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

zackk44 wrote:
If ps takes the time to make the game good and real with setups and being able to build the truck it be a hit I live in the country and all us kids 12-28 age all have ps3 and we all go to truck pulls. And if you watch tv once and awhile you can find on fuel tv speed tv and a few randoms you'll see truck and tractor pulls. And this is a town off I'd say 150000 plus kids at least. And we're a small town I can be done ps should take it into consideration at how big the diesel trucks are now. Even gas pulling trucks. Its. Already layed out you have you stock. Stock mod. 2.8. 3.0 class ect. All the rankings are layed out. The trucks are already made the preformance parts are already out there. They just need to throw it together and work the ps magic.

Consider that over 22 MILLION people in the New York Metropolitan area who have no idea what a diesel truck pull is, and many in the city don't even own cars, who would gladly buy a new football, baseball, basketball, or hockey game. So if you're a game maker, do you want to make a game that will sell MILLIONS of copies, or a hundred fifty thousand? I admit, I had no idea what it was until I saw this topic, and looked on YouTub. A hundred fifty thousand people at best is just not a big enough audience to pour the amount of money into making a game about this.  The audience is just too small. 

Message 7 of 23 (5,866 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Sep 27, 2012

zackk44 wrote:

I am HEAVILY into all sorts of motorsports to include two-wheels... Isle of Man TT, Formula 3000, Cart/Indy, Formula 1, Speed World Challenge, American Grand Prix, Super Moto, Moto GP, American LeMans, NHRA drag racing, IHRA drag racing etc etc..... I own just about every game that associates with motorsports, yes including the terrible ones (this includes the recent NFS games that are just pure crap)

My first car that I built in my own garage without sponsors. I didn't win many official events due to being put in the wrong class due to having two power adders, but I did win numerous street races for money. 

My second car built out of pocket, and I still own to this day. Won almost every event I entered, I used to street race with this car also, but no one would line up against me, except diesels who thought their 2000lb-ft of torque would be enough. Now its being built with a race motor before I sell it. My personal best in this car is a 9.29ET@146mph, consistent 10.0-9.6@139mph with a 1.6 60'
I never towed this car to any track either unless going out of state

Race RX7

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 23 (5,861 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 29, 2012
And there's 24 million ppl. In Texas all there is out there are diesel trucks. I'm in pa and my truck came from Texas. How's about we have Playstation start in on this idea. It's not like there are games out there that are horrible and games that are amazing. Every game is a hit or miss
Message 9 of 23 (5,835 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 29, 2012
And some fall in the middle
Message 10 of 23 (5,834 Views)
0 Likes