Nov 19 2013
By: I-DISINCARNATE-I Lombax Warrior 92 posts

Dear Sony, shame on you......

34 replies 956 views Edited Nov 19, 2013
1 million ps4's sold the first day. Just the console alone has made you 400 million dollars on that day. With all the games and accessories purchased you are probably over 500 million easy. That's why this whole broken ps4 problem sickens me. Mine like several thousand others got a new broken ps4 right out of the box. The reports range from waiting 1-6 weeks to get a replacement or repair and now I'm hearing people are being told it could be February. Terrible business. You couldn't have been a little less greedy and only profited 399 million and set aside a stock of consoles to replace the DOA's, broken, error coded ones for all of us who handed you $400 of our hard earned money to use your product. I can't believe the business practices you have implemented with this launch. 2 hours on hold to ultimately be told you're sending a repair box. You can't hire some more people to man the phone lines with all your millions upon millions of dollars? I would also share the blame with all the retail stores as well such as gamestop, best buy, ect..... For they too did not keep a stock just in case. Gamestop will not even refund you your money for this broken out of the box paperweight. They will exchange it but guess what? They have none and Sony has none to send them. A disgraceful debacle of epic proportions. You have angered and disappointed so many. You didn't even kiss us first. Shame on you Sony, Shane on you.......
Message 1 of 35 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
24 posts

Re: Dear Sony, shame on you......

Nov 19, 2013
I called Friday, got my RMA Box Shipped out via FedEx Overnight. Got the Box yesterday, boxed up the console and sent it back within 10 minutes. They receive the console in Laredo, TX today and then ship me out a BRAND NEW PS4 today as well that I will receive tomorrow! I think that's pretty awesome service actually! I don't know who told you 1-6 weeks, but that's not at all how Sony is handling this situation.
Message 2 of 35 (886 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Yeah I don't know where you are getting those estimates. I am receiving a box today, I will ship the pre-paid box with my dead PS4 overnighted, they receive it tomorrow and also ship out my PS4 that SAME DAY also overnighted. So, the process should only take up to 5 business days.

Am I mad that my PS4 doesn't work? Yes, however I understand how technology fails sometimes and that's the risk you assume when you purchase a day 1 product.
Message 3 of 35 (871 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Nov 19, 2013
At the end of the day, it's all about the bottom line for Sony..

What gets me is the new requirement to pay at the least $50 a year just to play online. And you know there's the capability to play ps3 games on a new console but nope; like the PS 3, I'm sure it will be a pay service just to get a game I liked on the 3 and play it on my 4. No MP3 play on PS4, are ya kidding me? Oh wait, I'm sure there's a pay service for that.

Just when I thought PS was going a different direction than their Xbox rivals, they're just doing the same thing by trying to squeeze every penny they can out us for the ability to use their devices.

At least make your games $49.99 and make us feel a little better about it.
Message 4 of 35 (851 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
51 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

Do you realize that the percentage of faulty units is something like 0.5%? That's pretty good imo. Sh*t happens when you're mass producing technology. It happens to Apple with their screens and batteries all the time. It has nothing to do with being "greedy" - I will never understand this comment. What you should do is calm down and patiently await a replacement system. 

EDIT: also, this topic has nothing to do with Support. You should take this to General Chat since it is literally just "General Complaining".

Message 5 of 35 (834 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Nov 19, 2013
I would be very mad as well if my ps4 did not work. But you will get a replacement if you want. For not having mp3 and all the other stuff, that will be added later. The ps4 will be a lot different a year from now just look at ps3 and Xbox when they first came out till now huge difference. But it must suck waiting so long and getting a faulty ps4
Message 6 of 35 (799 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Nov 19, 2013

@I-DISINCARNATE-I 

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear you got a bad unit man, seriously. You do realize that there isn't anything that has never been faulty when it comes to mass production of products? As mad as you are at Sony, Microsoft will have the same issue when X-BONE comes out, trust me. They will have faulty units and their users will rage in the forums. As far as the whole "until February" thing, that's false. I have a close friend who works at Sony, he says it's first come, first serve. Send it overnight so they get it quicker and fix it then. That will shave off alot of waiting time.

@wquinn 

I completely agree with your entire statement.

"Don't forget to give Kudos!"
Message 7 of 35 (784 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Estimates are from this forum, game faqs, amazon, ect... Where does anyone learn about others issues? From forums like these. I'm just a regular joe. The most common answer is 3-5 weeks. I've read articles saying it could be February. I don't work at Sony or have inside info, but you can look almost anywhere and see these responses. When hundreds of people are saying the same thing there is most likely some truth to it. You can't find a store anywhere that has a ps4. I bought at gamestop. The manager told me she doesn't expect any till January and she can't exchange mine. You 2 are very lucky. I also understand with a million consoles there will be some issues, but there are a wide range of problems killing these machines. And for $400 I should not have to assume it will be broken. But even still I should be able to just take it back and get a working one. These stores have no stock or any idea when they will get more. That falls on Sony. They should have a number set aside for these possibilities. Only time will tell but I still think this whole thing has been handled poorly. I can only sit here and be jealous of you guys for getting good service. But most of us have not received your experience.
Message 8 of 35 (783 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Yah - I feel like I gotta weigh in here.  I got one of the bad units - consider it partially my fault for buying a first release in the first place.  I waited until yesterday, was on hold for about an hour - but then zipped right thru the process with a very pleasant service rep.  Could be getting my return box today - tomorrow at latest - and it was implied to me, as others have stated, that they're just gonna put a new unit in the box and send it right back.

Do I think Sony sacrificed QC to hit a roll out date?  Yup - and on that issue I agree, shame on them.  But their response to the problem thus far has been quick and to the point.  So yea for them on that.  Not thrilled that I had the problem - but I'm certainly not getting jerked around in resolving it.

Message 9 of 35 (765 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Nov 19, 2013
And yes I'm whining, complaining, b****ing. My brand new ps4 doesn't work and it bothers me. So sorry to all that I might sound like a little girl crying but it is what it is. Some of you might join me if your new toy came out of the box broken as well. If I get mine back quickly ( box is on the way) then I will come back on here and eat crow.
Message 10 of 35 (761 Views)
0 Likes