Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2485 posts

Re: Did anyone else disable trophies?

Feb 24, 2014

ID-69 wrote:

I wish I could disable login/logout notifications while having message notifications enabled. Not that I get messages so often.

As far as trophy notifications go, no I do not disable it. Doesn't really bother me and I am a trophy hunter to some extent. 

I've mastered the art of zoning out sign-in notifications yet still noticing messages. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 34 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14130 posts

Feb 24, 2014

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Aftcomet wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

I have them turned off as well, It's kinda nice playing on my 3DS and knowing I can just simply play a game. I believe that's the reason Nintendo won't really adopt a real A/T system, it breaks the immersion in the game. 

THIS is exactly why. I miss the PS1/PS2 games. You played games for fun, not for virtual rewards.

There is no obligation for you to actively seek out trophies. They're optional. You can still play games for fun.

Why people hate this?  I dont think that seeing a trophy pop up is bad.  People if you like to collect them its okay if not then its okay but what bad thing is it?  I dont think that trophies are a bad thing and are damaging the gaming world. Please. 

I'm not entirely sure how you two got obligation, and bad out of what I said. I personally don't hate trophies, but when your playing a story heavy game and that ping noise happens it' breaks the momentum/immersion in a game. I went back and played MGS4 after it got a trophy patch, and during heavy moments I kept getting trohpies. So I ended up turning off the notification for them. 

Stop assuming there is a dislike of trophies/achivements in my statement. I just hate that noise popping up when Snake is getting fried like bacon. 

There was no assumption there as I was not replying directly to you, but Aftcomet. From what I gather Aftcomet feels, and this is a sentiment I see far too often, that trophies somehow compel you to play the game for virtual rewards and not fun. Even though there is not obligation to obtain trophies and fun can be had in obtaining them. His statement, "You played games for fun, not for virtual rewards" could not be interpreted in any other way. I can only assume Darkforcegod was adding on to what I said. 

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 34 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Feb 24, 2014

darknovaxp wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Aftcomet wrote:

GIRUGUMESH wrote:

I have them turned off as well, It's kinda nice playing on my 3DS and knowing I can just simply play a game. I believe that's the reason Nintendo won't really adopt a real A/T system, it breaks the immersion in the game. 

THIS is exactly why. I miss the PS1/PS2 games. You played games for fun, not for virtual rewards.

There is no obligation for you to actively seek out trophies. They're optional. You can still play games for fun.

Why people hate this?  I dont think that seeing a trophy pop up is bad.  People if you like to collect them its okay if not then its okay but what bad thing is it?  I dont think that trophies are a bad thing and are damaging the gaming world. Please. 

I'm not entirely sure how you two got obligation, and bad out of what I said. I personally don't hate trophies, but when your playing a story heavy game and that ping noise happens it' breaks the momentum/immersion in a game. I went back and played MGS4 after it got a trophy patch, and during heavy moments I kept getting trohpies. So I ended up turning off the notification for them. 

Stop assuming there is a dislike of trophies/achivements in my statement. I just hate that noise popping up when Snake is getting fried like bacon. 

There was no assumption there as I was not replying directly to you, but Aftcomet. From what I gather Aftcomet feels, and this is a sentiment I see far too often, that trophies somehow compel you to play the game for virtual rewards and not fun. Even though there is not obligation to obtain trophies and fun can be had in obtaining them. His statement, "You played games for fun, not for virtual rewards" could not be interpreted in any other way. I can only assume Darkforcegod was adding on to what I said. 

I meant no harm. LIke Darknovaxp said I was just adding to the post.  I just do get how people can get a dislike to something like trophies because it pop up on the screen lol. Im sorry I what I said was mistaken.

Need a Hand? Contact Me.

Proud Member Of The PlayStation LifeStyle Ambassador Program.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 34 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Feb 24, 2014

ID-69 wrote:

I wish I could disable login/logout notifications while having message notifications enabled. Not that I get messages so often.

As far as trophy notifications go, no I do not disable it. Doesn't really bother me and I am a trophy hunter to some extent. 

THIS X 10

PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
Consoles: PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | X360 | XBOX | NES
Handhelds: Vita | 3DS XL | Gameboy Advance | Gameboy Color | Gameboy Pocket | iOS | Android
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 34 (141 Views)
0 Likes