Highlighted
Feb 04 2011
By: lilgummibear Wastelander 789 posts

Dear Sony, Please let me change my PSN ID

[ Edited ]
66 replies 2411 views Edited Aug 4, 2014

My girlfriend bought me my PS3 as a present.  I wasn't very much of an online gamer.  When I chose my PSN, I let my girlfriend pick it.  (She says that sometimes I look like a lilgummibear, I still don't get it).  I didn't anticipate playing online, but now I play online all the time.

In short, I am tired of being lilgummibear.  I always get messages from dudes hitting on me, thinking that I am a girl.  I cannot even talk in a lobby without being shouted down for having a "***" ID.  I have endured having this PSN ID long enough, and I want to change it to something more fitting.  But I don't want to lose my DLC, trophies, online progress, and friends.

I really think that this is a feature that should be implemented.  I realize that some people would abuse it and change their IDs every week, but there has to be a way to prevent that.

I am just tired of being lilgummibear.

Mod Edit: Added label. Click here for more info on labels

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Message 23 of 67 (2,411 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Re: Dear Sony, Please let me change my PSN ID

Nov 13, 2009

It doesn't matter how much you dislike your ID, they won't change it.

Your fault for letting your girlfriend pick that ID...

Message 1 of 67 (2,411 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 13, 2009

haha hey baby what's yo' numba?

jk, that sux dude.

buy a new ps3?

Message 2 of 67 (2,411 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
789 posts

Nov 13, 2009
I can create another account, but then I would lose everything.  I think that I am going to create a new account anyways
Message 3 of 67 (2,411 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Nov 13, 2009

lilgummibear wrote:
I can create another account, but then I would lose everything.  I think that I am going to create a new account anyways

Don't bother making a new one.

Basically every gaming company that had forums or MMOs have almost always offered an ID/Forumhandle/Name change service later on, just wait a while, I'm sure they'll have 10$ ID changes at some point.

Message 4 of 67 (2,411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 13, 2009
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! your ID is lilgummibear thats awesome bro. Good for you keep that you're the lilgummibear! Roll with that bro mad props to you man.  ALthough the OTHER BOX charges like 5 bucks to change it. I think that would be fair enough to do.
Message 5 of 67 (2,411 Views)
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Nov 13, 2009

As bad as I feel for you, this is hilarious to me.  I've been in the same boat, as have thousands of people (minus the lilgummibear portion) but I just made new id's, etc.   yeah you lose some trophies but in the end, they're meaningless to anyone but you.  You know which ones you got.

just trying to make you feel better since you're story was so funny to me.  good luck with it man.

Message 6 of 67 (2,411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 13, 2009

lilgummibear wrote:

My girlfriend bought me my PS3 as a present.  I wasn't very much of an online gamer.  When I chose my PSN, I let my girlfriend pick it.  (She says that sometimes I look like a lilgummibear, I still don't get it).  I didn't anticipate playing online, but now I play online all the time.

In short, I am tired of being lilgummibear.  I always get messages from dudes hitting on me, thinking that I am a girl.  I cannot even talk in a lobby without being shouted down for having a "gay" ID.  I have endured having this PSN ID long enough, and I want to change it to something more fitting.  But I don't want to lose my DLC, trophies, online progress, and friends.

I really think that this is a feature that should be implemented.  I realize that some people would abuse it and change their IDs every week, but there has to be a way to prevent that.

I am just tired of being lilgummibear. 

This Is How I Got Mine I Dont Care To Change It Though
Message 7 of 67 (2,411 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Nov 13, 2009
I've pretty much stopped playing on this account to focus on my other IDs since people kept harassing my choice of username. But lilgummibear is so cute.
Message 8 of 67 (2,411 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
881 posts

Nov 13, 2009
In the future, don't let a girl choose your online name.
Message Edited by I-Nick- on 11-13-2009 03:11 PM
I-Nick- Trophy Card
Message 9 of 67 (2,411 Views)