Aug 01 2012
By: ICAnomad First Son 2 posts

Delete all messages button

6 replies 109 views Edited Aug 1, 2012
I play alot of games but have recently got on the internet side of things. Until I was deleting messages on my PS3. Then deleting a whole mess of them from My PS Vita. All messages deleted I was happy. Then IT happened.......... I was getting a message while outside smoking a cigarette & EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE came back. Sony PLAYSTATION what the darn. Help out
Message 1 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Delete all messages button

Aug 1, 2012
I think its because the psn isn't "unified" I guess is the right word? I sent my brother a message on my vita, got the response and deleted the conversation. Turned on the ps3 the next day, and there was his response. Same deal with trophies, can't see vita trophies on ps3. This is just an assumption though.
Message 2 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Aug 1, 2012

ICAnomad wrote:
I play alot of games but have recently got on the internet side of things. Until I was deleting messages on my PS3. Then deleting a whole mess of them from My PS Vita. All messages deleted I was happy. Then IT happened.......... I was getting a message while outside smoking a cigarette & EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE came back. Sony PLAYSTATION what the darn. Help out

In essence you are getting the message twice. I don't entirely know the logic behind it but basically you end up with 2 physical copies of the message on 2 different devices. You have to delete the messages on each system seperately. This is a nuisance, I'll agree. You would think that it would be like regular email. If you delete the message from your email at home and then you check it at work it's still gone.

Message 3 of 7 (94 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Aug 1, 2012
I Noticed that to if i get a message it comes on both the PS3 and the VITA kinda annoying erasing both thats something i can admit im not a big fan of
Message 4 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9698 posts

Aug 1, 2012
What i don't like is that everytime i want to view my messages or friends list, it keeps on recconnecting and reloading the list...
Message 5 of 7 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Aug 1, 2012

I would also like a "delete all" button for my messages on the PlayStation Vita, but I don't think we will see the option to delete a message on BOTH the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 seeing as the messages are stored on the console.

Message 6 of 7 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4463 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Yea its very annoying when every message i've gotten on the ps3 shows up on the vita too. Takes way too long to delete them all. We need this option.

Message 7 of 7 (65 Views)
0 Likes