Highlighted
Mar 27 2013
By: TheAncientPanda First Son 8 posts

Did I screwed Up?

8 replies 173 views Edited Mar 27, 2013
Hi people, I recently just got rid of My perfectly fine working Xbox Slim and bought myself the new SuperSlim PS3 God Of War Bundle. I'm glad I finally Got a PS3 but reading through the forums and Real life stories about how garbage PS3's are in regards to durability, and a bunch of other crap like those **bleep** Constant Updates, I hate that **bleep**. Did I mess up by switching over?
Message 1 of 9 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Re: Did I screwed Up?

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

TheAncientPanda wrote:
Hi people, I recently just got rid of My perfectly fine working Xbox Slim and bought myself the new SuperSlim PS3 God Of War Bundle. I'm glad I finally Got a PS3 but reading through the forums and Real life stories about how garbage PS3's are in regards to durability, and a bunch of other crap like those **bleep** Constant Updates, I hate that **bleep**. Did I mess up by switching over?

No not at all, PS3s are quite reliable, so far this year there has only been one update and it took only 6-8 minutes to install. Besides updates make the PS3 better by providing more features and the such. And congrats on your purchase of a PS3 system! You now get to experience all the great exclusives PlayStation has to offer like God of War. 

btw, Welcome to the PlayStation Community and remember we are always here to help and have some fun! Smiley Very Happy

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 2 of 9 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Mar 27, 2013

It isn't without incident that PlayStation 3s do have a failure rate. That doesn't mean everyone's PlayStation 3 breaks, but it has happened to many... just like the same has happened on the 360 side. My own PlayStation 3 Slim I've been using regularly since early 2010. Three years in running, it hasn't failed me yet.

While there may come a day when your PlayStation 3 bites the dust in some manner, obviously that won't happen today, and as long as you don't mistreat it then that may make it so it will never happen. Worrying about the possibilities of the system's death rate shouldn't be the first thing on your mind though, as there are tons of PlayStation 3 games out there you can buy right now and in the future. With such big ones as this year's addition of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, The Last of Us, and Beyond: Two Souls, you have a few exclusive selections already that can potentially keep your appeal ratio busy.

Message 3 of 9 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56263 posts

Mar 27, 2013

TheAncientPanda wrote:

You'll find people saying the same thing about the red ring of death the xbox's used to have.   There really aren't many problems with the slims that I've read.

Message 4 of 9 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1626 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

TheAncientPanda wrote:
The only garbage thing about the Ps3 is its durability
Sony Dishes out cheap **bleep** Ps3 that don't last long and the constant Updates are so annoying -.-

You seem to already know enough about the playstation so why are you here asking  feedback? I mean in those 20 minutes between these two post...how much updates did you do? smh or wait, did u jus copy and paste what someone else said ? How can you dish info on something to another person when you are here trying to find out about it yourself. You sure this is your first ps3? lol xbox fanboy undercover.

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 5 of 9 (113 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

I have a slim and it hasn't failed me yet either. Going on 4 years I think?  In any case You don't always read about how much people love their stuff as much as when people complain. Especially on a forum. It's the nature of the beast.

Welcome to PlayStation! Enjoy your system and God of War Ascension! Look for me in the arena Spartan!

Message 6 of 9 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Mar 27, 2013
There's always a chance for the system to fail, but I've had my PS3 Slim since December 2009 and it still works perfectly fine. Just because an online source claims it will break doesn't mean it will. If you take care of it correctly, I doubt it'll break or fail.
Message 7 of 9 (94 Views)
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

Game for yourself. If you buy a system, buy it because it appeals to you and fits you'r needs. Silly to read a bunch of bad reviews then get worried when there is just as many good reviews. Don't be narrowminded

Message 8 of 9 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56263 posts

Mar 27, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I have a slim and it hasn't failed me yet either. Going on 4 years I think?  In any case You don't always read about how much people love their stuff as much as when people complain. Especially on a forum. It's the nature of the beast.

Welcome to PlayStation! Enjoy your system and God of War Ascension! Look for me in the arena Spartan!

my personal experience is the same with my slim, no issue at all.  I did have an older one get the famous YLOD though. 

Message 9 of 9 (88 Views)
0 Likes