May 09 2014
By: Tjoeb123 Lombax Warrior 229 posts

Dear Sony: A Feature/Fix Wish List for PlayStation

[ Edited ]
8 replies 148 views Edited May 9, 2014

I'm just gonna skip the introduction and get right into it.

PSN

• Ability to sort the Download List.  'Nuff said.
  • Increase the file size limit for images in messaging.  It makes no sense that the iOS app has no file size limit, yet the other devices do.

PS3

• Fix the friends list.   It really sucks that the PS3 only shows a few of my friends online, yet the PS Vita and the iOS app shows a lot more online.

PS Vita

• Fix the PS Store.  Right now, the games and related content are all listed on individual pages.  I think that both the base game and its related content should all be listed on one page, without having to manually search for it.
  • Let us play ALL of our purchased PS1 and PSP games.  'Nuff said.
  • Add PS4 support to Content Manager.  See the PS4 section
  • Increase the max file size for photos.  I'm getting tired of seeing ?s in my photo library, and also tired of having to use Photoshop to resize them to get them to show up on the Vita.
  • Improve the compression method for photos as wallpapers.
  • Bring that 64GB card to the West, and lower the prices on the Memory Cards.  Please.

PS4

• Add multimedia support.  I'd love to sample the inFAMOUS SS soundtrack, which is free on the PS Store, but since I don't have a PS4 yet, well, I can't do that.  And even if I did, I can't copy it to my iPod, or my PS Vita (which is especially baffling).  I know it's been said it's coming, but we've had a few major updates and so far, nothing.  It would also be nice to save our screenshots and videos locally, just like on the PS3 and Vita.  Also, KickBeat is coming to the PS4, and one of the big features was to import your own music.  This is important not just because we want to use our multimedia content on our PS4s, but also so that games can use them to enhance our experience, like has been done with KickBeat and Hatsune Miku on the other platforms.
  • Add PS Vita content support, incluing on the PS Store.  This pretty much ties into the explanation above, but it's baffling how the PS Vita is marketed as the PS4's companion, yet the PS4 currently can't store any of the Vita's content. (games, backups, and multimedia content).

That's pretty much all I have.  If you have anything, feel free to add it, because I'd love to hear from you.

...But seriously, I just can't buy a PS4 until Vita and multimedia support arrives.

Think of me as the Superman of gaming. Wherever there's hate and/or trolling, I'll be there to squash those evildoers.

....And I WILL win.
Message 1 of 9 (148 Views)
MVP Support
11633 posts

Re: Dear Sony: A Feature/Fix Wish List for PlayStation

May 9, 2014
Message 2 of 9 (142 Views)
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

May 9, 2014

Would be nice to all of these.

| LIVE: Aversion X | STEAM: XAversionX
Message 3 of 9 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

May 9, 2014

ctfw529 wrote:

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-Update-Wishlist-Patch-1-70-goes-live-...

take your pick. search bars are wonderous things.

The blog is a joke. MAG 2 is the most requested thing for nearly 2 years, yet no response from Sony.

Message 4 of 9 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6111 posts

May 9, 2014

Here_we_go_again.jpg

Message 5 of 9 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

May 9, 2014

GET_OUT_OF_SVER wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-Update-Wishlist-Patch-1-70-goes-live-...

The blog is a joke. MAG 2 is the most requested thing for nearly 2 years, yet no response from Sony.

Amoung other things such as deleting trophies, hiding online status. It kind of seems the blog.share 'died out'.

| LIVE: Aversion X | STEAM: XAversionX
Message 6 of 9 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 9, 2014

I hate how you can only put the videos on facebook. We should be able to share our videos through a message on the PS4 or send them to our phone to text to our friends.

Message 7 of 9 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

May 9, 2014

I'll also add that when I transfer photos from my PS Vita, I'd like to place them in albums.  It sucks having all my photos in folders named 2014-05-09 (followed by 002, etc. if I transfer them more than once).

Think of me as the Superman of gaming. Wherever there's hate and/or trolling, I'll be there to squash those evildoers.

....And I WILL win.
Message 8 of 9 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

May 9, 2014

GET_OUT_OF_SVER wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

I'll also add the fact that the 2nd link talks mainly about the PS4.  Here, I'm talking about ALL the PlayStation platforms (especially the Vita).

....And I WILL win.
Message 9 of 9 (77 Views)
0 Likes