Survivor
2394 posts

Re: Did anyone else disable trophies?

Feb 24, 2014

Aftcomet wrote:

goodSuM wrote:

I haven't.  The fact that you could win real items with them is kinda cool, and an incentive to keep collecting.

Exactly what real items could you win?

Helgast costumes, Skyrim weapons, physical concept art...

costume

costume

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 11 of 34 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4330 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Trophies are simply just bragging in community that you have them; and comparing to a friend is not a good idea, it ruins friendship.

Gran Turismo Fan | Love Live Fan | PC Technician

Gran Turismo 7 Suggestions

Message 12 of 34 (351 Views)
Wastelander
778 posts

Feb 24, 2014

I like collecting them, and honestly don't know why.

Follow me!
Twitter Twitch
Message 13 of 34 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3820 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Trophies are a personal scrapbook of what and how much you did in every game you played. I love them I am not a trophies hunter but like getting them. My completion rate is only %20 over all games I own. I have 1 platinum from Walking dead known to be the easiest game to get one in. Hiding or disabling trophies is just that hiding them. If you don't care about them why bother.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 14 of 34 (342 Views)
Fender Bender
3416 posts

Feb 24, 2014

PLatinum in InFmaous!

other than that one, I no care about platinum.

However, I like when it gives me a trophy for doing something hidden in a game.

Trophies at checkpoints are lame. (maybe unless you crush a boss)

Didn't know you could disable trophies.

One day I'll go for platinum again. Maybe Second Son?

guitar guru 2012
Message 15 of 34 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

I used to hunt trophies a lot as well, just like the OP, until I too "realized it was all for nothing. "

I didn't know you can disable trophies. Are you talking about PS4? I know you can hide them on your PS3, but to disable them as well?

I have probably over 100 games, most of them received from PS+, but I have maybe 8 platinums. But then again, I probably haven't even played half of those games.

Message 16 of 34 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2785 posts

Feb 24, 2014

eh. I had to start another account to get rid of sub issues. It's obviously a lot to start over (in my sig)

But I still hunt them. I don't have nearly as much time as I did when I was younger, but they're fun to get. I think it's just a matter of taste. Even when achievements didn't exist, I spent hours doing trivial things just to get them done (max level, collectibles and such). There are other things I don't like that other people seem to. For example, I tend to find most online games extremely boring and repetitive,  but people seem to find these games satisfying. To each their own.

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 17 of 34 (316 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Feb 24, 2014
I enjoy trophies, not because I want bragging rights, nor does it make me feel special, but because I actually get more out of a game with them compared to without.

Pre-trophies/achievements, I would finish a game and shelf it. Now with the inclusion of them, I tend to play the game more and do obscure things I wouldn't normally do. Yes, some of them are just idiotic, but some are challenging.

One thing I don't do is play the game FOR them, in fact, the first time I play through a game I generally don't even look at the achievements. I do that once I have completed the game to squeez a bit more out of it.
Message 18 of 34 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

i've never really cared about trophies or achivements, there are there to give a satisfaction of kind for completing in-game tasks, but i never really cared for them.

i was checking one of these psn card generators (psnprofile) and it's sais you got 18.5 % of achivments. i said to myself "ok, good to know, now what?" should i go crazy and unlock them all? no i won't, i have life and other games to play.

there are rare moments that a trophy unlocks a very cool outfit or gamemode in the game and i'm still not done with that said game so i try to get it as long as it's not frustraiting.

Message 19 of 34 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 24, 2014

darknovaxp wrote:

Aftcomet wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

I have them turned off as well, It's kinda nice playing on my 3DS and knowing I can just simply play a game. I believe that's the reason Nintendo won't really adopt a real A/T system, it breaks the immersion in the game. 

THIS is exactly why. I miss the PS1/PS2 games. You played games for fun, not for virtual rewards.

There is no obligation for you to actively seek out trophies. They're optional. You can still play games for fun.

Why people hate this?  I dont think that seeing a trophy pop up is bad.  People if you like to collect them its okay if not then its okay but what bad thing is it?  I dont think that trophies are a bad thing and are damaging the gaming world. Please. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 20 of 34 (289 Views)
0 Likes