Highlighted
Nov 04 2011
By: Dj_Breaker First Son 12 posts

Dear Sony - About the Playstation 2

6 replies 14 views Edited Nov 4, 2011

Alright guys, im sure this has probably been asked before. However, im getting pretty desperate. I am excited to see that Playstation Network has released Playstation 2 games as downloadable content, so i downloaded the PS2 System Data while i wait for some of my disk games to be released. Heres what my problem is. My Playstation 2 system is seeing its last days, i can only at most play a game for about 10-20 minutes before it looses video picture and sound entirely. Basically making most games unplayable, and i dont want to spend $50 on a pre-owned system at Gamestop, that would risk failing within a few months. Btw guys i know for sure it isnt the RWY connectors, cause i use the same cable for my PS3 and it works fine when connected to the PS3.

Hear me out Sony, please if its at all possible, please release an update that will let us play our Playstation 2 games on the PS3 again. I don't have a FAT model PS3 that was backwards compatible. I have the newest 320GB PS3 that came with the Move controller. I am a Playstation Plus user, and if this is done i will gladly get 2 years worth of Playstation Plus. I love it already, but id love it even more if this were done. It would be nice to have all of my games playable on one system.

If it is not, and im guessing that would be due to hardware related issues. Could we see the following games be released for download on the network?

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 1, 2 and 3

Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi 1, 2 and 3

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time

Fatal Frame 1, 2 and 3

Chaos Legion

Wild Arms 3, 4 and 5

Extreme G 3 and XGRA

Grandia 2, Grandia Extreme (new copies of this are worth like $100 on Ebay), and Grandia 3

etc.

Ive got a huge list of games, but i know you guys aren't gonna be able to put em all on at once (Can you prove me wrong on this? lol). Im pretty sure people would be happy with this list as a nice start.

Like i said Sony, what im asking you to do here is: Can you please release an update for the newer PS3s that would let us play our PS2 games once again, if that isnt possible, then can you please work on adding a larger selection of PS2 releases on the Network?

I will GLADLY get 2 years of Playstation Plus if you make this happen.

Message 1 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Dear Sony - About the Playstation 2

Nov 4, 2011

I agree, I hope they do release an update to play ps2 games. I really want to play my ps2 games since I didnt finish beating it. Sony if u can't release a update please release kingdom hearts 1 and 2 for download on the network.

Message 2 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29186 posts

Nov 4, 2011

This has been discussed many, many, many, MANY times before. The problem is that the current PS3 models don't have the Graphics Synthesizer to run PS2 games. It's not a software problem, the machine physically doesn't have the capability.

Sony has started releasing "PS2 Classics" on the Playstation Store. So it looks doubtful if we're going to see an update to run PS2 games, even if it is possible. 

Message 3 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Dang, oh well thank you for updating us at least. Still hopefully we will get some good PS2 Classics on there soon.

Message 4 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Nov 5, 2011

just be patient they will ''probably''  re-release some ps2 games for the ps3 i am still waiting for the ratchet and clank  games to be release i like those game i miss playing them hopefully it's soon

Message 5 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 13, 2011

I agree, I would love to see some of my ps2 games on the ps3 and not just the store, I really don't want to pay for something that I already have, and if Sony were to add PS2 support that would bring up PS3 sales

Message 6 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 13, 2011

Kusakara wrote:

I agree, I would love to see some of my ps2 games on the ps3 and not just the store, I really don't want to pay for something that I already have, and if Sony were to add PS2 support that would bring up PS3 sales

I really don't think that Sony adding PS2 support to the PS3 will have much impact on the sales of the hardware at this point. Lowering the cost of the hardware I believe has the most impact. With the PS3 being lowered to $200 at all major retailers on Black Friday, hardware sales should spike considerably because of that...

Message 7 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes