First Son
1 posts

Re: Deactivating broken PS3's via calling Sony [My experience so far]

Sep 13, 2010
Thanks for this post! I now know what to do to get my system back inorder after it has been repaired.
Message 11 of 14 (462 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Deactivating broken Ass's via calling Sony [My experience so far]

Nov 6, 2010
  • My 40gb ps3 broke down 3 months ago and was gona cost 150 pounds to repair so i decided to throw it away and buy a new slimline one then i had a problem last saturday when i tried to rent a movie on the playstation store it said i had to deactivate my old ps3 but as i no longer had it i could'nt do that.I decided to give sony a ring on monday to see if they could deactivate it but the bloke i spoke to said i they could'nt deactivate old ps3 without me sending it in told him i no longer had it he said he could'nt do anything to be honest he did'nt seem interested so i hung up.A couple of days later i rang sony again and spoke to a different guy he was realy helpful he took a few details over the phone for security the call lasted just over 8 minutes and within an hour of putting phone down my ps3 was activated for video,my advice is if you don't get any joy the first time just keep trying.
Message 12 of 14 (462 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 19, 2011

The download list is never empty... The whole point of the Download List, is to show you a LIST of your DOWNLOADS, so why would it be empty? I've used more than one PS3 console for my account, and my full download history has appeared on each console.

Message 13 of 14 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Jan 24, 2012

I called Sony and told them what happened. (same thing as you). And the lady said this is something we can definitely help you with. I gave her the email that was used for the account, She put me on hold for about a minute, and came back on and said ok we have deactivated the video content so you can go re activate it and begin redownloading. Took me maybe 10 minutes at the most and they did it while I was still on the phone!

Message 14 of 14 (462 Views)