Uncharted Territory
900 posts

Re: Did anyone else disable trophies?

Feb 24, 2014
I view them as a game-within-a-game, and play to get them from that mindset.

I also think that some of the obscure ones are added by devs because they want you to see every aspect of what they've built, and know which things people are likely to miss. Getting a full set in a game kind of feels like you have gotten every piece of a game a developer meant you to enjoy.

With that said, there's always those retardo ones that make you do an insane task over and over until you want to gouge your eyes out. I'm all for skipping those, lol.
Message 21 of 34 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3283 posts

Feb 24, 2014

I myself have Zero reason to hide my trophies, i don't see any logical reason for it except if you don't want anyone to "compare" your trophies.

Trophies were implemented to add more challenge to make you want to play the game more then just the story, yes some prefer to not collect these but for some the challenge gives them their $ value out of the game.

I will agree some trophies for specific games are rather easy but it gives you a sense of accomplishment.

People who brag about trophies are just that...Braggers...let them shine in their own glory.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 22 of 34 (129 Views)
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

darkforcegod wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Aftcomet wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

I have them turned off as well, It's kinda nice playing on my 3DS and knowing I can just simply play a game. I believe that's the reason Nintendo won't really adopt a real A/T system, it breaks the immersion in the game. 

THIS is exactly why. I miss the PS1/PS2 games. You played games for fun, not for virtual rewards.

There is no obligation for you to actively seek out trophies. They're optional. You can still play games for fun.

Why people hate this?  I dont think that seeing a trophy pop up is bad.  People if you like to collect them its okay if not then its okay but what bad thing is it?  I dont think that trophies are a bad thing and are damaging the gaming world. Please. 

I'm not entirely sure how you two got obligation, and bad out of what I said. I personally don't hate trophies, but when your playing a story heavy game and that ping noise happens it' breaks the momentum/immersion in a game. I went back and played MGS4 after it got a trophy patch, and during heavy moments I kept getting trohpies. So I ended up turning off the notification for them. 

Stop assuming there is a dislike of trophies/achivements in my statement. I just hate that noise popping up when Snake is getting fried like bacon. 

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 23 of 34 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Getting trophies adds replay value to any game. Once ive gone though a game going back and getting trophies is something Ive done over the past year, adds value to your purchase and I enjoy doing it.

Message 24 of 34 (120 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Feb 24, 2014
I disabled my trophies because I found the notification bell distracting when I played. I also don't care enough about my gamer level to complete the mind-numbing tasks involved in achieving platinum status.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 25 of 34 (112 Views)
MVP Support
9311 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Nah i haven't disable my trophies i enjoy collecting them but that doesn't mean i'm going to play any game just to get trophies.I only platinum games i enjoy and if the challenge is something i can take.

KANE-FIRE

Message 26 of 34 (107 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 24, 2014
I have to agree with Kane there.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 27 of 34 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I disabled my trophies because I found the notification bell distracting when I played. I also don't care enough about my gamer level to complete the mind-numbing tasks involved in achieving platinum status.

You get that distracted by the trophy bell? **bleep** you must  find it very hard to have distraction free gaming if something like that gets to you. Do you play in a locked room down in a basement away from any human / animal / outside world distractions?

Do you notiify UPS / Fed Ex not to deliver on specfic days b/c you might be playing a game and dont want to be distracted? Do you inform your neighbors not to mow their lawn during the summer times when you are playing a game? Have you told santa claus to come back at a better time b/c you were close to the end of a game and did not want the  "distraction" 

Message 28 of 34 (98 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Feb 24, 2014
I'm actually pretty good at zoning out and ignoring my wife and kids when I play but the little icon that pops up in right hand corner is very distracting to me so I simply turned off the notification. Why would I want a worthless feature (to me) clutering up my screen and making annoying sounds when I have the option to ignore it?
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 29 of 34 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10077 posts

Feb 24, 2014

I wish I could disable login/logout notifications while having message notifications enabled. Not that I get messages so often.

As far as trophy notifications go, no I do not disable it. Doesn't really bother me and I am a trophy hunter to some extent. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 30 of 34 (88 Views)
0 Likes