Feb 13 2013
By: tom-10122 First Son 1 posts

Dear Sony, stop complaining

27 replies 333 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

Stop complaining about the Vita's poor sales, its your fault. It is an excellent device that would sell itself in any other companies hands. If you had a half decent advertising team, stopped false advertising. Heck even just add Remote play for every game and you would be set, It's not even hard to do . People with hacked ps3's do it already.  Rant done.

Message 1 of 28 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: Dear Sony, stop complaining

Feb 13, 2013

I agree with you brother... plain and simple. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 28 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Feb 13, 2013
Remote play with hacked ps3 systems have horrible audio sound with every game.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 3 of 28 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 13, 2013
Where did Sony complain about the PSV's sales? Last they talked about it the gave the overused, pointless excuse of "It's a marathon, not a sprint" so that they could avoid saying what they really thought about sales~.
Message 4 of 28 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Sony marketing team was pretty bad, lets see how they do now they have signed a new company lol, hopefully the new guys dont forget the psvita in their tv commercials.

Message 5 of 28 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013
From Kaz to Yoshida to Tretton they have all stated that the current sales have been acceptable on the lower end of the scale... They acknowledge that they have work to do but not one has "complained" about low sales... Now consumers have complained plenty...
Message 6 of 28 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Feb 13, 2013

deaofly wrote:

What people don't understand is that Remoteplay needs to take away 1 of the PS3's SPEs (for data compression) and consume 8-10MB of RAM. Sounds small, but for a PS3's tight specs it's a pretty big deal. (Source)

"Forcing" remoteplay would be either (1) require patching of all games to accomodate for lack of 1 SPE and reduced RAM or (2) result in a less than optimal experience (aka. crashing, audio stutter, video stutter, etc.).

Message 7 of 28 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

deaofly wrote:

What people don't understand is that Remoteplay needs to take away 1 of the PS3's SPEs (for data compression) and consume 8-10MB of RAM. Sounds small, but for a PS3's tight specs it's a pretty big deal. (Source)

"Forcing" remoteplay would be either (1) require patching of all games to accomodate for lack of 1 SPE and reduced RAM or (2) result in a less than optimal experience (aka. crashing, audio stutter, video stutter, etc.).

I have seen Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, Battlefield 3, Grand Theft Auto running on psvita without crashing, how is that possible? 

Message 8 of 28 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

remanutd5 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

deaofly wrote:

I have seen Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, Battlefield 3, Grand Theft Auto running on psvita without crashing, how is that possible? 

I honestly don't know. Never had a hacked PS3. And no, I don't have the intention of having one. Smiley Tongue

My best guess, however, is that that the game doesn't last very long. I've seen a lot of videos on Youtube showing it working, but it's *always* the first 5-10 minutes after it boots up. Why only the first 5-10 minutes? How about an hour or two in the game? Is it even stable enough to last one or two hours of play?

And there's very noticeable input lag, audio stutter and not to mention none of them play online. Whether the PS3 is banned or the game crashes a lot online is not really answered in the video.

The only way I'd believe the remote play is stable is if someone shows it running after 2-3 hours of Skyrim straight (no quitting and loading allowed), at which point the horrendous memory leak bug would have set in. And after that, an hour of God of War III and GT5. Then throw in LittleBigPlanet 2 for 1 hour, loading many intensive user-created levels. And that's with active gameplay, no idling in the menus allowed.

I know the above is the worst-case scenario for remote play, but if it's REALLY that stable it should play normally on the conditions outlined above.

Message 9 of 28 (216 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Doppel's post about remote play lacking b/c of the PS3's specs is the reason I'm excited for February 20th, where I hope they announce that the PS4 will be powerful enough for remote play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Message 10 of 28 (191 Views)
0 Likes