21 posts

Re: Dear Sony, Please let me change my PSN ID

Nov 13, 2009
Message 10 of 67 (341 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Dec 11, 2009
looollll that sucks man i wish i could change mine too, but mine isnt nearly as bad as yours LOOLLL
Message 11 of 67 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2000 posts

Dec 11, 2009

lilgummibear wrote:

My girlfriend bought me my PS3 as a present.  I wasn't very much of an online gamer.  When I chose my PSN, I let my girlfriend pick it.  (She says that sometimes I look like a lilgummibear, I still don't get it).  I didn't anticipate playing online, but now I play online all the time.

In short, I am tired of being lilgummibear.  I always get messages from dudes hitting on me, thinking that I am a girl.  I cannot even talk in a lobby without being shouted down for having a "gay" ID.  I have endured having this PSN ID long enough, and I want to change it to something more fitting.  But I don't want to lose my DLC, trophies, online progress, and friends.

I really think that this is a feature that should be implemented.  I realize that some people would abuse it and change their IDs every week, but there has to be a way to prevent that.

I am just tired of being lilgummibear. 

i think that's endearing. you should keep the name as is. your girlfriend put "love and thought" into it. and...providing you two are still together, you should keep the name. i mean, wouldn't it strike ire and grief into your enemies for their screen to show they've been killed by "lilgummibear"? i think that's awesome.
"The Difference Between Vengeance and Redemption is That You Usually Have to Die After the Latter. You Pay a Heavier Price for Vengeance in the Long Run Though...and the Extra Weight that's Lifted off Your Shoulders, not to mention your Soul, that Redemption Provides Might Just be Enough to Sway You."
Message 12 of 67 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2636 posts

Dec 11, 2009
Yeah I'd like to change my ID too but they don't have an option for it. It's not impossible though. My friend actually got to change his ID by being banned for having an inappropriate name. He had to call customer service and tell them the new ID. The only thing that happened was his friend list was wiped so all you have to do is remember your friends.
Message 13 of 67 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Dec 11, 2009

aw no more lilgummibear?!?! lol jk bro that really sucks...

i think sony should let you change your id...or transfer all your trophies DLC etc...to a new account you gon make if that's even possible...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 14 of 67 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1390 posts

Dec 11, 2009

It would be dandy, if Sony allowed us at least ONE opportunity to change our PSN ID... Maybe a paid instance?  That's an interesting question: Would someone pay to change their PSN ID?

Hosted by imgur.com
"He who cannot obey himself is commanded...The devotion of the greatest is to encounter risk and danger, and play dice for death...And life itself confided this secret to me: 'Behold,' it said, 'I am that which must always overcome itself.'"
—Thus Spoke Zarathustra: Pt. II, On Self-Overcoming
Message 15 of 67 (341 Views)
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jan 4, 2010
I would pay to change my PSN ID
Message 16 of 67 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1449 posts

Jan 4, 2010
I would pay to get my username changed. I made my account Febuary 7th I alrealy had a PS3 for 2 years. So Jason Bay was still on the RedSox. so i did my username RedSoxCrazy44. 44 being Jason Bay's number. Now Jason Bay is off the team and I want to change my username but I've spent 70$ on PSN 55 friends and 217 trophies. I dont blame u lilgummibear. maybe Sony should let us change our usernames. But wait ho would our friends know it;s us? My idea is under your new username it can say(ie formarly lilgummibear) IDK all im saying is alot of people would love to change their username
Message 17 of 67 (341 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Jan 4, 2010
If you do create a new account with a different email address, would you still be able to download stuff that you have bought from the PS store from the old account?
Message 18 of 67 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jan 4, 2010
Only if its on the same system since some downloads are able to be transferred from user to user
Message 19 of 67 (341 Views)
0 Likes